Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

"
V3n05 wrote:
Nah. It's too easy to just not play the game because it's become too difficult for these people. They need to feel like they're just as important in the influence of the game as the streamers, so they take to Reddit and they take to the forums to voice their complaints and their need to boycott.....

Had to cut down the post as it was too bloaty.

I think the game being too difficult is an entirely different statement from it not being enjoyable. I myself quit 4 days after launch of this league, still waiting for them to give us back the QoL options we had prior to this patch.

Making the game more difficult could have been achieved in several ways without the gameplay feeling worse. (my opinion)

Look at the goatmen, the change to them made them definitely more lethal and challenging /unless you ran temp chains slowing down their leapslam lol
- but with the flask change they chose to make the leveling part (the thing we did 200times or so before, which for me at least feels like the league start tedium I want to get over with ASAP, way more sluggish. Worse flasks with less charges and nerfed mobility gems.

Act 1, the imo MOST DIFFICULT ACT with one of the strongest bosses (cold damage and stuns) I mean sure. I can deal with that rather easily, worst case just get like 1-2more levels.
The decision to change the difficulty of powerlevel wise the hardest act, which already is the first thing a new player sees, I cannot fathom. Why would the tutorial be harder than 90% of the story?

If it had just stopped at bloating the time spent finishing the story, I would have been able to cope with it.

But then they touched the ailments.... oh boy that is big. I am fine with not being ailment immune and the "challenge" of having to time my immunities using flasks, if they had made a proper approach of them not having 100% uptime.

But giving the flasks those weird threshholds which a lot of the time accomplish nothing makes them feel super awkward. Using a "heat" just to be freezelocked a second later in a +cold damage enviroment or against certain mob types just feels terrible.

Another approach would have been to leave the flasks outside of their charge rate untouched or giving them a cooldown. That way you could get those 5 seconds freeze immunity when you really need it, even if you only would have an uptime of a flasks 5 out of 20 seconds it would have been available when you need it while actually doing something.

Flasks right now just feel really BAD, a lot of the allready underperforming skillgems feel nigh unplayable, hell I had so much fun with a spellslinger in 3.11 and now it feels way less enjoyable, whether it has been too strong before or not, making the game feel less enjoyable cannot be the correct approach for a balance change.

If one does not enjoy a game, one should stop playing it. That is the solution I found for myself
Don't tell me to quit when I don't like this patch, I already did. More time to spend on the forums

[url]https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/oywp00/oops_i_guess/[/url]
This by far is the best thing I have seen on reddit during this league.
The irony of not seeing that complaining about people complaining is people complaining. Oh that's real.

The trick to "fighting fire with fire" is figuring out how to expose the initial fire as nothing but another combustible arterial and then reducing it to ash. Fail to do that and you're just strengthening the fire you're trying to fight.

Oh well. I did ask that people not derail; can't do anything more than that.

One more bump in the path, eh.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
The irony of not seeing that complaining about people complaining is people complaining. Oh that's real.

I agree. It is why I try not to complain about people complaining about people complaining. However, I'll make an exception in this case for the amusement value.

I hereby officially complain about V3n05 complaining about people complaining.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"

I agree. It is why I try not to complain about people complaining about people complaining. However, I'll make an exception in this case for the amusement value.

I hereby officially complain about V3n05 complaining about people complaining.

Please tell me I can give you an award for your incredible feat of intelligent originality. Very impressive. Consider me astounded
Creator of Dementophobia

Name, reward, art and flavor text all my idea, very satisfied with outcome
"

The trick to "fighting fire with fire" is figuring out how to expose the initial fire as nothing but another combustible arterial and then reducing it to ash. Fail to do that and you're just strengthening the fire you're trying to fight.

Oh well. I did ask that people not derail; can't do anything more than that.

One more bump in the path, eh.
Can I complain about that?
Ah please, let me complain about that...

Also; I would like to complain about "bumps in the road". :)

On topic:

I would very much like to not boycot GGG and spend a moderate amount of cash on my favourite game once in a while.
However, looking at the abrupt changes in direction lately it just does not sit right with me.

Personally don't mind the nerfs/changes too much and am enjoying the new league so far. The thing is that I do not know what to expect next. That is what's making me not very inclined to support them at this time.

Just my thoughts; to each their own; etc etc
That's an interesting way of putting it. Would I *like* to support GGG and PoE? Sure. I'd love to. I definitely enjoyed it in the past. The feeling that I was helping an earnest game developer take a mighty swing at the deeply entrenched belief that all f2p was p2w trash was pretty damn good. Some serious fuzzies for sure.

But that GGG no longer exists, so I can't support it. And the one that does, well...it's kinda the bad guy now. Not in the illegal or even morally compromised sense -- I don't see Wilson stepping down over the misconduct of his employees any time soon. But if that swing I mentioned was the signature move of the good guys, then the current GGG has lost the ability or inclination to use it...although even now the game is about as non p2w as f2p can get, it's sort of something worse: it's promote to win.

Promote To Win.

A new kind of p2w.

And it encourages some of the more reprehensible behaviour prevalent in companies that stop seeing players as customers but instead as products. As beans to be collected by their salesmen-by-proxy. Behaviour like...oh, I don't know... priority service access...

In a way I almost find p2w more palatable. Far more people can tap a pay to win system than a promote to win one.

...man, what a grotesque thought.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 5, 2021, 3:26:10 AM
Amen :D
Streamer RNG confirmed. Well known streamer farmed an Oni Goroshi in 7.5 hours and not exactly being efficient (kept killing beach trash)… most of the time it takes much longer than that.

Must be nice.
"
Act 1, the imo MOST DIFFICULT ACT with one of the strongest bosses (cold damage and stuns) I mean sure. I can deal with that rather easily, worst case just get like 1-2more levels.
The decision to change the difficulty of powerlevel wise the hardest act, which already is the first thing a new player sees, I cannot fathom. Why would the tutorial be harder than 90% of the story?

Act 1 is only the hardest Act for you because you know what you’re doing in terms of builds and efficiency. To a new player who doesn’t, it’s pretty obvious that even in the current state, the game would get progressively harder the more they level and invest in suboptimal points/gear. This is more representative of a brand new player experience.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfSWYPXd9prVxf5v_DoqtIQ
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/snoobae85

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info