Tips for leveling to 100. (Beginners, Standard.)

I like how the OP used their own name as an example in the first sentence. Couldn't be clearer about the real intention here.

Tldr version: If you want to reach level 100, don't die.
"
yamface wrote:
"
TommyBoy1987 wrote:

Reflected damage
Extra critical damage
Extra physical to 'x' damage
Less Recovery
Shocked/desecrated Ground
Reduced Flask Charges
Less Armor
Less chance to block
etc.

tf is this list.. you listed 90% of the mods that a map can even have. reflect aside, who skips all that wtf?

Those were just some examples and won't apply to everyone. Bow builds don't care about chance to block, CI doesn't care about desecrated ground, Elementalists can become immune to reflected damage, Brass Dome negates critical strikes etc. The point is that the map mods are subjective and should be rolled according to one's own tolerance for risk. I don't doubt there are builds out there that can run all those mods without dying. I've just found that the closer you get to 100, the lower the risk tolerance gets, to such a degree that once you've reached lvl 99 you need to adopt a mentality of zero tolerance for failure or you're not gonna make it.
I do skip less recovery (or more like I reroll them), because with atlas nodes 60% becomes like 94% less recovery. Do you know what does it mean? It means you cant heal yourself with anything. No regen, no leech, no potion healing, nothing. Only way to bypass it is life/ES gained on hit.
"
mina97 wrote:
"
gageris wrote:
What? This alone makes me think you haven't leveled by yourself to 100 in maps.
I was getting ~0.7% / map on my way to 99 (I counted I needed 171 maps to finish 100). So dying in 99 results in 17maps lost. As for 90->95 - you get multiple % in a single map. Do deathless 30 T16 maps at lvl90 and you will end up being ~93.
Ofc to be fair - I was running abysses for their insane exp (with 200%+ more mobs and 4 additional abysses).

I am already halfway to level 100, I am like level 50 already.

Almost there! Keep it up!
"
Aynix wrote:
I do skip less recovery (or more like I reroll them), because with atlas nodes 60% becomes like 94% less recovery. Do you know what does it mean? It means you cant heal yourself with anything. No regen, no leech, no potion healing, nothing. Only way to bypass it is life/ES gained on hit.

Indeed, with "no regen" you can at least use healing potions. 94% less recovery is simply potions disabled.
If I ever got to 100 it's by accident. I think I have a 99 on a Jugg who is hard to kill. But let's get real if you cant beat everything @ 95 100 won't help and 100 takes 10x the time. I look at utility in all things and 100 is poor utility of my POE time.
Git R Dun!
dp
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 29, 2022, 11:46:31 AM
It's interesting to see players break into two camps:
1. Do not level up to 100, it is a waste of time.
2. Just do not die and you will reach level 100.
"
mina97 wrote:

Logically it's time waste - 1 passive point VS tons of exalts farmed in risky maps. Bigger power gain will come from gear, but getting 100 is a prestige thing, and it feels good, that when you die - you lose nothing.
"
gageris wrote:
"
mina97 wrote:

Logically it's time waste - 1 passive point VS tons of exalts farmed in risky maps. Bigger power gain will come from gear, but getting 100 is a prestige thing, and it feels good, that when you die - you lose nothing.

Objectively speaking, if you can muster up a maximum of 30ex over the course of a league, you're practically guaranteed to derive greater benefit from spending those on your gear. Conversely, if you're the type of player who can farm, say ~60-80ex, it might be time to start thinking about doing the push to 100, since you can afford to get max to level with some nice gear on top of it (in my opinion).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info