Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

"
Sadaukar wrote:
yeah, that's exactly what I said. It's boring to watch if u don't play it urself :)
Maybe I wrote it somewhat confusing, but u have to play PoE to enjoy the streams is what I meant, not that PoE is overall boring to watch and sure some ppl will watch any streamer play anything just for the personality, but that doesn't make those ppl interested in the game I think.

Right. Well I've edited my post since your response but this is why it's important to note that when big streamers change games they retain some portion of their core viewerbase. Those viewers will watch them for their personality pretty much no matter what.
"
Sadaukar wrote:

But from a viewers perspective, I don't really watch PoE streams for the gameplay, bcz most of the time its very repetitive. I'm watching bcz I wanna know what build he's playing, how a certain builds works or what items he's using ect. Without that I would imagine it would be a damn boring experience.

edited myself, so repost :D

anyway we're kinda derailing the OP, so I'm shutting it.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Apr 24, 2021, 1:11:06 PM
"
Rexeos wrote:
ps: if you still dont get messages, give a try and read Nietzche Beyond Good and Evil. First 30 pages should be enough.

If poor old Nietzsche had known how many cheap kitchen philosophers and leet kiddies would try to coopt him for their essentially misanthrophic and/or ill-considered views, he would probably have become a musician...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
All things considered, and given —say— Wagner's music exploitation by certain... parties, I don't think that's that would've been a good idea.
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
Last edited by Nizhidrhamannit on Apr 24, 2021, 3:09:50 PM
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
ps: if you still dont get messages, give a try and read Nietzche Beyond Good and Evil. First 30 pages should be enough.

If poor old Nietzsche had known how many cheap kitchen philosophers and leet kiddies would try to coopt him for their essentially misanthrophic and/or ill-considered views, he would probably have become a musician...

Yes, you definetely should read it. Its indisputably not only for you.
Last edited by Rexeos on Apr 24, 2021, 5:04:30 PM
Please note that I never said merely that outside streaming, even paid for, is bad. Expanding user base is good, especially when user means potential supporter. But I did say that it is doomed to fail if you are out of touch with what the larger outside base wants or likes. Please do go have a look what sort of games that paid streamer usually plays and then consider how in the world anyone thought he could be paid to promote Path of Exile. They're mostly fps and moba, and mostly quite slick and polished. And someone at GGG thought it'd be a good idea to expose PoE to people used to the likes of LoL, Valorant and modern day shooters? Forcing it down the throats of viewers accustomed to watching top tier modern play for two whole hours? Said streamer might like the game (this seems to be the case) but I still think it's a bridge too far. At least Kripp went from one ARPG to another when GGG courted him. This time there seemed very little overlap. Like trying to market soccer to baseball fans just because they both use balls.

Combine that with the strange hubris of attempting it on launch day and you just have two very mystifying decisions. Very.

And yeah, they did it with your support money.

What a monumental waste. Completely avoidable....or so one might think. GGG has kept strange bedfellows, which is odd given PoE's war has mostly been against itself.

Nietzsche aside, or 'How to derail a topic with a hammer'
I read two copies of TSZ to death until I realised it's impossible to interpret how much of his seductive writing is infected by his sister's very unpleasant little agenda. But this thread? Sure, it is done out of love, so perhaps it does take place beyond good and evil -- or maybe I am just another fly in the marketplace. Oh, and don't forget to dance at least once a day. :)

Edit: removed erroneous claims that said streamer was vocally critical of PoE. Mea culpa.

edit 2: I'm actually watching the stream video now. Funniest moment so far: 'We're going to power through these connection issues'. Yeah, sure you did, buddy. 'I'm just going to restart the game' he says when the stream screen is conspicuously black. Oh boy. Second funniest moment: 'how do I turn off chat?'

edit 3: okay, skipped about both the paid stream and the ensuing 10+ hours said streamer kept going. That he'd play well past the paid mark *is* a win for GGG but watching the chat, it was mostly divided between people telling him what to do (exasperated existing players) and confused queries as to why he wasn't playing this game or that, why a D3 'ripoff', etc. Which is all to say, it seems the most positive response came from the already converted. Oh, and PLENTY of jibber-jabber about streamer privilege, as expected. And predictable friction whenever he'd mention it's free to play, because stash tabs and all that.

Conclusion: definitely wouldn't call it a resounding marketing success, but obviously only GGG know that for sure. The streamer fell under PoE's spell but only so far for the short term -- I don't see it replacing their usual FPS schedule (they were back to that a few days later). But here's the problem: if I'm wrong and it was a success, then you can expect more such paid and unpaid streamer privileging in the future -- and if you're really lucky, GGG will be up-front and honest about it this time. Apparently it's easier to accept being screwed over and treated like cattle-class when they tell you beforehand. :)
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 25, 2021, 1:03:49 AM
Do you guys not have phones/ nets/ streamer privilege?

Would be funny if the D4 devs use this opportunity to make fun of GGG in their game like GGG did with blizzard's pr blunder some time ago by having Einhar say those lines.

"
johnKeys wrote:
@Snorkle_uk, it may have been a mistake and a bad call in a stressful moment, but the "infrastructure" to make that bad call work - was there. On purpose.

What makes me angry is the fact a way to differentiate between a Streamer and a non-Streamer account, exists.
In the main game.

I guess that applies to Charan and others in this thread as well, but I can't speak for them.

In the "old days" it was clear that even Kripp the god of Streamers himself, who got a huge amount of players (including myself) into the game, received no in-game benefits.
And even Charan the guy who spent so much money we may as well call him a GGG Investor and not Supporter, and Cheetah, and other Alpha members/moderators - got no "discounts" in the main game.

Now, at the very least we know a "discount" system for Streamers does exist. And it makes me wonder what else exists.

GGG need to clear the fog from this shit lake.

This is wrong. Kripp did receive an infinite ignore list and was the only account to have that. Maybe that is where this "infrastructure" originated from. That was a form of streamer privilege in a way. I personally had to clear my ignore list at least twice in order to add new people to it. Alas i wasn't a streamer with infinite ignore list.

Preferential treatment isn't as uncommon as you guys think. Even OP might have gotten some preferential treatment in the past in this very forum by devs or the forum police.

Real question though. Why are "call to action" threads not allowed in Reddit but are perfectly fine here?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Preferential treatment isn't as uncommon as you guys think. Even OP might have gotten some preferential treatment in the past in this very forum by devs or the forum police.

In-game? Absolutely not. Forum-wise? Uh, I'm pretty sure I've had more probations than any other 'whale' (let's say, $2k+ contributed over the years). And my latest, haha, yeah, *no one else* would have been probated for what Support felt they had to remove. And that's all I'll say about that, lest they wrangle another excuse to bury this thread by proxy by way of liberal interpretation of the CoC. Moving on...

The only time you could say I received forum preferential treatment might have been when I was a volunteer moderator, but that came with its own responsibilities and is frankly far from relevant to the issue at hand here. We're talking pure game advantage here -- priority access to a server for a competitive mode. It's pretty cut-and-dry. I can guarantee I've never received any in-game boosts or preferential treatment from GGG -- they knew I'd happily pay for every stash tab without any sort of cajoling, so why run the risk of giving me preferential treatment? They also knew I gave around about 0.005 shits about my PoE experience from a personal standpoint beyond killing shit for fun. In-game power bores me (again, plenty of other games where my 30k would have been instant in-game divinity). I was playing Endless Ledge before it was ever an official PoE mode. Hell, I've NEVER found my one and only 'lootable' unique in PoE. If they were going to flick any switches to my advantage behind the scenes, I'd figure acquisition of my original sword would be the one to do.

So yeah, no.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Real question though. Why are "call to action" threads not allowed in Reddit but are perfectly fine here?

It doesn't really matter at this point, this thread flopped hard and is currently on life support with only pointless additions to it by the OP and a couple of cronies once it drops into the bottom half on the front page keeping it afloat. Hardly anyone is supporting the message being preached in it, just a few regular forum dwellers who rarely play anymore with a similar long standing grudges against the game to the OP, people who probably wouldn't have supported again ever anyway.
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
Last edited by MarloStanfield on Apr 25, 2021, 12:00:32 PM
"
Spoiler
"
Pyrokar wrote:

It doesn't really matter at this point, this thread flopped hard and is currently on life support with only pointless additions to it by the OP and a couple of cronies once it drops into the bottom half on the front page keeping it afloat. Hardly anyone is supporting the message being preached in it, just a few regular forum dwellers who rarely play anymore with a similar long standing grudges against the game to the OP, people who probably wouldn't have supported again ever anyway.

The wonderful thing about opinions are that they don't need to be true or even accurate in any way for someone to express one.
Like saying the thread flopped and only cronies keep it alive is yours in the same vein as one would say during the final week of a league : game dead no one plays it.
Most of the people regularly active on the forums have had their say, some really good argument for and against can be found in these 30 odd pages of comments but everyday there are more people coming to the forums, some will add their thoughts and others will move on without interacting.

Maybe it is time for a new thread with a similar discussion to help people that refuse to read 300+ opinions in one go, but the opinion of the OP is still very much valid and the reason the discussion has come this far.

I am someone that prefers not to share my opinion publicly in most cases, not because i have nothing to say, but rather because i do not enjoy my words being twisted to mean something they do not.

i have my own mind that i am able to change based on available information and my own personal wants and needs

Cronies Pfff,
<michaeljordan_anditookthatpersonally.jpg>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info