CreateShaderResourceViewEx: Wrong Parameter

"
pathfinderz wrote:
Ok success.

Replacing the AMD HD 4800 on his windows 7 machine with a Nvidia GTX 560 allowed him to get into the game and it plays fine now.

So its the lack of dx 11 for sure thats causing this error.

Now we just need to know if they intend to fix it or will everyone with the error have to buy a newer card.

That is the only choice unless they decide to fix it.

Interesting, I have a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon Rx 480 and it's a newer card
"
Br00ksy wrote:
"
pathfinderz wrote:
Ok success.

Replacing the AMD HD 4800 on his windows 7 machine with a Nvidia GTX 560 allowed him to get into the game and it plays fine now.

So its the lack of dx 11 for sure thats causing this error.

Now we just need to know if they intend to fix it or will everyone with the error have to buy a newer card.

That is the only choice unless they decide to fix it.

Interesting, I have a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon Rx 480 and it's a newer card

What does dxdiag report your hardware direct x at? DDI?

I changed my CPU to an i3 that supports DirectX 11 and the game launches now. Still the performance sux for low end PCs, even on an SSD!

Last edited by RawerPower on Sep 23, 2020, 2:47:31 AM
I never saw GGG list the game hardware requirement in the official site (or did i miss it ?)

But in steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/Path_of_Exile/

"

Minimum:
* Processor: x86-compatible 2.6GHz or better
* Memory: 4 GB RAM
* Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 650 Ti or ATI Radeon™ HD 7850 or better
* DirectX: Version 11
* Network: Broadband Internet connection
* Storage: 32 GB available space

epic

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/path-of-exile/home?sessionInvalidated=true

(largely the same)
"
Additional notes
Solid state storage recommended
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature

I Downloadet the game yesterday i run Windows 10 DirecX 12 but i get this crash.
After reading all 16 pages im so sad that GGG dosent give a F about this Problem. They just straight ignoring us i guess.

I was hoping to try out this game on pc after playing on ps4, its ironic because the reason i switcht are the crashes on console...well
bump for relevancy
57.48 MB that can't be finished for me before crashing. A moment ago website went down for maintenance, tried finishing the download, and it downloaded the newly added 8 MB and is now back to 57.48 again
Still no updates from GGG.. very bad support
+
GGG starting to get the bad habits from others games like "blizz",
they wont responding this maybe they wont know what to do or they just want the community to be smaller , very sad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info