Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
Thread finally got bumped. Is it a thing that if an OP gets banned then their threads don't get bumped anymore?

Yes. It's been in place for a while -- any thread created by a user on probation won't be bumped for the duration of the probation. It's a good automatic system to prevent a troll thread from being bumped, and after the probation expires people have typically moved on. I would argue this isn't a troll thread, but that's neither here nor there. :)
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
You misspelled 'Ruler' there, namikazemaru.

__

I have updated the original post with more recent information, clarifications and provocations (in the academic sense).

"We're very unhappy with it too." -- Sorry to be caught and also a victim.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Hmmm... My Twocents is that, still support GGG.
They need all the money for server maintenance, salary and even electric bill.
The New 2.0 update also signifies that the current money they are making is good and profitable.

No one runs a business in losses.

If you still want to play this game for years, then support it.

This fiasco is very minor compare to what it had achieved so far that brings us enjoyment.
"
Ecion9022 wrote:
The New 2.0 update also signifies that the current money they are making is good and profitable.

This fiasco is very minor compare to what it had achieved so far that brings us enjoyment.

I agree this incident doesn’t completely negate everything that GGG has done. But this is not a minor faux pas.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
"
Jerle wrote:
"
Ecion9022 wrote:

I agree this incident doesn’t completely negate everything that GGG has done. But this is not a minor faux pas.

What if they had privilege, their drop rate is higher.
Does that mean that GGG abandoned their players for them?

I don't know what to say, as I do not know what they are thinking.
But I do not see the case they can abandon the mass of players.
Last edited by Ecion9022 on Apr 22, 2021, 2:11:56 AM
"
Icholas wrote:
"
makarsk1 wrote:
Why was he put on probation, anyway? Wow, an Alpha member run into bad bllod with GGG.

The man has been trolling the GGG forums like it was his part time job for years at this point. No one is surprised.

He spent a ton of money supporting the game and felt entitled to certain things. My guess is that he has buyers remorse.
"
Ecion9022 wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
"
Ecion9022 wrote:

What if they had privilege, they drop rate is higher.
Does that mean that GGG abandoned their players for them.

I don't know what to say, as I do not know what they are thinking.
But I do not see the case they can abandon the mass of players.

Part of "old GGG" business model was the concept of "we appreciate your support and your dedication, and we won't give you any advantage in-game".

Things change over time, but that's a foundation that set GGG apart from other companies who eagerly rank their players based on "worth".

This foundation has now shifted.
I'd argue it shifted earlier than we all think, but this is the first clear evidence that it did.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:

Part of "old GGG" business model was the concept of "we appreciate your support and your dedication, and we won't give you any advantage in-game".

Things change over time, but that's a foundation that set GGG apart from other companies who eagerly rank their players based on "worth".

This foundation has now shifted.
I'd argue it shifted earlier than we all think, but this is the first clear evidence that it did.

Yes, but they are also responsible for their business growth.
Not everything is for free and most of it is not cheap as they say.

Note that aside from making your player happy, they need to keep the stakeholders happy too. This is sometimes the turning point to decide which will have more priority or not.

If GGG loves it players, they will make sure that they won't repeat the same mistake again. As they are also saying that this fiasco was a grave mistake.

Now everyone needs to move on and enjoy the game.
But there's someone who loves drama. Well we all love drama.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Look, I'm not suggesting they nuke the whole thing from orbit...but you do know that's how that one ended up right? Your decision to use that particularly loaded gif was, ironically, probably a bad call in itself.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
GGG made over 50 million $ in 2019, even more in 2020...and now he bans people for trying to make the most profit in game...hmm ironic

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info