Server providers for South-Africa

"
addicted2pawn wrote:
Looks like the ZA servers have gone down completely. Going straight to London after the patch

Seems to be fine this morning, maybe you got bumped to London because stuff got maxed out down here or something?
Fitzy_GGG is an Honorary South African.
I highly doubt the ZA instances were full at 5am. The problem was resolved a little while later
"
addicted2pawn wrote:
I highly doubt the ZA instances were full at 5am. The problem was resolved a little while later

LOL, ja 5am is a bit rough! You're an early bird! XD
Fitzy_GGG is an Honorary South African.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I'm shutting down the login server for the gateway and redirecting traffic for London for a bit. I'm going to increase the size of the Azure VM I'm using so it can hold more players over the weekend.

Please keep in mind that this gateway is primarily there so I can evaluate different server providers, gather data and do stability testing. I've tried my best to set expectations to match this. It's not all going to be peachy, and the option is there to play on another gateway if you're unhappy.

Hi there!

I found out about the SA local servers via a friend yesterday and decided to start a new league character as a result.

I was blown away by the performance!PoE feels like a completely different game when playing on low latency: I absolutely love it, and dread the prospect of going back to Frankfurt.

Thank you so much! I am telling all my friends about it now.

A lot of South African PoE players are unaware of this SA server. What kind of player numbers are you seeing?

What do we need to do to secure it as a permanent fixture?
was going to skip league but hype for a 15ping experience, busy leveling now.

Finally we can also enjoy everything the game offers. Think a little support is in order, been a while since ive spent on POE
The past few days have been a blissful 21ms.

Thank you for this.
UGH phys network has packketloss and massives spikes on it today
Yeep, Experiencing the same here.
Thanks for this initiative. I had a bit of a rough time to say the least in terms of connection to one of the servers. I hope this is in the right format. Huge packet loss (not even working with predictive). I'm also well aware that this is an experiment

WinMTR:

Last edited by thedeviator86poe on Oct 30, 2021, 10:03:02 AM
Also having a lot of struggles today, massive packet loss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info