CreateShaderResourceViewEx: Wrong Parameter

New league coming in 3 day, any explanation or information @GGG ?
This is not just a win7 problem. I reinstalled my windows to a more recent one - win10 and I have the same issue.

This seems to be a rather common issue in comparison to other recent technical problems based on the scale of this thread and the amount of similar threads, yet I feel like they won't be able to fix it since it's been several days and there has been no comment from GGG.

"We're working on it."

"You guys might need better hardware."

"We're not planing to address this issue anytime in the near future, since we are working on more important things."

Literally just copy paste one of these so we know what's happening.
I really enjoyed Betrayal and this is the first league that seems remotely similar to it so I want to know if I will be able to play on league start or if I need to be looking into buying a new PC.
I do have an old machine. I am actually going to go buy a video card to upgrade to and if I do, I'd rather play other games that I have on hold.

I have over 4000+ hours in this game. I have done at least 12 challenges every league (but I don't really focus on them unless there's an aesthetic I really want, and that was only the Delve wings so far). I am definitely not a bot and I don't play this game to the fullest extent because I know my hardware cannot support some of the final bosses that this game has to offer.

So there may be a lot of "bots" reporting this issue but there are a lot of people affected by this bug after the patch landed.

If there is no action/response before Heist league starts, I just won't play this league and play some other games I have instead.
Staff?
Fighting bots with performance decreases, now I've heard it all I guess. Is it normal for such a troll gang to run around in a technical forum? You'd expect it in a Youtube comment section of some dumb video, but here? Wow...

Anyways. After the "performance patch" I am getting a lot worse performance out of my pc. On my laptop I can't even start the game any more and get this error message instead. The game was running better than ever and then this "performance patch" came along.
"
callanotto wrote:
Is anyone else having this issue?My poe won't start at all since the latest patch...

Hi, If you have this issue download the lastest driver of dirrectx from the Microsoft website then run a dxdiag. In the display tab look for DDI Version, it must be version 11 in order to run the game.

Spoiler
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=35

If you are unable to run the game, search for your graphic card specification to see if it support DirectX11.

Hope this will help.
"
Vins023 wrote:
"
callanotto wrote:
Is anyone else having this issue?My poe won't start at all since the latest patch...

Hi, If you have this issue download the lastest driver of dirrectx from the Microsoft website then run a dxdiag. In the display tab look for DDI Version, it must be version 11 in order to run the game.

Spoiler
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=35

If you are unable to run the game, search for your graphic card specification to see if it support DirectX11.

Hope this will help.

https://ibb.co/99Q9LSf
me too last patch was the cause

Last edited by chealsea on Sep 15, 2020, 11:40:23 PM
"
Br00ksy wrote:
"
Vins023 wrote:
"
callanotto wrote:

CreateShaderResourceViewEx: The parameter is incorrect.

Hey POE guys, I get the above error instantly when I open the game file after today's update. Please do some patching to make the game work. Thanks in Advance.
Last edited by manikandhan on Sep 16, 2020, 12:15:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info