Tips for leveling to 100. (Beginners, Standard.)

"
how many 5 ways would it take to get to 100 from 97?

XP to gain:
97 + 273,358,532
98 + 294,631,836
99 + 317,515,914
100 + 0
= 885,506,282 XP to get from lvl 97-100

From somewhat limited memory, I was getting ~4-5% per 1 5way at lvl 99. That's:
0.05 x 317,515,914 = 15,875,795 XP per 1 5way.

885,506,282 / 15,875,795 = 55 5ways from lvl 97-100.

Since 5ways are typically done in a 'pseudo' rotation of sets of 5, that's:
55 / 5 = 11 'full' 5ways

Assuming the host is charging 3ex per 5way (5 sets at at time), that's:
3ex x 11 = 33ex to get from lvl 97-100 via 5-ways provided I didn't mess up the math, while understanding that this estimate doesn't account for fluctuations in price over the course of the league.
"
TommyBoy1987 wrote:
"

XP to gain:
97 + 273,358,532
98 + 294,631,836
99 + 317,515,914
100 + 0
= 885,506,282 XP to get from lvl 97-100

From somewhat limited memory, I was getting ~4-5% per 1 5way at lvl 99. That's:
0.05 x 317,515,914 = 15,875,795 XP per 1 5way.

885,506,282 / 15,875,795 = 55 5ways from lvl 97-100.

Since 5ways are typically done in a 'pseudo' rotation of sets of 5, that's:
55 / 5 = 11 'full' 5ways

Assuming the host is charging 3ex per 5way (5 sets at at time), that's:
3ex x 11 = 33ex to get from lvl 97-100 via 5-ways provided I didn't mess up the math, while understanding that this estimate doesn't account for fluctuations in price over the course of the league.

thanks for that! i have around 20 ex left so looks like i cant afford it :/
"
thanks for that! i have around 20 ex left so looks like i cant afford it :/

The trick is to supplement it with cheaper alternatives, especially when you're in the upper and lower margins of a level. Don't pay for a 5way at 0% for example. Take a bit of a risk and try and bump that up to 25% first by doing maps. You just saved 3ex. Same goes for the upper end, you don't want to pay for a 5way to push you over the last few % when a much cheaper Coward's Trial would suffice.

Global 820 is life when you're stuck at 50% and you're too scared of mapping. This is the time to be looking for messages like:

FREE Coward's Trial
FREE Untainted Paradise
FREE Breachstone (people often leave if they lvl up part way through a ROTA and this frees up a spot. the host wants to fill this spot to keep maxxing the XP bonus)

This is also the time to be rerolling Kirac missions and writing a similar message to invite other players. Let's say you're rerolling Kirac missions and you get a Coward's Trial. It's best to fill up the group to get more XP vs running it solo.
/global 820
36[Exxiled665]: FREE cowards trial kirac mission

Always keep your eyes peeled for free XP opportunities in Global 820 to help offset the cost would be my suggestion, since I think you can probably manage with 20ex if you get creative about it.
Its pretty easy to hit 100 solo this league with how much juice you can pump into maps at low cost. Beyond on map + atlas passive tree + map device and abyss gives you tons of XP. To make the most of it, you probably want explode and any HH/inspired learnings do well here too.

As for 5-ways, if you are a bit short, you can join as resetter for 1ex/5 runs and actually make profit by leveling gems.
"
BrettLee wrote:
Its pretty easy to hit 100 solo this league with how much juice you can pump into maps at low cost. Beyond on map + atlas passive tree + map device and abyss gives you tons of XP. To make the most of it, you probably want explode and any HH/inspired learnings do well here too.

As for 5-ways, if you are a bit short, you can join as resetter for 1ex/5 runs and actually make profit by leveling gems.

There's definitely a sweet spot of just enough juice for XP maxxing without being too deadly. The challenge becomes identifying what's killing you and trying try to remove those things from the equation. A big one for me this league was the juiced up strongboxes. There's one in particular with a really nasty ground effect (chaos/corrupted blood damage?) that's almost a guaranteed rip if you're standing in it, so you've got to be careful with atlas passives as well as the map mods. I would just roll like 50-100 strands and separate them by mods into a good and bad pile. The bad pile looks like:

Reflected damage
Extra critical damage
Extra physical to 'x' damage
Less Recovery
Shocked/desecrated Ground
Reduced Flask Charges
Less Armor
Less chance to block
etc.

Those get put aside for later while the 'ok' ones can be safely farmed for XP.
"

You get ~3.5-4.5% from a single 5way on 99->100 (very much depends on quality of reseter and if carry really clear mobs, plus you need to stand a bit closer to center, if you stand near the rock - you lose ~10% exp. And ofc equip exp% items)
And reseters are getting this much cheaper (1-1.5ex per 5x5way), and if your character can be temporary aurabot - you get these runs for free (it's cheaper to invest couple ex for very basic defensive aurabot, than to pay 3ex for each 5runs). Plus level uo gems, they make money

"
17. On Level 90-100, I actually recommend +% life, +% energy shield, evasion, armour, spell supression and other defensive measures than damage, once you reach these levels you will get what I mean, one death is lost of about 30 maps of exp. But of course, make sure you can still kill all mobs in one or two hits.

What? This alone makes me think you haven't leveled by yourself to 100 in maps.
I was getting ~0.7% / map on my way to 99 (I counted I needed 171 maps to finish 100). So dying in 99 results in 17maps lost. As for 90->95 - you get multiple % in a single map. Do deathless 30 T16 maps at lvl90 and you will end up being ~93.
Ofc to be fair - I was running abysses for their insane exp (with 200%+ more mobs and 4 additional abysses).
Last edited by gageris on Mar 28, 2022, 1:52:11 AM
"
TommyBoy1987 wrote:

Reflected damage
Extra critical damage
Less Recovery
Reduced Flask Charges
Less Armor
Less chance to block
etc.

tf is this list.. you listed 90% of the mods that a map can even have. reflect aside, who skips all that wtf?
"
yamface wrote:
"
TommyBoy1987 wrote:

Reflected damage
Extra critical damage
Less Recovery
Reduced Flask Charges
Less Armor
Less chance to block
etc.

tf is this list.. you listed 90% of the mods that a map can even have. reflect aside, who skips all that wtf?

Well when you are leveling to 100 via maps - you skip most of these mods. Me personally I was skiping these mods (by skipping - just banking the maps for the future, not rerolling):
- mob crit mods (chance/multi)
- mob action speed (atk/cast/move)
- mob dmg as extra x element
- reflect
- no regen
- reduced effect of non curse auras
- multiple boss mods (hp+aoe+dmg+speed)
Etc. Dmg mods.

Even running blue maps is a viable strategy when you leveling up 99->100 in maps.

Needless to say, mechanics like Legion, Metamorph, etc. are to deadly with their uber rare mobs/1shoty mechanics.
Getting to 100 with 10ex buils in maps is all about not dying and simply reducing risks.
Last edited by gageris on Mar 28, 2022, 2:25:38 AM
"
gageris wrote:
What? This alone makes me think you haven't leveled by yourself to 100 in maps.
I was getting ~0.7% / map on my way to 99 (I counted I needed 171 maps to finish 100). So dying in 99 results in 17maps lost. As for 90->95 - you get multiple % in a single map. Do deathless 30 T16 maps at lvl90 and you will end up being ~93.
Ofc to be fair - I was running abysses for their insane exp (with 200%+ more mobs and 4 additional abysses).

I am already halfway to level 100, I am like level 50 already.

Just dont die and you will get to 100 eventually 4head

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info