Server providers for South-Africa

Well, London it is, thanks for nothing :)

Psych servers are unplayable. Was happy i got in on Azure on strand and as soon as I entered lioneyes watch, boom 300+ ms.

Please just remove them from the server pool because right now Europe is more stable than ZA.
Set to predictive, psychz's awful servers are bearable then at least. More or less.
Thanks for the Servers GGG they are after all Experimental so I can rather be thankful that there is something,
"
casper3111 wrote:
Thanks for the Servers GGG they are after all Experimental so I can rather be thankful that there is something,

True, this is for testing to find the best cost effective solutions. Just have to play and see how it goes. Predictive helps a lot on psychz, not ideal but lockstep is way too bad on there.
Adding more info for your diagnostic pleasure @Fitzy_GGG

Experience is very choppy on Psychz (Lockstep).

I hope they have a 30 day refund option :D

Edit: Just created a new instance, I see possible failover is kicking in. Currently connected to 212.102.43.133, which looks to be based in Frankfurt (Datacamp). Showing as unn-212-102-43-133.cdn77.com
Last edited by KryptykZA on Oct 22, 2021, 4:20:22 PM
Just tried playing on the ZA realm - got connected to the Psychz servers.
Unplayable doesn't even describe the experience - it's got horrid packet loss.
MTR below:

I wouldn't mind paying $5-$10 a month for proper local server support
"
SparkPlay wrote:
I wouldn't mind paying $5-$10 a month for proper local server support

I would too... give me a permanent slot on Azure, I pay a sub! I agree completely. A sub system like ESO would be epic though. Monthly sub, a cosmetic or coins as a bonus. Would be on it like the white on rice.
Last edited by OuBoet on Oct 23, 2021, 8:24:43 AM
The Pshycz hosting needs to go. It is so unbelievably unstable. Constant spikes, I've seen it go above 2000ms from 50ms. Their network infrastructure is just plain bad. Please drop them and scale up Azure, especially now during league launch because I can't deal with either getting a perfect 6-7ms stable ping with 0 packet loss on Azure and then randomly getting thrown into the shitshow that is Psychz constantly jumping from 50-200+ms, packet loss and sometimes instance crashes.

While Psychz is still running I'll choose to use a stable 150ms to EU over the rollercoaster shit show of a gaming experience
"
The Pshycz hosting needs to go. It is so unbelievably unstable. Constant spikes, I've seen it go above 2000ms from 50ms. Their network infrastructure is just plain bad. Please drop them and scale up Azure, especially now during league launch because I can't deal with either getting a perfect 6-7ms stable ping with 0 packet loss on Azure and then randomly getting thrown into the shitshow that is Psychz constantly jumping from 50-200+ms, packet loss and sometimes instance crashes.

While Psychz is still running I'll choose to use a stable 150ms to EU over the rollercoaster shit show of a gaming experience

I think we need to understand the realm is Experimental, Obviously GGG will be looking at everything and decide the best way forward, the price difference between hosting on Azure and with Pshycz is night and so from a business outlook it is going to be better to get the Pshycz servers sorted and we need to calm down, if you dont like the spikes then play on London until it becomes a permanent stable realm, but complaining like some people are on here isnt going to help and will most likely get GGG to just turn off the realm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info