Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

"
V3n05 wrote:
This is the most pointless thread in the history of ever. Legit, it was just one league launch, they learned their lesson, and they fixed the situation for the following league. Why is everyone so butthurt that one league GGG gave streamers priority? Let it go, let this thread die. Everyone is so upset that streamers were given priority, and rightfully so, but that shit is over. Let it die like Hillock

Well if and i say IF a game did give or does give some players game advantages its very disturbing!
"
V3n05 wrote:
Let it go, let this thread die. Everyone is so upset that streamers were given priority, and rightfully so, but that shit is over. Let it die like Hillock

Is it over? Whats going on with that rival stuff now? They are adding more and more on that pile.
"
argoniashawks wrote:
"
V3n05 wrote:
This is the most pointless thread in the history of ever. Legit, it was just one league launch, they learned their lesson, and they fixed the situation for the following league. Why is everyone so butthurt that one league GGG gave streamers priority? Let it go, let this thread die. Everyone is so upset that streamers were given priority, and rightfully so, but that shit is over. Let it die like Hillock

Well if and i say IF a game did give or does give some players game advantages its very disturbing!

They are not players, they are PAID to ADVERTISE the game. Of course they will give them advantages to show the game in a good light, this is common practice in teh videogame industry.

Streamers are not players like you and me, not even close.
"
argoniashawks wrote:
"
V3n05 wrote:

And guess what? It was one leaguestart, and that's it. The issue is over and they haven't given them priority again after Ultimatum because they realized the mistake. Exactly why this thread is pointless because they learned from it and moved on. Why can't the players do the same?
Creator of Dementophobia

Name, reward, art and flavor text all my idea, very satisfied with outcome
"
V3n05 wrote:
"
argoniashawks wrote:
"
V3n05 wrote:

And guess what? It was one leaguestart, and that's it. The issue is over and they haven't given them priority again after Ultimatum because they realized the mistake. Exactly why this thread is pointless because they learned from it and moved on. Why can't the players do the same?

If they had to make the mistake to realize it, perhaps their vision is also a mistake...
`Spent 2 mirrors on my build, but I'm only Level 98.` LOL
`From just quick sweep of your characters, toxic rain, golems .. sure, non meta... sure.` LOL
"
LiMA6 wrote:

If they had to make the mistake to realize it, perhaps their vision is also a mistake...

No you're right, because no video game company has ever made a mistake before GGG right? At least with GGG, they've fixed their mistake and didn't give streamer prio a second time around. Like, if you wanna hark on mistakes of the past, I'm sure you're no proof of perfection yourself.
Creator of Dementophobia

Name, reward, art and flavor text all my idea, very satisfied with outcome
"
Of course they will give them advantages to show the game in a good light, this is common practice in teh videogame industry.

Streamers are not players like you and me, not even close.

I would like it to not be common practice here.
Saying "let this thread die like Hillock" on a thread made by the guy who turned serial killing Hillock into a national pastime in Wraeclast is pretty funny. Heh.

I don't believe this issue arose with this launch mainly because this launch didn't have the same conditions. To my knowledge they didn't promise 2 hours of unhindered play to a paid streamer regardless of server traffic. And as noted by others, the changes wrought by 3.15 resulted in a lower launch figure and much quicker dropoff in player concurrency. Might be related, might not. Maybe GGG really did improve their server capacity to prevent a repeat. Dunno, dun care.

As someone else so aptly noted, if they had to take such drastic measures with the former release to realise their vision, maybe the vision is the problem. I'd go one further there and point out that we can pretend that GGG's vision is obscure or mysterious but we can't pretend the grand debut of PoE on the big stage was one of player exploitation as a resource of unlimited funding: how we can get people to play this game forever. You can read this as "how we can provide such a great game that players won't want to stop" but I'd like to believe we are none of us quite that naive. Not now.

And if players are now merely seen as a resource rather than the audience for whom GGG want to make the best PoE possible, then paid streamers have to be considered as their own thing. Of course "paid" is sort of murky; every successful streamer gets paid, that's the business. I don't mean anything as vulgar as straight up paying them to play; I mean anyone who makes money primarily from getting others to watch, play and support PoE. Once GGG identify that quality in a streamer they stop being a mere player with a twitch channel and become a potential source of knock-on revenue.

I think it equally naive to believe that GGG wouldn't capitalise on that in any way they can within their own ethical framework.

The point is that I think that framework is far more fragile than GGG would have people believe, and any damage dealt to it should not be forgotten. It is, after all, pretty much why so many of us started supporting GGG in the first place. I think there are less admirable reasons to stop than in seeing that delicate ethical position is struggling against the demands of being a world player in an inherently compromised industry, ie free to play gaming.

But as I also said: if you still enjoy Poe and like the mtxes, purchase them all you want. That's for your benefit. Just don't automatically support them now under the impression they're the same company as then. Truly they are not.

And sure, maybe I'm the only one who feels this way and I'm projecting my own ongoing shock that the devs I supported so passionately now work for a company that can make blithe decisions that grind against everything I thought those Devs stood for...but as others have pointed out, you don't reach 70 pages of discussion if you're the only one to feel a certain way.

Just because I shit posts doesn't mean I shitpost. ^_^
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Saying "let this thread die like Hillock" on a thread made by the guy who turned serial killing Hillock into a national pastime in Wraeclast is pretty funny. Heh.

I don't believe this issue arose with this launch mainly because this launch didn't have the same conditions. To my knowledge they didn't promise 2 hours of unhindered play to a paid streamer regardless of server traffic. And as noted by others, the changes wrought by 3.15 resulted in a lower launch figure and much quicker dropoff in player concurrency. Might be related, might not. Maybe GGG really did improve their server capacity to prevent a repeat. Dunno, dun care.

As someone else so aptly noted, if they had to take such drastic measures with the former release to realise their vision, maybe the vision is the problem. I'd go one further there and point out that we can pretend that GGG's vision is obscure or mysterious but we can't pretend the grand debut of PoE on the big stage was one of player exploitation as a resource of unlimited funding: how we can get people to play this game forever. You can read this as "how we can provide such a great game that players won't want to stop" but I'd like to believe we are none of us quite that naive. Not now.

And if players are now merely seen as a resource rather than the audience for whom GGG want to make the best PoE possible, then paid streamers have to be considered as their own thing. Of course "paid" is sort of murky; every successful streamer gets paid, that's the business. I don't mean anything as vulgar as straight up paying them to play; I mean anyone who makes money primarily from getting others to watch, play and support PoE. Once GGG identify that quality in a streamer they stop being a mere player with a twitch channel and become a potential source of knock-on revenue.

I think it equally naive to believe that GGG wouldn't capitalise on that in any way they can within their own ethical framework.

The point is that I think that framework is far more fragile than GGG would have people believe, and any damage dealt to it should not be forgotten. It is, after all, pretty much why so many of us started supporting GGG in the first place. I think there are less admirable reasons to stop than in seeing that delicate ethical position is struggling against the demands of being a world player in an inherently compromised industry, ie free to play gaming.

But as I also said: if you still enjoy Poe and like the mtxes, purchase them all you want. That's for your benefit. Just don't automatically support them now under the impression they're the same company as then. Truly they are not.

And sure, maybe I'm the only one who feels this way and I'm projecting my own ongoing shock that the devs I supported so passionately now work for a company that can make blithe decisions that grind against everything I thought those Devs stood for...but as others have pointed out, you don't reach 70 pages of discussion if you're the only one to feel a certain way.

Just because I shit posts doesn't mean I shitpost. ^_^

Really don't know what you're on about regarding the "fragility of the framework" and that people won't forget damage dealt. People already forgot that the cmnpany was bought by Tencent (more ignoring it completely tbh) and peopel already had forgotten this non-issue before some salty zoomer bumped it for no reason.

In the meantime there a lot worse happening than a freaking priority queue in other companies that I don't even need to name. GGG, so far, has been quite an outstanding company when it comes to common practices found in the industry and if people wnat to get on a soapbox to cry to the world how bad this company is, let them do it.

Any adult with one once of commoin sense knows that this is much ado for nothing reaslly.
Indeed. Let us do it.

Thanks for the unrequested but always welcome permission and encouragement. :)

I will ignore the various implications that anyone who considers this a serious issue is not an adult with common sense. If that is how someone feels, so be it. Not a nice thing to say but I'm glad we have a platform where the majority of people are welcome to say not nice things about others as long as it's in service of relatively constructive criticism.

Have a lovely day.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info