CreateShaderResourceViewEx: Wrong Parameter

returning from a break to poe, i have 3 pc's - before patch all of them were able to run poe,after update, 2 my laptops with win7 64 are insta crashing with this error, only desktop pc with win 10 is able to run poe atm, so this update killed my ability to play from work and i'm really sad about it!
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
I have the same problem. I installed it on the new formatted computer and this is the result
"
RawerPower wrote:

Your card is not DirectX 11 capable, only DirectX 10.1. You probably played with DirectX 11/12 installed but with "Feature Level 10.1".
My presumption in previous posts seems to be confirmed more and more, GGG broke support for Win7/DirectX 10.1 aswell, not only DirectX 9 and Xp/Vista as previously stated.

This might be it, my video card is very old.
If this is intentional Im furious. It happened without any warning. I was close to buying extra tabs for heist (skipped harvest), good I decided to log in for some fun in standard today.

I turbo laugh at people calling others bots in this thread. Not everybody lives in 1st world countries where a good graphics card is cheap, but kids dont understand as they get free stuff from their parents/goverments anyway. Look at when my acc was created before anybody writes something about only botters being mad.
im having the same issue guys, with same error. Had 0 problems before the patch now the same shader error every time. i have windows 7 64 bit with amd 4870 video card.

Please GGG look into this problem, its obvious was the patch since nothing was wrong last league and only started after that big pre-league patch.
Having the same issue as OP, actually, I do have the same Graphic card an ATI Raedon 4800 HD, seems that the game doesn't support dx 10.1 anymore, that's just a preposition, gonna wait till we got an official response.
"
letters13 wrote:
Having the same issue as OP, actually, I do have the same Graphic card an ATI Raedon 4800 HD, seems that the game doesn't support dx 10.1 anymore, that's just a preposition, gonna wait till we got an official response.

There is a guy with a 2070ti with the same problem so i dont think so. My integrated gpu just support till 10.1 too. i dont know we should wait for an official announce
"
Smoth01 wrote:

There is a guy with a 2070ti with the same problem so i dont think so. My integrated gpu just support till 10.1 too. i dont know we should wait for an official announce

I'm pretty sure this guy's problem is related but has a diferent cause, maybe he is running DirectX 11 with 10.1 features, he needs to update DirectX, maybe he has win7, maybe he has some old setting and running POE in Win7 compatibility mode, maybe he doesn't use the GPU but the integrated one and that card doesn't support the "CreateShaderResourceView" DirectX 11.1 function.

Also his problem is easily fixable by switching to the Vulkan renderer that his GPU supports!
It may take forever.
I gave up on Harvest because my particular bug was never fixed. I haven't played PoE in a couple of months. ;-(

Now since the update, I'm getting the "CreateShaderResourceViewEx: The parameter is incorrect"
I was <u>already</u> running DirectX 11, so it's not that.

Any more ideas?

I'm on a Win 7 pc, ATI Radeon HD 4600

Thanks (I hope)
"
Chitaracainz wrote:
running DirectX 11, so it's not that.

Any more ideas?

I'm on a Win 7 pc, ATI Radeon HD 4600

Thanks (I hope)

Sorry, but it is that. You are running DirectX 11 on your system but with 10_1 features. If you Run>DxDiag you will see Direct3D DDI:11, but Features Level:10_1, 10_0,9_3... Also in the Client.txt logs in PoE you will see:

"[D3D11] Runtime version = 11.0
[D3D11] Feature Level = 10.1" or similar.

You both have Win7 and a Directx 10.1 that doesn't support "CreateShaderResourceView" which is a Win8+ and DirectX 11.1 function. According to Google Radeon HD 5000+ series have DirectX 11.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info