Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

"
Jerle wrote:
All roads lead to Rome? All the beloved and much respected game studios I've known now seem to be pale shadow of their former selves.

cant say better!

delve bosses was fail and now AGAIN same mistake... trialmaster? WHERE? maybe GGG forgot add him yet?

also this BAD conditions challenge kills ALL FUN and ruin it for some builds that cant do some conditions... WTF?
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
$78 million US$ in player revenue in 2020 is a big number. Call it $20 million US$ per league. If the average ticket per transaction is $20 US$, then they have a million transactions every 90 days or so; over 300,000 per month. 10,000 per day. Of course those are straight averages and their actual revenue stream would likely be skewed towards the first half of each league period.

The actual average ticket is unknown to us, so if you raise or lower it, you will move the transactions per day/month number around too. If the average ticket is $40 US$, then the number of transactions is halved and it will take fewer people not buying to be noticed.

You also have to keep in mind that spending points is not revenue. It is just moving numbers around on the balance sheet from the liabilities to equities. It only counts as revenue when they get new money from your bank account. That makes me think that the average ticket is probably higher than $20 and closer to $50.

Player created div cards will push the average up even more.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on May 15, 2021, 9:15:08 PM
I suppose the efficacy of this thread would be a bigger deal to me if it weren't one of the easiest I've ever made and to which I've attended.

Curious to see Jerle's sentiments blow up on the reddit though. A lot of responses basically amounting to implicit +1s for what we've said here.

A week from now this thread's message will still be relevant and true.

And a month from now.

And a year is just twelve months.

As an owner of a famous ass once said, "I can do this all day".

Thankfully I don't have to. Once or twice suffices.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 15, 2021, 2:09:00 AM
Pretty good write up

It's funny because Chris/GGG have always wanted a level playing field for new leagues. This entire priority thing is a complete opposite of that
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on May 15, 2021, 5:35:33 AM
"
girng wrote:
Pretty good write up

It's funny because Chris/GGG have always wanted a level playing field for new leagues. This entire priority thing is a complete opposite of that

The racing and competitive esport is the invention of the so called deity of POE. Why would The gaming world be in the control of the evil deity? GGG did become just another company which puts profits over player enjoyment. Many are now dedicated GGG worshippers and devoted zealot. People are telling me if GGG do what they tell them to do they'll let the evil deity freely rule over the fantasy world.

"Save POE!", the peasantry shouted. No no no. I tell them, it matter not. This land is Corrupted and it will soon spread. Flee and escape, my good man. For it is really the only good solution.

Hey I guess i'm pretty H&S core gamer,
It's cool to see this topic,
I got banned last year even tho I always played the game with honor, my registration date was during beta and yet, I got no message of any sort to thank me.
they claim me to do RMT (without proof and I swear the accusation is false) tho my name account name was *djellabah and accuse me of complotism tho the foreign-sounding could be a strong factor.
See ya boys
I just stopped the support. I don’t spend another cent here. And I regret what I spent. Not even that league I was able to play. I was disgusted with what this game became after tencent.
No regrets ever. You make best decision with information at hand. lookin back iz like asking for superpowers to look into future. Just dont buy another

My grandfather says you cant always make right decisions but you can make a wrong decision right. Same deal.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 15, 2021, 5:59:18 PM
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
Streamer privilege finally removed BUT what about Streamer RNG???? when Streamer rng will be removed?

GGG likes add extra loot and good planned rng while gives other shitty rng and nolucky drop/craft

Yeah this seems very unfair.
"
ivqancorp wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
Streamer privilege finally removed BUT what about Streamer RNG???? when Streamer rng will be removed?

GGG likes add extra loot and good planned rng while gives other shitty rng and nolucky drop/craft

Yeah this seems very unfair.

About as unfair as you ignoring mentions of your giveaway.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info