Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

"
aaresmi wrote:
I fully agree with the opinions previously expressed by exiles. If they manipulate the input queue, what other things are they manipulating in favor of the streamers? For my part, the supported packs are over and I'm going to stop following the streamers that I follow

can't blame the streamers. They didnt ask for privilege. Some rejected it once they found privileged queuing to be the case such as ziz. GGG is at fault trying to save their marketing dollars and putting money above fairness/competitiveness. Some streamers were dicks about it...ones i never watched...maybe should unfollow them
Git R Dun!
"
You are, you now know, a 'literal pile of money' in their eyes. They will choose that pile of money over you. If not in the same way again, in some other way. This was, I hope, proof of that.

That is all.

I was hoping this game would never come to this, naïve of me no doubt.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Let me just point out that I didn't call for this sort of action once, not once, in all this time. Not even when GGG sold out to Tencent. That was just business, and it was good business. My stance was, somewhat echoing what I was told, 'keep supporting if you love this game because that's how to ensure it remains GGG's baby and not Tencent's cash grab' -- and when they said nothing would change, I mostly believed it.

GGG's Streamer favoritism has little linkage to Tencent, if at all. It is more intertwined with GGG's integrated identity and ideology. Everyone know they are guilty of it long ago. GGG didn't openly flaunt it, until now.
And you know what else stinks? THIS, from the apology/explanation:

"
Instead of offering viewers something to watch while they waited, it offended all of our players who were eager to get into the game and weren't able to, while instead having to watch others enjoy that freedom.

In which universe is taunting people with what they can't have by very obviously giving it to the very elite few who always seem to get what they want 'offering viewers something to watch'? I mean, I assume Exiles are perfectly adept at watching/doing something else while the server almost inevitably shits the bed on launch day. They've probably been able to self-entertain without PoE for most of their lives.

I cannot fathom the mindset that would ever consider this an 'offering' -- but y'know, plenty of people have flat-out said something along the lines of, 'well at least I had something to watch while waiting' so maybe they're just that attuned to falling back on watching their favourite game when they can't play it...even when it's 100% obvious that those very people you're happily watching jumped the very queue you are stuck in. That's...I'm sorry, that's a pretty impressive feat of mental acrobatics.

I'm dead sure this was a horrible, awful day at the office. One of the worst, maybe. I probably seem heartless, but this is just business now. And what they did, what they decided to do, should cost them business. Because their fear of losing business made them betray and belittle you.

"
DoubleU wrote:
"
You are, you now know, a 'literal pile of money' in their eyes. They will choose that pile of money over you. If not in the same way again, in some other way. This was, I hope, proof of that.

That is all.

I was hoping this game would never come to this, naïve of me no doubt.

The GF was incredulous at my incredulity. Seems she made her peace with where this game was going long before me. Why would I bring her up? Because you guys have no idea how much she's suffered due to my various roles with this game. The rants she's endured. The late nights of me doing just this. The difficulty I've had negotiating GGG's shift from what was to what is and what likely will be. Trust me, friend, I was just as naïve.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 17, 2021, 9:24:51 AM
agreed op.
"
awesome999 wrote:
"
Let me just point out that I didn't call for this sort of action once, not once, in all this time. Not even when GGG sold out to Tencent. That was just business, and it was good business. My stance was, somewhat echoing what I was told, 'keep supporting if you love this game because that's how to ensure it remains GGG's baby and not Tencent's cash grab' -- and when they said nothing would change, I mostly believed it.

GGG's Streamer favoritism has little linkage to Tencent, if at all. It is more intertwined with GGG's integrated identity and ideology. Everyone know they are guilty of it long ago. GGG didn't openly flaunt it, until now.

They didnt exactly flaunt it...i'd feel better if they were open about it but instead had no choice but to apologize for it once a massive trove of evidence was coming in of preferential treatment. They were hoping it went like a normal league start where tens of thousands get in...tens of thousands of others wait and the streamer privileged would be chalked up to RNG if even mentioned. Only when that didnt happen they were caught red handed and had to make a mea culpa.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
awesome999 wrote:
"

They didnt exactly flaunt it...i'd feel better if they were open about it but instead had no choice but to apologize for it once a massive trove of evidence was coming in of preferential treatment. They were hoping it went like a normal league start where tens of thousands get in...tens of thousands of others wait and the streamer privileged would be chalked up to RNG if even mentioned. Only when that didnt happen they were caught red handed and had to make a mea culpa.

I generally assumed or believed they had done this before. It become a serious issue when their streamers showcased it to all their players and lots of people knew it and saw it, it destroy people's idea of fairness and legality. They are assumming the consequences of their preferential treatment is not as serious or even acceptable and permissible behaviour for GGG. Flaunting is the selectedly correct expression.
Dont buy any mtx guyz
"
tmmhmm wrote:
Cry babies. This has been the worst launch yet.. Some may not have the professional experience to be able to articulate issues and report them back accurately or have the connection or Rig.

Do you honestly want to spend hours online rebooting????

Think about it... You are on Tech support.. If you perform this job IRL it sucks.. Now you want to complain b/c someone else has to do it?? No, I'm not in Tech support.

STFU!!

Stop it, White knight it is shameful !!!
Yeah planing not to spend any more money on this game in the future
Last edited by Arcturus_Blake on Apr 17, 2021, 10:54:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info