Blazing Salvo mines not chaining

I have found this video where at the timestamp it kinda shows what I have an issue with. If you throw down 19 mines, press the detonate key, should it not detonate the first 19 mines thrown before touching the new ones? This clip from a video shows exactly what I have been experiencing: https://youtu.be/zZ10S19WiKc?t=575 This just seems so weird. He wasn't even throwing that many new mines just a couple but it still stopped the sequence.
Last edited by Starrk457 on Apr 19, 2021, 6:37:31 PM
There is certainly something a bit off, I was playing the same miner build in heist, and its quite noticeably different now (and not in a balancing way, but it just feels off).

Its extremely hard to put a finger on.

Thanks for taking a look TIM

This is just a crapshoot theory, but it almost feels as if the mines used to be LIFO or FILO queued, but now they seem random.

To elaborate on this theory, let us say I have a mine chain detonating having just detonated mine 5/17.

It used to feel like if I threw another mine, it would replace either mine 17 or mine 1 (not sure which one) and mine 6 would detonate as expected, this means I would always get my initial chain of mines unless I spammed enough mines to "loop".

Now it feels random, sometimes throwing a single new mine will take the place of 6 and the chain will abruptly end, sometimes it will take the place of another one of the 17 and the chain will be unaffected.

Is it possible this could have changed?

If not then I'm not 100% sure what it is, but something is different this league for sure, its extremely noticeable and i had ran into it myself without having seen any of the chatter about it, so its not simply bias confirmation.

As a developer myself i apologize for being unable to get video proof, unfortunately i did not record my previous build so i can't do a "before/after" example
Hey guys, hey Tim_GGG

I'd like to shamelesly plug my forum post where i test the interactions between mines and Tremor Rod, specifically why Pyroclast Mine seems to get better sequences than other mines.

To summarize, after being detonated Mines need to go trough two wait phases to be able to be detonated again. The first phase i call the "Rearm Animation Period" and is consistent with the cast speed of the kill being used by the mine. The second phase i call "Refractory period" and is a period of time right after the Rearm Animation Period on wich a mine can be manually detonated BUT it cannot recieve a Detonation Signal from another mine that was recently detonated and is also on the Refractory Period.

This interaction and its consequences are better explained in this forum post, and on these two reddit posts:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3086260

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/mtsju0/tremor_rod_and_you_why_using_any_other_mine_that/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/mu79gu/tremor_rod_and_you_2_pyroclastic_bogaloo/

Thanks y'alls!
I'm playing without Tremor rod and this is still a problem.

Not every new deployment of mines get messed up but a significant amount of sequenses only detonates some of the deployed mines.
I played 6-7 leagues mines as starter, and never felt this way. They have changed something, or it's a bug. Tried without Tremor, and with increased cast speed. Still same.
Same issue, I can equip just wand with blastchain mines and blazing salvo, throw just few mines and it sometime randomly stops. With pyroclast mines it always chains fully, stops sometime at 1 mine only. But at blazin salvo it doesnt even detonate sometime while throwing, when not throwing it sometimes stops at weird number.
"
Thuzad2 wrote:
"

Interesting idea, but from what I can tell a mine that is going to be rearmed through Tremor Rod or Efficient Explosives can't be picked as the next mine to be detonated. This is easy to see with a really long cast time on the mine so no mines rearm before the chain is completely detonated. The entire chain always detonates in this case. I'm fairly certain most of these chain stops you're describing are due to mine replacement, but if you have a video demonstrating it happening without mine replacement then that would be very useful.

Something interesting I found from this however is mines with a longer cast time seem to be more likely to experience the chain stopping due to a mine being replaced.

https://streamable.com/7why3q this is with Tremor Rod and Efficient Explosives.

https://streamable.com/6pl1ic this is without either.

I'm not sure if there are supposed to be mines left on the top one? The issue with sequences stopping seems to be related to throwing out new mines as you start a sequence.

Is that something that can/will be fixed? Throwing out new mines cancelling sequences, I mean.

Did somebody else also notice the difference in the unreservation of mana while they chain?

Without tremord rod for every mine exploding you get reservation back. With tremor rod it seems like it happens nearly at once and only after a lot of mines already chained.

Could this result in the mines not chaining? Because then this could be a result of the Reservation changes in 3.14?
Could it be that as soon as the sequence explodes a REARMED mine it cannot continue to explode NON-REARMED mines?
"
However there is a difference between how well mines chain, and this is mostly related to the cast time of the skill the mine uses. A mine placed with Tremor Rod won't rearm until it has cast its skill.

This is exactly what people have been complaining about

"

Pyroclast Mine, with a cast time of 0.18 seconds... This is why it chains better with Tremor Rod, the mines rearm much faster to be ready to chain again.

...you'd need ~280% increased cast speed to lower the cast time of Blazing Salvo to 0.18 to match the cast time of Pyroclast Mine.

What people have been complaining about it's the fact that such an investment into cast speed was not necessary previously to this patch and personally I was not able to find any notes in regards to such a change... Could you please quote such a note? Because people would not waste their time in something that has been changed to not work as it used to, if only they knew it was changed.

All we ask for it's more clarity and communication, to avoid frustrating moments like this one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info