Server providers for South-Africa

The SA servers feel very bad for me. When they first launched my ping was consistently below 50ms, and it was wonderful! But now it regularly spikes to 150ms, which in lockstep means things teleport around and it feels like I'm running in syrup. So I find that I have to unfortunately have to disable lockstep.

It's important to point out that while the average is low, there is a very big variance and the game feels very rough.

I have a 100 Mbps up and down line with Cool Ideas in Cape Town. My line is generally excellent.

In order:

"
SmL9 wrote:
The SA servers feel very bad for me. When they first launched my ping was consistently below 50ms, and it was wonderful! But now it regularly spikes to 150ms, which in lockstep means things teleport around and it feels like I'm running in syrup. So I find that I have to unfortunately have to disable lockstep.

It's important to point out that while the average is low, there is a very big variance and the game feels very rough.

I have a 100 Mbps up and down line with Cool Ideas in Cape Town. My line is generally excellent.

In order:

I would also speak to Cool Ideas you should not be getting such high numbers on your 2nd hop 154.0.0.238
I think the consensus here is that Psychz servers are notably worse than the Azure ones.

@Fitzy_GGG any chance of removing them from the server pool before the Scourge launch? At this point it would be better to go back to London than use the ZA servers.
I am happy to use Scourge launch to do more testing, the more info GGG get the better they will be able to look at solving the spikes with Pyschz after all it is an experimental realm.
Another Saffa saying thanks a million! Huge QOL improvement.
Only found out about the SA servers today, looking forward to testing them later today on the Scourge launch

:D
Wow.. If this is the ZA Q... insane

Ouch, I got 623 :)
@Fitzy_GGG

The azure server are running butter smooth tonight but holy hell the physz netwoork ones are unplayable
Last edited by DTBA on Oct 22, 2021, 3:17:28 PM
"
DTBA wrote:
@Fitzy_GGG

The azure server are running butter smooth tonight but holy hell the physz netwoork ones are unplayable

Yeah, it sucks having binged on the SA servers tail-end of last league, only having to now go back to London and predictive. Bleak, considering those physz servers were flagged well in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info