Banned for getting free stuff?

"
illumino941 wrote:
A friend of mine has been playing for a couple of months now, putting hundreds of hours in PoE...

A couple of days ago somebody in our Discord mentioned that he felt generous because of the new year and said whoever writes him first will get a couple of Exalts.

Well, two days later he got his account banned for breaching the ToS. He didn't use a bot. He didn't pay real money for currency or whatever. We were just having fun in this game and a random guy was being nice to him.

What is this?

Can I go out with other characters and randomly trade people I hate, giving them a couple of Exalts for free and get them banned?

Feels an awful lot like SWATing...

I get that GGG needs to be harsh in banning. I don't ever want this game to become as bot ridden as Diablo, but really... that's a bit too harsh, or am I missing something?

(Oh yeah, and obviously this is a trash account, because I'm not even sure if GGG is not just rage banning people and I don't want my account with thousands of hours getting wiped because somebody is having a bad day...)
I'm willing to test this theory. Trade me whatever exalts you have, and we'll see if I get banned. You can get your friends as well, maybe more people giving me free stuff will make me look more suspicious.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Jan 6, 2021, 6:38:26 PM
Let me open an alt by using VPN and give me full aura stacking build and a HH then.....
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-Heist Enjoyer-
Last edited by xPiranha on Jan 6, 2021, 6:54:19 PM
"
illumino941 wrote:
@HanSoloDK
Thanks for the advice. Of course I only created a new account and took no other measures to make sure. And to be honest, if it's somehow a bannable offense to write forum posts about questioning ban politics of a company, then I'll happily move on to another game.

Regarding the appeal: He did appeal. He is still waiting for a response and he has all the chat logs ready. I'm not writing here to get anybody unbanned - especially since I am not mentioning names or are not connected to these accounts in anyway.

The reason why I am writing this is because I think it might be time to rethink the whole system. Maybe give people a temporary ban first, instead of insta-banning them. In that way, people who are not just 24/7 botters have some time to react and get in touch with GGG.

I would assume you would be quite unhappy if you would wake up tomorrow - probably after years (and without botting I hope) - to find your Level 100 char and all others gone because a trade with your friend looked suspicious.

Then why make a new account to post this on. Either be a man or not !! :)

All logs, statements and so on SHOULD already have been sent to GGG in the BAN appeal e-mail. You only get 1 shot here and that's that first (and only) ban appeal mail. They are not going to ask you later on if you have anything to say or not. They either perma ban the account or unban it. That is the answer your friend is getting.
Toxic community, as everybody is kind of already thinking about PoE. Not even going to engage with some of the people here, but hf and gl when you get banned for doing random stuff :)
Hey guys, i'm willing to take one for team and allow you to give me all your exalts/mirror orbs to test if OP is right.
I simply feel like quite the nice person tonight.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
"
CAKE wrote:
Hey guys, i'm willing to take one for team and allow you to give me all your exalts/mirror orbs to test if OP is right.
are you a streamer?
Need more brains, exile?
"
MasterTBC wrote:
"
CAKE wrote:
are you a streamer?
lmao big chance
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
99.999999% of "I got banned for no reason" posts are people complaining they RWT'd or botted and got caught
If it really happened like that, and he's innocent then that sucks big time.

"
illumino941 wrote:

I don't ever want this game to become as bot ridden as Diablo

lmao... Too late, mate :'D
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hynorl/move_along_nothing_to_see_here/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info