Blazing Salvo mines not chaining

Same issues here. The sequence with Blazing Salvo and Arc doesn't complete
tried it last laegue worked just fine now bugged for me aswell
Same Issue pls Help GGG!
same here, 19 mines placed, 11 remain after rearmed and chain reaction ended. Tried with pyroclast on tremor rod and all mines triggered.
Last edited by redslugah on Apr 18, 2021, 9:44:26 PM
Can confirm, more often than not my blazing salvo in tremor rod does not finish the sequence and leaves several mines undetonated.
I'll keep bumbing this or i need a new build.
I just tested this on the current patch and an older patch (3.13.2). I compared how well mines chain with Tremor Rod on each patch and there is no difference between the patches.

However there is a difference between how well mines chain, and this is mostly related to the cast time of the skill the mine uses. A mine placed with Tremor Rod won't rearm until it has cast its skill. This is particularly obvious if you link Portal to Blastchain Mine.

Pyroclast Mine, with a cast time of 0.18 seconds, has a much faster cast time compared to the other mine skills and most other skills in the game, such as Blazing Salvo, with a cast time of 0.7 seconds. This is why it chains better with Tremor Rod, the mines rearm much faster to be ready to chain again.

Somewhat unintuitively you can get cast speed to increase the speed at which your mines rearm with Tremor Rod, although from my testing you need quite a large amount to make a noticeable difference. For example, you'd need ~280% increased cast speed to lower the cast time of Blazing Salvo to 0.18 to match the cast time of Pyroclast Mine.
"
I just tested this on the current patch and an older patch (3.13.2). I compared how well mines chain with Tremor Rod on each patch and there is no difference between the patches.

However there is a difference between how well mines chain, and this is mostly related to the cast time of the skill the mine uses. A mine placed with Tremor Rod won't rearm until it has cast its skill. This is particularly obvious if you link Portal to Blastchain Mine.

Pyroclast Mine, with a cast time of 0.18 seconds, has a much faster cast time compared to the other mine skills and most other skills in the game, such as Blazing Salvo, with a cast time of 0.7 seconds. This is why it chains better with Tremor Rod, the mines rearm much faster to be ready to chain again.

Somewhat unintuitively you can get cast speed to increase the speed at which your mines rearm with Tremor Rod, although from my testing you need quite a large amount to make a noticeable difference. For example, you'd need ~280% increased cast speed to lower the cast time of Blazing Salvo to 0.18 to match the cast time of Pyroclast Mine.

This is not the main issue. The main issue is that the sequence with for example Blazing Salvo breaks seemingly "randomly". I have made a clip for this where you can see the following: When you throw your mines, start the detonation sequence and then keep throwing traps to "refuel" the next chain it sometimes randomly just flat out stops detonating. Sometimes even after ONE detonated mine and sometimes it didnt even detonate a single mine when the detonate key was pressed. I took a short clip recreating this behaviour. I first noticed this when I was doing bossing. Sometimes I would absolutely melt Conq's and sometimes it would take forever because my detonation sequence kept breaking and breaking. I hope it is okay to post the streamable link in here if not I'm very sorry but this was the easiest way to show how ot recreate this. Here is the clip!: https://streamable.com/4n39r9

edit:I don't know exactly by which rules the game determines which mine to detonate next in the sequence but the only thing I can think of is that the mines that are supposed to be detonated get replaced with new mines being thrown and thus not continuing the sequence.
Last edited by Starrk457 on Apr 19, 2021, 4:39:33 AM
"

Dude, I'm using Purifying flame with dual wield wands and sequence breaks abruptly. Like I drop ~16 mines and so often just about half goes off. Dafuq is that? I played Glacial Cascade miner in 3.12 (also dual wield wands) and it for sure wasn't working like that. Dunno abou 3.13, because I didn't play that league at all.
Last edited by walentaz on Apr 19, 2021, 5:45:55 AM
Using wands setup breaks chain if you start throwing new mines too fast after starting detonate seqeunce, but it's, let's say, 'normal'. (tested with Salvo and Ball Lightning)
Made more tests today and so far using Blazing Salvo + Tremor always breaks chain at 11 (re-armed) mines remaining (without throwing new ones), so I guess it's indeed related to cast time.
Signed
Vermyn

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info