Banned for getting free stuff?

The truth is that you don't know what your friend did.
Doesn't matter what you assume or believe. It's also a reason not to interfere in other people's bans and try to defend them. It makes you look like a fool.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
6_din_49 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Might not be familiar with the term "tips" but we us it here in the US to mean an exchange of real money.
In PoE, "tip" means that you pay whatever you want, if you want.

Exactly. Dude was handing out items to get money. RMT.
By "pay" I mean like 1-5 chaos orbs, lol.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Jan 7, 2021, 12:02:52 PM
There are other things you can get banned for besides botting or RMT. He could have been account sharing or using a macro or whatever and the ban happened to coincide with him getting a few exalts.

Just wait for the GGG response.
"friend" probably is himself and he got stuff through RMT on another account and gave to his main account and now he feels a need to play the victim card since he got discovered and banned. How else to do it than a new account in here claiming it was the "friend" this happened to :P

Moving on
Funny that you all think any of this matters. Yell at who ever you want to. Have a great time doing it.

Wont have any effect on the outcome of this.
I used to get tabula or some other leveling gear from my irl friend while he still played poe, if he got to maps before me. And we would give all our curency to each other (depends which quits league first). We did not get banned for that. Although in a vaccum those trades would look kinda suspicious (we don't write anything to each other in game usually, we have discord group for that).

Maybe your friend just got unlucky and the trade looked too strange for the anti RMT system (if there is one).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info