Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

cmon its not that bad... just nerf to dps and rework flask so why so hate?
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

There's an even a better reason to boycott.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

There's an even a better reason to boycott.

It is just a reason to not play the game if you don't enjoy it anymore not to boycott.

That's always teh same: not having fun playing? Just don't play. Simple.
Nah. It's too easy to just not play the game because it's become too difficult for these people. They need to feel like they're just as important in the influence of the game as the streamers, so they take to Reddit and they take to the forums to voice their complaints and their need to boycott, as well as even going as far as making a thread saying their goodbye to PoE. Like seriously, are you so self aware that you need a damn thread to say you are quitting the game? It's just sad at that point. I can understand somewhat you wanna complain about the changes and talk about how it makes the game not as easy, (I'd argue on the whole fun thing because I like many others still find it fun), but to claim it's not as easy, well yes, of course it's not because there's something called powercreep and GGG are trying to slow it down and bring it in line before PoE 2.

The issue here comes along with making a damn thread saying you're leaving the game, or boycotting the company that makes the game. That is just borderline sad and pathetic. You don't like the game after the nerf, give your two cents, and leave if you wanna leave, don't leave if you don't wanna leave. That's all there is to it. The fact that there needs to be a thread 30+ pages long of people saying goodbye, or a 72 page thread about people wanting to boycott the company, has me so shocked at how spoiled the community was up until this point. That's all there is to it. The PoE community for the most part was so spoiled with such an easy game, that the moment their toys are taken away, they decide to cry.
Creator of Dementophobia

Name, reward, art and flavor text all my idea, very satisfied with outcome
Spoiler
"
V3n05 wrote:
Nah. It's too easy to just not play the game because it's become too difficult for these people. They need to feel like they're just as important in the influence of the game as the streamers, so they take to Reddit and they take to the forums to voice their complaints and their need to boycott, as well as even going as far as making a thread saying their goodbye to PoE. Like seriously, are you so self aware that you need a damn thread to say you are quitting the game? It's just sad at that point. I can understand somewhat you wanna complain about the changes and talk about how it makes the game not as easy, (I'd argue on the whole fun thing because I like many others still find it fun), but to claim it's not as easy, well yes, of course it's not because there's something called powercreep and GGG are trying to slow it down and bring it in line before PoE 2.

The issue here comes along with making a damn thread saying you're leaving the game, or boycotting the company that makes the game. That is just borderline sad and pathetic. You don't like the game after the nerf, give your two cents, and leave if you wanna leave, don't leave if you don't wanna leave. That's all there is to it. The fact that there needs to be a thread 30+ pages long of people saying goodbye, or a 72 page thread about people wanting to boycott the company, has me so shocked at how spoiled the community was up until this point. That's all there is to it. The PoE community for the most part was so spoiled with such an easy game, that the moment their toys are taken away, they decide to cry.

So what is the point for the feedback section on this forum to be exist if they just rage quit ? They telling what they think about the game and that is not wrong in any case. You like the current state of the game? Go ahead play it. Why bother with them here and get more stress ?
You just bump this thread to the top again anyway.
"
heoco115 wrote:

So what is the point for the feedback section on this forum to be exist if they just rage quit ? They telling what they think about the game and that is not wrong in any case. You like the current state of the game? Go ahead play it. Why bother with them here and get more stress ?

Clearly you didn't read an inch of what I wrote. I said if they wanna complain, that's perfectly fine. I don't have any issues with the players complaining about the changes, and saying the game is harder and having constructive conversations about it all. Being all sorts of butthurt like GGG insulted their great great ancestors with 3.15 or being so salty to the point that they need to boycott GGG or making a thread with them feeling the need to say goodbye is just pointless. You don't like the changes, go ahead and complain about it and/or leave the game.

Like you really didn't bother reading my comment at all did you
Creator of Dementophobia

"
V3n05 wrote:
"
heoco115 wrote:

Clearly you didn't read an inch of what I wrote. I said if they wanna complain, that's perfectly fine. I don't have any issues with the players complaining about the changes, and saying the game is harder and having constructive conversations about it all. Being all sorts of butthurt like GGG insulted their great great ancestors with 3.15 or being so salty to the point that they need to boycott GGG or making a thread with them feeling the need to say goodbye is just pointless. You don't like the changes, go ahead and complain about it and/or leave the game.

Like you really didn't bother reading my comment at all did you

Speaking of, did you read the OP? It seems like you're talking to multiple sets of people at the same time - people "quitting" over 3.15 direction, people who make threads about quitting, and people "boycotting" over streamer priority. Why? One of those things is not like the other, and I believe you'd see that if you read the first few pages.

--

I gave feedback on D3 for months but eventually it became clear that they were making the game they wanted to make, not the one I wished they would make. So I left. We have posters who have been here for 5+ years not playing the game endlessly talking about all the mistakes being made. Those are the folks that have transcended feedback to have become something else.
I would appreciate people not trying to derail this thread by making it about game balance decisions. While there is some tangential connection between an increase pandering to popular streamers and shifts in game balance I think it irrelevant to discuss here unless it can be directly connected to a known and verifiable move by GGG to give streamers an advantage over so called regular players. I do not see anything in 3.15 to indicate that was the intention.

Equally it is inappropriate to post here that anyone is choosing not to support GGG because of said balance or design changes.

There are plenty of other spaces on these boards for that sort of discussion.

Thank you in advance.

__

Getting back to that earlier analogy regarding a particularly unpleasant fellating, this is why I cannot play PoE ever again. No matter how good it gets, no matter how hard they try to recapture that ole closed beta magic, I would be unable to forget who owns the game, and what the people owned by those who own the game have done to make their dues. It was hard enough when you'd get regularly "first" global notifications early into a league, but how could one possibly forget now? Even just seeing Twilight Strand would remind me that certain PoE users who make GGG plenty of money were given access to that area well before others...for no reason I'd consider acceptable.

I try hard to divorce problematic creator and their profound creations -- I'm a recovering literary academic -- but in this case, creator and creation are almost impossible to separate. Partly because it's the only thing the creator has done, but mostly because the creation was so profound because of how praiseworthy the creators were. PoE *is* its ethical deviation from most f2p games, even now. GGG are nothing without PoE. That's pretty much their decision and it's one they're doubling down on by making PoE "2" out of the creaky planks of PoE "1". Tarnish GGG and you tarnish PoE.

This is, of course, assuming a person ever cared about that relationship to begin with. If a person's only concern is the delivery of the game, well that's fine. GGG exists merely to facilitate that for such people. But if PoE represents more than just that, and I imagine this is so for those who were around to watch it defy the odds despite being so gosh darned ethical, then it has to matter, this breach of trust. And the weird non apology that followed it. And the fact that we don't know what else that decision might presage.

Forgive if you must or can, but don't forget. It's when you forget that they know they can get away with it again.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 1, 2021, 4:57:57 AM
"
V3n05 wrote:

I don't have any issues with the players complaining about the changes

Your recent post history would say otherwise, you seem to be doing nothing else other than complain about people complaining about the changes these days, quite a few threads i've seen you in now doing this.
Last edited by Thehealyhealy on Aug 1, 2021, 5:34:27 PM
I'm complaining about people saying the same shit and threatening to leave. No one gives a flying fuck about you wanting to leave. Threatening to leave the game ain't gonna do shit. Just leave. Complaining just for the sake of complaining won't do shit. Having constructive conversations might get somewhere
Creator of Dementophobia

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info