Tips for leveling to 100. (Beginners, Standard.)

so don't die? cool
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Well its a bit long and bored but quite safe,

just do heist. Item level 83, don't roll anything (run white, scour everything)
buy bulk from TFT. It sustainable (currency dropped can be used to buy more contract).

Every contract is profitable even deception with price 10c per contract, the difference is how fast (Demolition is the most annoying ones since rogue can get stuck, Deception, Lockpick, Perception is fast).

1 white contract item level 83 yield around 500k exp per run (on level 99).
a bit long but quite safe, it kinda boring and annoying though since a lot of people doesn't like heist mechanic.

Or you could just do mapping t16 normally (chisel, alche, vaal) grab all passive tree with map tier higher, 8 favorite map with same map, build map pool (you should oversustain this). And once you have 1 quad stash of favorite map just scour all and run the map white. Its Very easy to sustain map this league. Or you can just buy them cheap 1c per map, and run all of them white (scour all no need juice for profit since the aim is level 100).

Its boring though (because you run all of them scoured), so i not recommended it. But if your aim is just low risk level 100 and inexpensive, i think this should cover it. Can still gain few profit if it heist. if in atlas you still want to beat bosses take top passive (conqueror, elder, syntesis map drop chance) to gain extra profit.

Last edited by Ankparp on Apr 1, 2022, 11:57:20 PM
I find all these tips great.

*Consumes Vanilla Wafers on the eve of my birthday*
"
Knivingdude wrote:
I find all these tips great.

*Consumes Vanilla Wafers on the eve of my birthday*

Thank you for your positive energy, it motivates me to update my tips.

I thank other players for their kind words, I was expecting to be roasted.
I thank other players for their unkind words, it bumped up my thread and the pros can chime in.
I thank the pros for offering their tips as my tips is biased based on my rogue build and my subpar wifi and integrated graphic card.
I thank the pros for showing a different meta, whereby one does not needs to climb the last few levels up to level 100.

Yes, I did this thread half-jokingly but have reflected upon myself upon reading the comments and realizing that people have read my mega asset long tips, I have used your ideas to spearhead, rephrased, simplified and shortened my tips.
I just double and triple Beyond with legions, beasts, harbi and deli when it showed up..got 35m exp/hr @ 99 in armory with melee cyclone. HH makes dying almost impossible with a solid build underneath it as was stacking over 90 rares in HH cue...My juggernaut tank cyclone only does 8m DPS but with stacks he hit 50m regularly... more than enough to one shot everything. I think abyss sucks because you go backwards too much.

I dont like any of those mechanics that slow your roll. Even breach is too slow opening and closing.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 2, 2022, 1:38:37 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
But let's get real if you cant beat everything @ 95 100 won't help

This is completely untrue—at least for some people. I am effectively SSF. I have never traded for anything. I wasn't able to do everything at 95, only when I got to 100. Since then, I've discovered more gear and it's become easier. But the extra 5 skill points were the only thing getting me to some of the endgame content without the gear that anybody who trades takes for granted.
Last edited by Sintactical on Apr 4, 2022, 10:46:10 AM
"
Sintactical wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

This is completely untrue—at least for some people. I am effectively SSF. I have never traded for anything. I wasn't able to do everything at 95, only when I got to 100. Since then, I've discovered more gear and it's become easier. But the extra 5 skill points were the only thing getting me to some of the endgame content without the gear that anybody who trades takes for granted.

Getting an extra 5 levels is like getting a free Unnatural Instincts. Those go for like 10ex and can really transform a build since they open up other options like cluster jewel slots.
"
TommyBoy1987 wrote:
"
Sintactical wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Getting an extra 5 levels is like getting a free Unnatural Instincts. Those go for like 10ex and can really transform a build since they open up other options like cluster jewel slots.

Nah. If that's really the case then your skill point planning was piss-poor before hand.

5 points from 95-100 should be some life/es padding, maybe some aura nodes (either increase effectiveness or reservation), or small defensive/dps/block hybrid increases.

There shouldn't be anything key or essential at that point of your build.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 4, 2022, 3:36:48 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
5 points from 95-100 should be some life/es padding, maybe some aura nodes (either increase effectiveness or reservation), or small defensive/dps/block hybrid increases.

Just as an example, those extra 5 levels allowed me cap out my spell suppression by other means than gear, and start using a Farrul's Fur instead of the regular rare chest piece like the 'official' build recommends. This completely overhauled my character and freed up a 4link that was being used to generate frenzy charges. Instead of frenzy I switched to a super buffed Vaal Molten Shell resulting in god-tier levels of armor with extended duration.

The aspect of the cat combined with my other passives gave me almost 100% uptime on phasing, which maybe wasn't 'key' or 'essential', but was still a major improvement compared to the kinds of minor upgrades you suggest. I couldn't have made this change at level 95. In order to do it I had to squeeze out every last 1% of spell suppression such that I was perfectly capped and not a single point over or under. While I do understand your point, I can't help but disagree because sometimes you just can't take these kinds of possibilities into consideration until you've got the maximum number of skill points at your disposal. Sure, your build may be 'complete' at level 95, but level 100 allows you to start asking 'what if' and to get a bit more creative, with potentially surprising results.
"
TommyBoy1987 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Just as an example, those extra 5 levels allowed me cap out my spell suppression by other means than gear, and start using a Farrul's Fur instead of the regular rare chest piece like the 'official' build recommends. This completely overhauled my character and freed up a 4link that was being used to generate frenzy charges. Instead of frenzy I switched to a super buffed Vaal Molten Shell resulting in god-tier levels of armor with extended duration.

The aspect of the cat combined with my other passives gave me almost 100% uptime on phasing, which maybe wasn't 'key' or 'essential', but was still a major improvement compared to the kinds of minor upgrades you suggest. I couldn't have made this change at level 95. In order to do it I had to squeeze out every last 1% of spell suppression such that I was perfectly capped and not a single point over or under. While I do understand your point, I can't help but disagree because sometimes you just can't take these kinds of possibilities into consideration until you've got the maximum number of skill points at your disposal. Sure, your build may be 'complete' at level 95, but level 100 allows you to start asking 'what if' and to get a bit more creative, with potentially surprising results.

I'm not doubting the improvements and upgrades you made. Seems reasonable.

I'm merely suggesting that making those improvements, so late in your character progression, leads me to believe you could have been far more efficent in prioritizing your skill selections earlier. I dont know, maybe not in your specific case, but to me, having a build not work as well as it should until 100, isnt something I'd recommend at all.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info