[3.25] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
Small input on the staff crafting process.

I've managed to pull off the Harvest route in roughly 32 ex (including the cost of essences, multi-mod, fracture and bases) and would argue with the fracture craft going for 10-11Ex on TFT that's the way to go.

Before deciding to use the fracture method, I used craft of exile simulator to see how tough it would be to do the beast crafting method. I assumed the optimistic price of 30c per beast and I very quickly spent over 3k chaos down the drain. Not sure how much the imprint beast should cost to make this a valid option, given that fracture prefix is 1/3 chance to hit what you want - pretty good odds if you ask me.

I've tried rolling my own base with harvest, but quickly gave up due to how extremely rare the Flaring prefix is. Buying staves on trade and divining them has been a much better option. You can snipe T1 %Phys Maelstrom staff for 40-100c

I've also crafted the base with the harvestcraft method and lucked out with only needing 2 fractures. I think that another thing the harvest method has going for it is time cost. It's way more frustrating to have to run 30+ Craicic Chimerals into the ground trying to get the mods you want. That being said, Getting unlucky on the Fracture path will have more dire consequences since each try is very expensive.

Speaking of frustrating, I've now begun work on my gloves that I stopped for that reason. It takes on average 48 tries of Deafening essences of greed to hit the desired mod on the gloves. Then, assuming you get 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes (I've gotten 1 prefix and 3 suffixes most of the time), it's a 50% chance to succeed the beast craft to remove a suffix and add a prefix. Then, T4 Aisling is another 50% chance to succeed, bringing this down to 25% chance after 2 tries. This means, you'll on average be using 48x4 =192 essences not including unveiling chances. I've been toying with the idea of using an Awakener's orb to put Warlord's influence on the gloves too. While the weighting of block on Warlord's is lower, adding them together gives you higher chance to hit block chance, lowering the essence use of each attempt to 31 tries. This means you'll only be using 124 essences total, saving you 68 essences. At 4c per essence, this saves you 272c. The cost of an Awakener's orb is currently roughly 1.4ex or 179c. While this may be nitpicking for what may be not much currency for some people, I think the time save is worth it, especially if you get unlucky with crafts (especially since I haven't included unveil chance in this). Any thoughts?
"
Small input on the staff crafting process.

I've managed to pull off the Harvest route in roughly 32 ex (including the cost of essences, multi-mod, fracture and bases) and would argue with the fracture craft going for 10-11Ex on TFT that's the way to go.

Before deciding to use the fracture method, I used craft of exile simulator to see how tough it would be to do the beast crafting method. I assumed the optimistic price of 30c per beast and I very quickly spent over 3k chaos down the drain. Not sure how much the imprint beast should cost to make this a valid option, given that fracture prefix is 1/3 chance to hit what you want - pretty good odds if you ask me.

I've tried rolling my own base with harvest, but quickly gave up due to how extremely rare the Flaring prefix is. Buying staves on trade and divining them has been a much better option. You can snipe T1 %Phys Maelstrom staff for 40-100c

Yeah, I would go for harvest too because it requires less work, nice tip!
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
A little cry for help.

I seem to lack a lot of damage. And I'm not sure what is it exactly that I'm missing.

To be more specific:

There is a video in the build guide where Jenno two-taps Cortex boss each phase running the early endgame version of the build. I'm now slowly transitioning into the MinMaxed version and the damage is simply not there.

And I have to confess that I've made the cardinal sin of not following the guide to the letter, instead prioritizing different upgrades at different points in time. So maybe that bites me now, but the thing is that the POB numbers look good. It just doesn't translate into the game at all. I don't expect to one-tap anything at this point, the build still has a long way to go, but I'd at least expect to, don't know, 10-tap conquerors at this point? I feel like I'm getting something fundamentally wrong, but for the life of me cannot figure it out.

Here's my current POB: https://pastebin.com/g99rrrUv

I know what I'm still missing:

1) Good jewels, only got 1 out of 5 at the moment, working on it. This will give a good damage boost, but only whenever I crit.

2) A better amulet. I feel like leaving Phase Run at lvl 1 now, otherwize the gear pressure is too much - I'm losing a lot trying to get to 155 dexterity.

2) T1 Elemental damage with attacks belt - next in line after the jewels

3) My Awakened gems are not yet lvl 20 - working on it

4) Bottled Faith (but that's just burst DPS)

I haven't bothered crafting boots yet, because I wanted to play around with new eldritch implicits, chill immunity is too much to give up and clearing speed feels good to me as is. On top of that, this upgrade does not add any damage, which is what I feel I'm lacking the most at the moment.

I feel like I have to run Increased Critical Strikes support, because otherwize my crit rate is abysmal (75 with flasks up) and non-crits hit like a wet noodle. I do have 20/20 Shockwave support and 5/20 Awakened Fire Penetration, but they don't seem to make any difference. I've been chaining conquerors with different set ups and all of them feel equally bad, even though Awakened Fire Pen and Shockwave show considerably bigger numbers in POB.

I do almost no damage to depth 213 Aul, I cannot kill the Infinite Hunger faster than he fills the arena with mud (I only manage to down him to approx. 50% HP in that time) - and that was a blue invitation! If anyone could give me a few pointers - I'd hugely appreciate that.

I took a look at the POB, your current damage is around the same level as mid-crit level. And I see that the gears upgrades are in-progress. But here are some suggestions, some are specific, some are general.

1. I'm not sure about the purpose arctic armor serves. I tried this skill 2 leagues ago and decided not using it. The freeze immunity can be easily replaced by Brine King pantheon, the chill effect is not as consistent as skitter bot, and the phys reduction isn't as good as investing more armor (more detail later). Simply replacing arctic armor with skitter bot boosts your damage from 9.9 to 11.2M

2. Immortal call is not recommended in this build in recent leagues. I used to run immortal call on this build back when we use transcendence. There are 3 issues with immortal call:

(a) its duration is too short, especially without increased duration support. And it has limited benefit, our phys reduction is already good enough, the only useful benefit is less elemental taken. But given the short duration, it becomes almost non-existent.
(b) it consumes too much mana with linking with CWDT + increased duration. I think your current POB doesn't use increased duration for mana reason. But even that, I'm sure you often experience mana being depleted in-game, which will affect your attack for sure.
(c) most imprtantly, immortal call consumes our endurance charges, which we heavily rely on for not just defense, but also damage. Remember, tectonic slam's AOE depends on those charges, and we also have endurance charge dependent damage increase modes.

I recommend using vaal molten shell, it would make the gameplay much smoother in end-game, and you will get better phys reduction this way than arctic armor + immortal call.

3. Do not overlook burst damage. Improving non-burst damage has limited return comparing with burst damage. Although burst damage only lasts few seconds, if you take a closer look at the cortex video, almost all boss hits are done with burst damage (with totem, all warcries, flasks on). What we should focus on is improving burst damage and make sure boss fights stay within burst phase, not how to improve non-burst damage. This leads to the 4th and final suggestion.

4. About play style. I don't know how well you've mastered the playstyle, but one thing you can do is making sure whenever you hit the boss, try to meet as such of the following conditions as possible

(a) boss is indimidated (through intimidating cry in front of boss)
(b) boss is covered with ash (through infernal cry)
(c) your totem or vaal totem is active (they can apply ignite that will reduce fire res)
(d) you are exerting all 3 warcries(indimidating cry, infernal cry's combust, rallying cry)
(e) you are reasonably close to boss (to apply exposure)
(f) If possible, have flask active
(g) whenever possible, use phase run the correct way (more detail in Q&A)
(h) Endurance charge full ALL TIME. (this is why I don't use immortal call)

These conditions stack up exponentially, a player who meets 3-4 of these conditions can only deal less than half of damage of meeting all these conditions, even with the same gear.

In your next boss fight, see how many of the above conditions are met.

[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Feb 20, 2022, 1:49:12 PM
"
Davoker wrote:
A question, in the version "Early Crit Version" (my current version), in the boots, you put the gem "power charge on critical support", I have little time with the game, but a friend asked me why I put that gem with the other gems that uses the boots in this version of the build, I did not understand what function had the gem with the other linked in the boots.

I did not know how to answer, I just told him that I just put what it says in your guide, there are still many things I do not understand and little by little I'm learning hehe.

Could you explain me what function does that gem do with the rest of the gems in the boots? my friend told me that he didn't see the point of putting that gem there, with the rest of the gems that the boots use, because it is not linked to any attack gem, and that this gem gives "power charge with each critical hit".

Thanks!

Power charge on crit is there to support infernal cry.

Infernal cry is both a warcry and an attack skill. After the warcry, your exerted attack will triger combust on enemy, dealing additional damage.

The combust can also crit. Since our character's crit chance is very high, whenever combust crit on enemy, we have a good chance to gain power charge, further improving our crit chance for all skills.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Feb 20, 2022, 1:54:36 PM
"
Fallman2 wrote:

I've now begun work on my gloves that I stopped for that reason. It takes on average 48 tries of Deafening essences of greed to hit the desired mod on the gloves. Then, assuming you get 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes (I've gotten 1 prefix and 3 suffixes most of the time), it's a 50% chance to succeed the beast craft to remove a suffix and add a prefix. Then, T4 Aisling is another 50% chance to succeed, bringing this down to 25% chance after 2 tries. This means, you'll on average be using 48x4 =192 essences not including unveiling chances. I've been toying with the idea of using an Awakener's orb to put Warlord's influence on the gloves too. While the weighting of block on Warlord's is lower, adding them together gives you higher chance to hit block chance, lowering the essence use of each attempt to 31 tries. This means you'll only be using 124 essences total, saving you 68 essences. At 4c per essence, this saves you 272c. The cost of an Awakener's orb is currently roughly 1.4ex or 179c. While this may be nitpicking for what may be not much currency for some people, I think the time save is worth it, especially if you get unlucky with crafts (especially since I haven't included unveil chance in this). Any thoughts?

I guess you could do a simulation in craft of exile. The results heavily depends on how many prefix/suffix we end up with after the essence.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
Davoker wrote:
A question, in the version "Early Crit Version" (my current version), in the boots, you put the gem "power charge on critical support", I have little time with the game, but a friend asked me why I put that gem with the other gems that uses the boots in this version of the build, I did not understand what function had the gem with the other linked in the boots.

I did not know how to answer, I just told him that I just put what it says in your guide, there are still many things I do not understand and little by little I'm learning hehe.

Could you explain me what function does that gem do with the rest of the gems in the boots? my friend told me that he didn't see the point of putting that gem there, with the rest of the gems that the boots use, because it is not linked to any attack gem, and that this gem gives "power charge with each critical hit".

Thanks!

Power charge on crit is there to support infernal cry.

Infernal cry is both a warcry and an attack skill. After the warcry, your exerted attack will triger combust on enemy, dealing additional damage.

The combust can also crit. Since our character's crit chance is very high, whenever combust crit on enemy, we have a good chance to gain power charge, further improving our crit chance for all skills.
Ok thank you very much, my friend has been playing for 5k hours and didn't know this detail hehe neither did I, so now we're both out of doubt xD thanks!

I'm having a lot of fun with the build, I'm in the early crit version and here you start to notice a lot of damage, I was doing t16 maps with the initial version of 50c, blood, sweat and tears for some bosses with that version xD
What's the advantage of herald of purity ?

the sentinels, without minion support, are very underwhelming and the damage buff is low.

yet the early crit version seems to favorite it over herald of ash, which seems like a much better damage buff.

seems like even one of the banner skills might be a better choice.

"
I took a look at the POB, your current damage is around the same level as mid-crit level. And I see that the gears upgrades are in-progress. But here are some suggestions, some are specific, some are general.

1. I'm not sure about the purpose arctic armor serves. I tried this skill 2 leagues ago and decided not using it. The freeze immunity can be easily replaced by Brine King pantheon, the chill effect is not as consistent as skitter bot, and the phys reduction isn't as good as investing more armor (more detail later). Simply replacing arctic armor with skitter bot boosts your damage from 9.9 to 11.2M

2. Immortal call is not recommended in this build in recent leagues. I used to run immortal call on this build back when we use transcendence. There are 3 issues with immortal call:

(a) its duration is too short, especially without increased duration support. And it has limited benefit, our phys reduction is already good enough, the only useful benefit is less elemental taken. But given the short duration, it becomes almost non-existent.
(b) it consumes too much mana with linking with CWDT + increased duration. I think your current POB doesn't use increased duration for mana reason. But even that, I'm sure you often experience mana being depleted in-game, which will affect your attack for sure.
(c) most imprtantly, immortal call consumes our endurance charges, which we heavily rely on for not just defense, but also damage. Remember, tectonic slam's AOE depends on those charges, and we also have endurance charge dependent damage increase modes.

I recommend using vaal molten shell, it would make the gameplay much smoother in end-game, and you will get better phys reduction this way than arctic armor + immortal call.

3. Do not overlook burst damage. Improving non-burst damage has limited return comparing with burst damage. Although burst damage only lasts few seconds, if you take a closer look at the cortex video, almost all boss hits are done with burst damage (with totem, all warcries, flasks on). What we should focus on is improving burst damage and make sure boss fights stay within burst phase, not how to improve non-burst damage. This leads to the 4th and final suggestion.

4. About play style. I don't know how well you've mastered the playstyle, but one thing you can do is making sure whenever you hit the boss, try to meet as such of the following conditions as possible

(a) boss is indimidated (through intimidating cry in front of boss)
(b) boss is covered with ash (through infernal cry)
(c) your totem or vaal totem is active (they can apply ignite that will reduce fire res)
(d) you are exerting all 3 warcries(indimidating cry, infernal cry's combust, rallying cry)
(e) you are reasonably close to boss (to apply exposure)
(f) If possible, have flask active
(g) whenever possible, use phase run the correct way (more detail in Q&A)
(h) Endurance charge full ALL TIME. (this is why I don't use immortal call)

These conditions stack up exponentially, a player who meets 3-4 of these conditions can only deal less than half of damage of meeting all these conditions, even with the same gear.

In your next boss fight, see how many of the above conditions are met.

Thank you, Jenno, for taking your time to take a look at my character!

1. Arctic Armour was there just for the freeze immunity that allowed me to start using Soul of Solaris which I grew to love very much on my other characters. Brine King doesn't add any value on top of the Freeze immunity, so I was looking for a way out.

Using the arctic armour had some positive side-effects: it's a 25% reservation aura, so I had a lot more free mana and the additional phys reduction while stationary seemed nice on paper.

I've swapped back to Skitterbots now upon reading your post to see how it feels. One thing I noticed instantly is that I should be a lot more careful with my mana now. Spam-refreshing totems drains me immediately :)

2. Mana was not an issue, since I've been using Arctic Armour with it. And I had to drop increased duration support mainly due to running out of sockets. I still cannot decide whether the 5/6-linked totems are worth it to be honest. Very tempted to leave them in a 3-link: Ancestral Warchief - Multiple Totems - Combust, would alleviate some of the socket pressure.

I do agree that the duration is kind of short, but seemed to serve me well enough given how easy it is to generate charges. That being said, while it's unnoticeable in maps (whenever Immortal Call went off, I always tried to immediately glance over at my charge counter - I was always at 5-7 charges), I think I unknowingly suffered a lot from it in boss fights, where the charge generation is not so quick.

I've swapped back to Molten Shell now. Although still on CWDT for now. A personal preference, I don't like LMB guard skills. In this particular case it seems to have interfered sometimes with Phase run? Not sure if that's even possible, but surely felt like it.

3 and 4. I do have to work a bit on my rotations. The Phase run trick was very easy to learn and it's like second nature now, but the Rallying cry throws me off every time.

I should probably pay more attention to the distance to the boss when I use Infernal/Intimidating cries. Looking back, I usually do this in DPS downtime windows, where I dodge some attacks and oftentimes end up further away from the boss.

I also wasn't sure why you had "Intimidated" checked in POB - I thought it was due to Awakened Melee Physical Damage support 10% chance, because the in-game description of the cry does not even hint at the fact that it intimidates. I checked the wiki now and god was I stupid :D

Thank you for the tips, seems like my experiments did not end well, but at least I learned something :)
as per Jenno's recommendation i dropped CWDT and went back to keeping the endurance charges.

things do seem to be better in that configuration.

i just ran a pretty long sequence of yellow maps, and did better than i usually do. i don't have the phase run trick figured out yet, but even just as a speed buff it's quite nice.

however there's no chance i can use all the skills needed, i can't get those control key skills do work due to the awkward fingering. so i have the totems on a key and basically have to skip rallying cry. since i can't use it i need to figure out if there's something i can use in place of it.

one thing that could make this work. ctrl-mouse-click ! that i could do. i'll just wait for GGG to make that change to the UI. lol

p.s. i think i may have answered my own question. that small HoP gives a small amount of increased damage, but i thing the point is to get additional allies for rallying cry. well, if i don't have rallying cry, then...

also, if you DO have phase run figured out, then as Jenno was saying during phase run the enemy will probably target the sentinels.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Feb 20, 2022, 4:00:21 PM
Help. I hit t1 phys multi with the phys essence, should I just sell this and start over? Or can I somehow rework it a bit to fit the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info