[3.25] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

First of all I wanna say TY!
I'am enjoing the power and playstyle of this build. But the most important thing to stress out imho is the way Jenno is calmly answering all questions offends and other things in a friendly and competent manner ... Admirable!

Now my question:
How much crit chance main hand should I have unbuffed in hideout, to reach 100% fully buffed (Power Charge, Diamond flask...)?
Cause I'am confused, that the jewels all have crit multi but not in crit chance...

Thx for answers
Last edited by ogli on Feb 23, 2022, 8:15:40 AM
"
Fallman2 wrote:
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

I guess you could do a simulation in craft of exile. The results heavily depends on how many prefix/suffix we end up with after the essence.

Well after now trying to craft the gloves for 2 days and over 50ex spent on absolutely nothing, I can confirm that you do hit T1 block chance much more consistently when you have both influences on the item. This also saves you alot because the chance of unveiling the correct mod seems to be less than 50% since you will hit the chaos version half the time and there's a chance to get neither version of crit chance even when blocking the more common unveiled mods. I suppose this is the cost of minmaxing in the end but these gloves have taken more than twice the amount of time and currency as the weapon. The added Warlord's influence also actually lets you hit Melee damage again on the prefix if you're lucky. I managed to hit it once before promptly failing the T4 Aisling veil even when crafting 2 metamods to increase my chances.

I've also gone ahead and crafted the ring so that I can use the 6link on my weapon. Since you will need some resistances on the ring, it's probably advisable to prepare multiple Elemental Weakness rings and Crit multi unset rings. I used 3 attempts of Awakener's orbs before settling with T3 all res on the suffix. Something I'd like to suggest is the use of the veiled chaos orb. In the guide, it is suggested to use Suffixes cannot be changed and T4 aisling. If you use a veiled chaos orb here instead, it is likely that you will hit just the veiled prefix. It is also acceptable to hit 1 non veiled prefix and the veiled prefix. this saves you the cost of T4 aisling which may be more expensive and has the added benefit of getting rid of the other prefixes already present. You may also want to include that it is optimal to block mana before unveiling since that blocks a large chunk of mods from being unveiled. Lastly, leo slam for the last prefix before changing the craft to less mana cost of non channel spells.

Edit: I forgot to ask but how should one go about making the Flammability ring? It seems much harder to hit. My first thought was to buy a ring with 32% flammability and 1 decent resistance suffix as well as an open suffix. Then, craft Suffixes cannot be changed and reforge crit, pray for T1. Then proceed as usual.

You could simply use awakened orb to get crit multi and flammability. This should be the easiest way.

You can also buy existing rings and reforge crit. or whenever you encounter harvest, simply use reforge caster on warlord unset ring to hit the flammability with decent resistance. It shouldn’t be that rare.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
rajonrondo wrote:
3. Some players suggested using Forbidden flesh and flame with War Bringer ascendancy node, and noticed a big damage boost. I personally haven't tried them this league, but this is something worth considering in 3.17

Okay, so before I lightly criticize this build, I have to point out how amazing this build is, it seriously is one of the best, if not the best builds ive come across, everything is so well thought out and anytime I looked to improve the build or gems, I really had a hard time doing so.

I wanted to point something out and I could be totally wrong, but I think it's important to note that second wind per POB is adding about 20% more damage to the 50ex build because of how the build calculates the uptime of intimidating cry, when in reality if the build is played optimally (hitting every 2 seconds), there wouldn't be any downtime with the current setup. Now, this is important because most gems add a significant amount of actual damage to the build, the lowest is around 8% or so (excluding flame dash) so having the maximum number of effective gems possible is extremely important.

My suggestion is three-fold, 1) add in War Bringer 2) swap out 4 passives for the warcry node with deep breaths with the mastery for warcry minimum power, and 3) swap second wind with Berserk. War bringer has increased damage, attack speed, and movement speed pretty much guaranteed with this setup, you also get 50% more damage from exerted attacks and lastly, beserk adds even more damage for free effectively.

I will just show what it would look like with this setup:

1) Totem / Vaal Totem

2) Rallying Cry - 20 rage

3) Infernal Cry - 40/50 rage (depending on if it connects or not)

4) Intimidating Cry - 30/40 rage (war bringer procs 50% more damage)

5) Berserk

6) Tectonic Slam

7) Phase run

This combo effectively means that you have 20% more dmg from berserk, 50% more damage on the exerted attacks, and then you get increased damage and attack speed of around 30-40% and 15-20% respectively.

The cost of these jewels is also really cheap in comparison to the amount of damage they add, and the opportunity cost isn't really high at all, you can even shift a few nodes around for the cost of life that you lose from the jewels (12-14%), spending 2 points to get about the same amount of life, but you get a massive chunk of damage, which is huge. It adds about 30% in total (once you factor in rage). The current cost is around 1 ex per piece, I got mine for a bit cheaper, but 2ex for the total is just crazy to me, i honestly think this jewel should be more expensive.

I want to make one more point about the warcry passives with Deep breaths, technically it isn't needed for this build to work, as all you would have to do otherwise is simply warcry a total of 2 times in range of the boss, but it does give additional clear speed and more consistency in the event that you aren't close enough to the boss. I think it is worth the investment, it also adds quite a bit of phantom sheet damage, but in this case it's fine because it doesn't count the minimum 10 power in the total, which honestly is a massive QOL and a significant damage buff on its own. If, however, you want to minimax this build even further then you would want to avoid going deep breaths and min power and instead just pick more real damage nodes.

One last thing is that this setup does take an additional button, but if you weapon swap the auras and simply have a good layout, its not bad at all, it just takes a bit of getting used to.

Let me know if I went wrong anywhere, as again I could totally be off base here.

Than you so much for the suggestion!

Regarding the correct way to measure damage ( not considering downtime), you can go to POB config and set warcry calculation mode as max. Then the tectonic slam damage is the damage we deal per slam.

Regarding comments about warbringer and berserk, I will definitely take note of them and try them later. Seems like a really good way to sustain rage.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
"
ogli wrote:
First of all I wanna say TY!
I'am enjoing the power and playstyle of this build. But the most important thing to stress out imho is the way Jenno is calmly answering all questions offends and other things in a friendly and competent manner ... Admirable!

Now my question:
How much crit chance main hand should I have unbuffed in hideout, to reach 100% fully buffed (Power Charge, Diamond flask...)?
Cause I'am confused, that the jewels all have crit multi but not in crit chance...

Thx for answers

Glad you enjoy the build!

regarding crit chance in hide out, this should be done in POB. First make sure the fully buffed crit chance in POB is 100%, then use that setup as guideline to upgrade gears. You can overcap the fully buffed chance by 5% to allow for some extra wiggle room.

This league we need to have some extra crit chance than previous league due to the absence of assassin’s mark
I'm a full on newb when it comes to crafting. I'm trying to follow your guide for crafting the staff, but I don't really understand. I did manage a harvest phys roll to find T1 Increased Phys Damage, which came along with a T1 Crit roll. Is there anything I can do to continue with this?

I don't understand at all how you can fracture something, I don't see it on the craft of exile emulator (Where I was trying to learn) Based on google too, it seems like its just Random, so if you fracture the wrong thing, you would lose the base and have to find a new base?

Any pros out there that can lead me in the right direction?
"
Tripz123 wrote:
I'm a full on newb when it comes to crafting. I'm trying to follow your guide for crafting the staff, but I don't really understand. I did manage a harvest phys roll to find T1 Increased Phys Damage, which came along with a T1 Crit roll. Is there anything I can do to continue with this?

I don't understand at all how you can fracture something, I don't see it on the craft of exile emulator (Where I was trying to learn) Based on google too, it seems like its just Random, so if you fracture the wrong thing, you would lose the base and have to find a new base?

Hi, I'm not the creator of the build but maybe I can help?
I was in a similar situation as you where I rolled really good mods while trying to self-craft a staff.

Some things to know:
- An item in POE can have a maximum of 6 "Explicit" mods in total, 3 "Prefixes" and 3 "Suffixes".
See image below:

- Fracturing items is done through "Harvest" crafing, is RNG heavy, and can get very expensive. Depending on fracture craft you pick it can cost anywhere from 9ex to 17ex. (As of 2022/02/23)
See image below for current harvest fracture options:

- Do not take my word as the "final" verdict on anything, always double check, always get a second opinion, always practice in Craft of Exile.

- You can "Fracture" an item in Craft of Exile by right clicking a mod in the "Calculator" tab. I'm unsure how to Fracture a mod in the emulator.

On to crafting, the goal of the crafting method is to end up with 1 prefix & at least 1 empty suffix on the item through using "Deafening Essence of Contempt", either through pure RNG or annulling off extra mods with "Orb of Annulment".

This is all so we can use our crafting bench to craft "Can have up to 3 crafted modifiers" (this mod in itself is a suffix) and still have room for the two mods we want to craft to finish the item (Hits can't be evaded, and flat phys; these are both prefixes.)

Looking at your item there are few options that I can think of off hand, but ultimately it's up to you to decide what is worth the risk.

Note:
I haven't checked how much better it is if you roll flat phys outright or %phys outright, it DOES cost 1ex to bench craft "(100-129)% increased Physical Damage", but it only costs 4c for "Adds (18-24) to (36-42) Physical Damage".

Complete the staff, but chance to brick annul method
(50% chance to remove cold damage, 50% chance to brick)
- Since we want to keep the T1 Crit Chance when we annul, we craft "Suffixes Cannot be Changed" This brings our chance of annuling Cold Damage from 25% to 50%.
- If you annul "Suffixes Cannot be Changed", craft it back on and try again. (I think this essentially turns it into a 50/50 since we can infinitely craft this back on)
- If you annul off T1 Physical Damage then the weapon is dead.
- If you annul off Cold Damage then we can proceed.
- Bench craft "Remove crafted mods"
- Bench craft "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers"
- Bench craft "Adds 18-24 to 36-42 Physical Damage" (do not craft a lower tiered one by accident!)
- Bench craft "Hits can't be evaded"

Just add flat phys and call it a day
- Bench craft "Adds 18-24 to 36-42 Physical Damage" (do not craft a lower tiered one by accident!)
- Unsure of the demand for these staves, but it will have around 558 pDPS which can potentially sell for 6-10ex
- You will NOT have room for "Hits can't be evaded".

Yolo Annul (cheapest but risky)

- Use "Orb of Annulment"
If you annul off Cold Damage... 25% chance
- Bench craft "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers"
- Bench craft "Hits can't be evaded"
If you annul off Attack speed... 25% chance
- Go again, use "Orb of Annulment" and hopefully Annul cold damage.
If you Annul off phys or crit
- bricked.

These are not the only routes, but I haven't explored other options so I hope this at least gives some ideas. There might be a case for using beast crafts somewhere in here but I'm unsure.
Last edited by LengaJenga on Feb 23, 2022, 6:49:50 PM
@LengaJenga - Thanks so much for this write up. I appreciate you! I will consider these options. I think the option you have with the 50% annul chance seems like a nice cheap option if I don't brick, lol
"
Tripz123 wrote:

Hi, to answer the part on fracturing, if you miss T1 phys with the fracture and hit something else, you do need to prepare a new base. This is because imprints cannot be used on fractured items. The easiest way to prepare a new base for me was to buy a 6 linked staff and alt spam for Merciless. Then, find or buy the "Upgrade an item from magic to rare adding 4 modifiers" harvestcraft. Change the number of modifiers as you need. I personally went for 1/3 prefix fractures which were more expensive but hada higher chance of hitting Merciless. Make sure you divine Merciless before fracturing.

The suggestions by Jenga looks pretty correct. I think you might want to lock your suffixes before annulling. It's pretty risky to try to not hit T1 crit or phys with the annul but there isn't any way to prevent it fully as far as I can tell.
So as far as I can see in PoB there are some easy options to increase dmg further if there aren't any insane (3 x multi) rare Jewels socketed yet.
Forbidden Flame/Flesh combo for
-Arohongui (enemies near totems take 16% inc phys & fire) [cheap]
-Flawless Savagery (flat phys, multi, crit chance) [meduim]
-Aspect of Carnage (40% more dmg, take 10% inc dmg) [very expensive]

War bringer was talked about aswell but I have not looked into that one really. Once I have the build setup I might just swap some around and try it out. I am still very new to warcries, exerted attacks and rage since I mostly play bow/spell builds.

Is there is usefull way to slot a mageblood into the build for bosses?
With alchemist prefix and effect orb enchant the crit can be boosted even higher. In addition to that some nice defensive bonuses with more armor.
But I can't see a way to put in more magic utility flask instead of some of the uniques since they all give really big dmg. Any suggestions?
Hi guys, i feel like my build isn't working properly, it takes too long to kill boss and i often die, i'm transitioning to early end game build and i'm trying to level to 95. This is my second league so i'm probably missing something or doing something wrong. Would you mind checking my PoB and tell me if it's a play style problem or a build problem and if possible how to solve it.
https://pastebin.com/d37DXnmx

A question i wanted to ask is: What type of league mechanics or type of content do you think this build excels? Someone said delve feels great, and this is true you can clear the route so fast and feels satisfying, but if you go for side paths and fractured walls, it's a mess, you already need to press a lot of buttons and now you also need flares and dynamite while being fast in the dark, i tried it and was too muuch for me, might be because I'm a noob. So I'm curious what you guys think about the league mechanics or content for this build.

Having said that I'm really enjoying the build and I'm glad I found this post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info