Just looked at steam player Data

"
Anton__Chigur wrote:
There seems to be a trend with some popular online games these days and that is to take away things people liked about the game and then they wonder why they lost players. The other game I play did the same thing, "oh you like this? gone"

keep doing that enough times and there are much less things to like about the game. Pretty simple honestly.

Things stay fresh when they change. Not everyone likes the same things you do so there's no such thing as "people liked".
There used to be a couple of acts you had to play through 3 times before you could enter maps. Act bosses used to be the endgame...and so on.

A lof things have changed, and there are never only good or only bad changes.
This game was never meant to be played 10 hours a day. It only works if you're a streamer and get paid for it.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Right, there should be absolutely no excuse for this league and bare minimum content quality.

There is one very good excuse.
Free game no bitching.

Seems like you're new. If free can be slung around as an excuse for poor quality, then your favourite game will be dead in no time.

Stand up and demand better from GGG, unless you prefer to have a slippery back? Hey whatever floats ur boat.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I used to go for the 37 challenges. Then I scaled to 24. Now when I look at that list I ask myself what is the point. When you aim things at the super elite only they will end up playing. I have zero time to pm tons of people to d challenges and pay them for it. Give us things we can do by ourselves.
"
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Right, there should be absolutely no excuse for this league and bare minimum content quality.

There is one very good excuse.
Free game no bitching.

Seems like you're new. If free can be slung around as an excuse for poor quality, then your favourite game will be dead in no time.

Stand up and demand better from GGG, unless you prefer to have a slippery back? Hey whatever floats ur boat.

Then it will stop being my favorite game and I will find new one. No big deal.
The difficulty ramp up from last league is just way too much for me. Too much dmg taken with 86% dmg mitigation, reasonable res and life pool. all this while leveling is just anti fun.

I'm fine with hard endgame but after 10 years doing same acts i just want to breeze through the acts , especially since there are no other ways of leveling (like rifts in d3)

The league mechanic is also not that clear at first glance idk

ps; release poe 2 lul

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
They lied and promised a league of no nerfs and nerfed players by like 80%. Chris actually made me touch grass on a league start weekend.

I don't blame people for taking a 3 month break. It's the perfect time to do it. Beta testing for the new mods should be done in August for the new league.

I think this ones a little unfair, though personally I think trying to placate your player base on balance is a fools errand anyway - just make the changes that need making.

That being said it was obvious that replacing rare mods with AN mods was going to be a "nerf" as your putting it whereas Chris was clearly talking about character balance specifically not the all encompassing way you can apply "nerf".

Statistically an EA ballista character in the same equipment to 3.17 is the same character this time, that was the no changes.

lie is pretty inaccurate.

misleading is a proper term.

i would say GGG dropped the ball hard on this one. the expectation with the announcement was that players could use the same build and have the same experience as last league. however AN mods changed the game in a fundamental level so drastically, that players could "not play the way they played last league".

i want to say that GGG shouldnt be blamed for trying something different but GGG has years of experience. they could have introduced the AN mobs in AN maps. players could give feedback, then next league add in AN as core if the feedback was good. most of all past league content was optional

not AN. AN is GGG forcing a spoon of food into your mouth and expecting you to just stfu and swallow.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:

they could have introduced the AN mobs in AN maps. players could give feedback, then next league add in AN as core if the feedback was good. most of all past league content was optional

not AN. AN is GGG forcing a spoon of food into your mouth and expecting you to just stfu and swallow.

I would like to nominate you to be in charge of GGG development planning. That is a brilliant idea!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
exsea wrote:
AN is GGG forcing a spoon of food into your mouth and expecting you to just stfu and swallow.

Were my mouth empty when they'd done so I'd probably not be that bothered. But going by that analogy, they're force-feeding someone whose mouth is already painfully stuffed with a bite from twenty dishes. Individually, each bite might be delectable, but mashed up in the high speed blender that is Path of Exile 2022, you might as well be sucking nutrients through a straw.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
exsea wrote:

i would say GGG dropped the ball hard on this one. the expectation with the announcement was that players could use the same build and have the same experience as last league. however AN mods changed the game in a fundamental level so drastically, that players could "not play the way they played last league".

i want to say that GGG shouldnt be blamed for trying something different but GGG has years of experience. they could have introduced the AN mobs in AN maps. players could give feedback, then next league add in AN as core if the feedback was good. most of all past league content was optional

You do realize that to mislead is a synonym for lie? So, you just agreed, albeit using a word that is just less inflammatory.
"
JoeUtopia wrote:
"
exsea wrote:

You do realize that to mislead is a synonym for lie? So, you just agreed, albeit using a word that is just less inflammatory.

To be exact, it depends on intent.

If GGG had intent to mislead, then it was a lie.

But I doubt they had that intent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info