Server providers for South-Africa

Been having big spikes in latency as well and it's always when connected to these IP's. Average 100-200ms response times with random spikes.

This is in stark contrast to this IP which I'm getting response times below 20ms.

I've just been ctrl clicking the instances to get a low latency instance, but this is not going to work once I get to mapping.
The first servers were great! These new ones however are pretty terrible. My ping is constantly fluctuation between like 50 - 500ms which makes the South Africa region pretty much unplayable since the map/zone is wasted if you're unlucky and get the bad servers.
@Fitzy_GGG could we hear back to find out how the testing is going and what potential future plans are in the works regarding the ongoing usage of Psychz? I believe we can definitely agree that there are issues with packet loss and instability being experienced by all South Africans that connect to the Psychz network.

I am fully aware this is experimental and that you may have other issues to attend to during a fairly busy time after a launch. You of course have insight into your support ticket(s) with Psychz to try narrow down what's causing the widespread issue. I hope that they are being helpful.

I'll still be making use of the gateway, because when it connects to Azure, it's beautiful. I am happy to put up with the speedwobble Psychz servers, as I am under the impression that it provides you with data to provide to Psychz.

Good luck with the testing, I know all of the South African players are waiting with Bated Breath to hear confirmation of a permanent gateway :)

Opened a map and ping is crazy:

Last edited by KryptykZA on Oct 31, 2021, 3:43:56 PM
Any updates on this? For me the servers have been playable only in non peak times, from around 4pm to 12pm on weekdays and most of the day on weekends the server is too unstable to play.
Below is a report from Wednesday 2021/11/03 at 16:25 pm
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 120 | 120 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 24 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 196.6.121.197 - 0 | 120 | 120 | 4 | 5 | 24 | 11 |
| 196.6.121.198 - 0 | 120 | 120 | 3 | 12 | 346 | 3 |
| 196.60.9.20 - 0 | 120 | 120 | 3 | 3 | 29 | 3 |
| 10.81.81.2 - 1 | 117 | 116 | 5 | 47 | 105 | 42 |
| 165.73.241.34 - 4 | 105 | 101 | 5 | 49 | 104 | 33 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

The average response time might seem acceptable, but what makes this unplayable is that it keeps jumping between 50 and 100 ms.
Last edited by Theaedan95 on Nov 3, 2021, 10:29:28 AM
Hi,

Yes, i have experienced the same thing, I have to wait until after midnight to get any decent latency out of the servers. If you idle in game, its around 23ms, but as soon as I enter maps, and initiate the nightmare modes in the maps, latency jumps between 50ms and 160ms and the game actually feels like its struggling.

I have resorted back to the London server for at least a 200ms stable ping.

More CPU, More RAM? Mooooaaaaarrr anything ? :D
Just attempted my first Uber lab, switched to London just to be safe. Nope! Seems like they are having issues as well, watched my ping shoot up to 4500ms and then bam, disconnected.

Sooo, Fitzy_GGG, could we get the Psychz servers removed for now? :D And I'd like my Offering back please :)
Psychz are having some issues tonight but still loving the fact that we have servers.

Thanks again Fitzy_GGG!

Getting horrible lag tonight :(

I assume that there are some issues going with the servers.

ISP is RSAWEB.

I usually get around 15ms while sitting in a hideout.
when doing maps solo i get about 20-30ms
When doing maps with friends i get about the same.

Tonight doing maps solo or with friends I get spikes of 300ms and up and then a disconnect.

otherwise apart from this... loving that we have local servers :)
Just wanna give a shoutout to GGG for making SA servers even though they are still in testing.

Nov 4th was bad but today, Nov 5th, it's pretty good for the most part. No noticeable spikes, but it does bounce between 10-60 or so. mostly 20-30 so pretty good.

Keep up the good work!

Hey Guys,

I believe you are trying out a new provider? RSAWEB?

I have to mention its absolutely terrible, far far worse than Psychz ... literally spiking between 100 and 350 MS every second. If you have an IP adres il make some more WINMTR data for you too use.
Last edited by uhuhuhuhuh666 on Nov 6, 2021, 9:08:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info