Server providers for South-Africa

I'm shutting down the login server for the gateway and redirecting traffic for London for a bit. I'm going to increase the size of the Azure VM I'm using so it can hold more players over the weekend.

Please keep in mind that this gateway is primarily there so I can evaluate different server providers, gather data and do stability testing. I've tried my best to set expectations to match this. It's not all going to be peachy, and the option is there to play on another gateway if you're unhappy.
Thanks for the hard work Fitzy! just know there are a lot more of us who are just happy that you guys are out there doing your best! Whether it works out or not is irrelevant.

Let us know if you need any more testing done when the servers go back up!

Last edited by uhuhuhuhuh666 on Oct 23, 2021, 7:35:06 PM
Exceptional experience so far, been much more stable than the server I usually play one. Thanks so much for continuing to try and improve this for us. It really means a lot :D
Seriously, why would anyone even do metamorph, get yo gloop away from me.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I'm shutting down the login server for the gateway and redirecting traffic for London for a bit. I'm going to increase the size of the Azure VM I'm using so it can hold more players over the weekend.

Please keep in mind that this gateway is primarily there so I can evaluate different server providers, gather data and do stability testing. I've tried my best to set expectations to match this. It's not all going to be peachy, and the option is there to play on another gateway if you're unhappy.

Thanks Fitzy.

I think that you've managed expectations well enough. On the one hand, a lot of people won't read through this thread to see that 'disclaimer' and on the other, will be a bit frustrated when they hit that wall of a shitty connection.

People aware do share your updates to increase reach. Perhaps for people coming to this thread though the title could be edited to include something like 'experimental servers in place'?

Other than that, let us know if there's anything that can be done from our end that'd help you out, incl. beyond just playing or sharing traceroutes.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:

Thank you for the extra effort you put in to this. We really appreciate it.

Overall, even at the worst times, for me, it has always still been better than any of the other nearest options. This morning it's super again, so Im sure it was a little congested last night. Otherwise, it is amazing.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:

Thank you for all the hard work Fitzy. I am sure everyone appreciates it. If you need any testing done on the SA realm just let us know. I think people were just overly hasty with the servers being ready for league start, but I would rather have experimental now and allow you the time to test configurations and get a fully released server than only a temporary one.

Once again thanks again for you hard work.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:

Thank you for your efforts.
Appreciate the capacity increase on Azure, has definitely helped ease the situation for launch and let us experience more of that local ping goodness :)

For your information gathering, when I occasionally hit the Psychz range, it is still quite spiky. WinMTR for your pleasure:

It's probably not possible to share what technical hiccups are happening, but I am curious as to why the latency is as it is on the Psychz network. Hopefully there are other options to test, or maybe the root cause for the instability can be located and resolved.

Either way, I hope that our troubleshooting helps with your testing :) Good luck!
Hi @Fitzy - thanks for this, makes the game feel amazing!

Just one thing I've noticed while playing, not sure if it's the same for others, but certain zones will have the ping be super unstable. I.e some areas will be constant 10-15ms, others will spike between 80-200. Then I get some areas that see the ping spiking to over 1000-4000, not sure if this is localized? Tried quitting the game and joining again, seems it's the exact same instance+area where the ping spikes drastically.

Thanks again for all of your trouble, we all appreciate it a ton!
Was connected to the Azure VM all morning, was blissful.

Seems like I only get Psychz now, very spikey, still probably due to the packet loss on their end. Ingame latency counter shows anything from 40 - 400ms.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info