[3.25] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
plasticeyes wrote:
What's the advantage of herald of purity ?

the sentinels, without minion support, are very underwhelming and the damage buff is low.

yet the early crit version seems to favorite it over herald of ash, which seems like a much better damage buff.

seems like even one of the banner skills might be a better choice.

Herald of purity gives more damage boost than herald of ash in all budget levels.

Besides the damage itself, purity can distract mobs/boss so that they hit the minions instead of us. This works even better with phase run to enter stealth mode.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
LengaJenga wrote:
Help. I hit t1 phys multi with the phys essence, should I just sell this and start over? Or can I somehow rework it a bit to fit the build?

that's pretty insane luck! Not sure how much this staff will sell, because of the prefix. But you have 1/3 chance to make it a 50ex worth end-game weapon.

You could either fracture the prefix directly (1/3 chance to hit merciless, but if it hits essence, it's not too bad either)

Or you could yolo it with annulment orb, if it removed the fire mod then congrats!
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

I guess you could do a simulation in craft of exile. The results heavily depends on how many prefix/suffix we end up with after the essence.

Well after now trying to craft the gloves for 2 days and over 50ex spent on absolutely nothing, I can confirm that you do hit T1 block chance much more consistently when you have both influences on the item. This also saves you alot because the chance of unveiling the correct mod seems to be less than 50% since you will hit the chaos version half the time and there's a chance to get neither version of crit chance even when blocking the more common unveiled mods. I suppose this is the cost of minmaxing in the end but these gloves have taken more than twice the amount of time and currency as the weapon. The added Warlord's influence also actually lets you hit Melee damage again on the prefix if you're lucky. I managed to hit it once before promptly failing the T4 Aisling veil even when crafting 2 metamods to increase my chances.

I've also gone ahead and crafted the ring so that I can use the 6link on my weapon. Since you will need some resistances on the ring, it's probably advisable to prepare multiple Elemental Weakness rings and Crit multi unset rings. I used 3 attempts of Awakener's orbs before settling with T3 all res on the suffix. Something I'd like to suggest is the use of the veiled chaos orb. In the guide, it is suggested to use Suffixes cannot be changed and T4 aisling. If you use a veiled chaos orb here instead, it is likely that you will hit just the veiled prefix. It is also acceptable to hit 1 non veiled prefix and the veiled prefix. this saves you the cost of T4 aisling which may be more expensive and has the added benefit of getting rid of the other prefixes already present. You may also want to include that it is optimal to block mana before unveiling since that blocks a large chunk of mods from being unveiled. Lastly, leo slam for the last prefix before changing the craft to less mana cost of non channel spells.

Edit: I forgot to ask but how should one go about making the Flammability ring? It seems much harder to hit. My first thought was to buy a ring with 32% flammability and 1 decent resistance suffix as well as an open suffix. Then, craft Suffixes cannot be changed and reforge crit, pray for T1. Then proceed as usual.
Last edited by Fallman2 on Feb 21, 2022, 10:20:22 AM
3. Some players suggested using Forbidden flesh and flame with War Bringer ascendancy node, and noticed a big damage boost. I personally haven't tried them this league, but this is something worth considering in 3.17

Okay, so before I lightly criticize this build, I have to point out how amazing this build is, it seriously is one of the best, if not the best builds ive come across, everything is so well thought out and anytime I looked to improve the build or gems, I really had a hard time doing so.

I wanted to point something out and I could be totally wrong, but I think it's important to note that second wind per POB is adding about 20% more damage to the 50ex build because of how the build calculates the uptime of intimidating cry, when in reality if the build is played optimally (hitting every 2 seconds), there wouldn't be any downtime with the current setup. Now, this is important because most gems add a significant amount of actual damage to the build, the lowest is around 8% or so (excluding flame dash) so having the maximum number of effective gems possible is extremely important.

My suggestion is three-fold, 1) add in War Bringer 2) swap out 4 passives for the warcry node with deep breaths with the mastery for warcry minimum power, and 3) swap second wind with Berserk. War bringer has increased damage, attack speed, and movement speed pretty much guaranteed with this setup, you also get 50% more damage from exerted attacks and lastly, beserk adds even more damage for free effectively.

I will just show what it would look like with this setup:

1) Totem / Vaal Totem

2) Rallying Cry - 20 rage

3) Infernal Cry - 40/50 rage (depending on if it connects or not)

4) Intimidating Cry - 30/40 rage (war bringer procs 50% more damage)

5) Berserk

6) Tectonic Slam

7) Phase run

This combo effectively means that you have 20% more dmg from berserk, 50% more damage on the exerted attacks, and then you get increased damage and attack speed of around 30-40% and 15-20% respectively.

The cost of these jewels is also really cheap in comparison to the amount of damage they add, and the opportunity cost isn't really high at all, you can even shift a few nodes around for the cost of life that you lose from the jewels (12-14%), spending 2 points to get about the same amount of life, but you get a massive chunk of damage, which is huge. It adds about 30% in total (once you factor in rage). The current cost is around 1 ex per piece, I got mine for a bit cheaper, but 2ex for the total is just crazy to me, i honestly think this jewel should be more expensive.

I want to make one more point about the warcry passives with Deep breaths, technically it isn't needed for this build to work, as all you would have to do otherwise is simply warcry a total of 2 times in range of the boss, but it does give additional clear speed and more consistency in the event that you aren't close enough to the boss. I think it is worth the investment, it also adds quite a bit of phantom sheet damage, but in this case it's fine because it doesn't count the minimum 10 power in the total, which honestly is a massive QOL and a significant damage buff on its own. If, however, you want to minimax this build even further then you would want to avoid going deep breaths and min power and instead just pick more real damage nodes.

One last thing is that this setup does take an additional button, but if you weapon swap the auras and simply have a good layout, its not bad at all, it just takes a bit of getting used to.

Let me know if I went wrong anywhere, as again I could totally be off base here.

Last edited by rajonrondo on Feb 21, 2022, 4:16:30 PM
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
LengaJenga wrote:
Help. I hit t1 phys multi with the phys essence, should I just sell this and start over? Or can I somehow rework it a bit to fit the build?

that's pretty insane luck! Not sure how much this staff will sell, because of the prefix. But you have 1/3 chance to make it a 50ex worth end-game weapon.

You could either fracture the prefix directly (1/3 chance to hit merciless, but if it hits essence, it's not too bad either)

Or you could yolo it with annulment orb, if it removed the fire mod then congrats!

If you're curious, here's the item mainly "finished".
Hey quick question, about the Tailwind + Elv. Onslaught boots, it doesn't matter which one I sacrifice to awakener's orb the other, right? Like if I happen to have a Two-Toned hunter boots with Tailwind already and want to keep that as the base, I could destroy another pair to apply Elv. Onslaught to it, correct?
"
LengaJenga wrote:

Holy shit nice! Did you yolo annul it?
"
flynnzeke wrote:
Hey quick question, about the Tailwind + Elv. Onslaught boots, it doesn't matter which one I sacrifice to awakener's orb the other, right? Like if I happen to have a Two-Toned hunter boots with Tailwind already and want to keep that as the base, I could destroy another pair to apply Elv. Onslaught to it, correct?

Yep that's correct. Just keep in mind that you might need multiple attempts if you wanna hit a good res roll on the last suffix.
"
flynnzeke wrote:
"
LengaJenga wrote:

Holy shit nice! Did you yolo annul it?

Hah! No not quite, I wish I was brave enough to do that! I recreated all the steps I took in Craft of Exile.

Here is the Craft of Exile emulator import/restore if you want:
https://pastebin.com/WpKsbbUi

Unsure if anyone has said this yet/experimented with it, but I think I found a alternative way of making the "Early End-game" gloves.

Thought process/notes:
- ilvl 80+ Spiked Gloves with Warlord influence is 1ex minimum for the base
- Warlord Exalt is 1ex
- Only downside is blocking all prefixes, so no chance for Warlord melee damage
- Guaranteed either Chance to Block, or Culling Strike
- 80% chance for Chance to Block, 20% chance for Culling Strike when slamming
- If you are targeting Culling Strike you can just sell back the base or successful crafts to recoup some of the costs.
- item level 80 OR 81 is a REQUIREMENT. If the glove is 82+ then there is a chance to slam "+2 to Melee Strike Range", we do not want this.
- ALWAYS practice the crafts in Craft of Exile.

Crafting:
1. get ilvl 80-81 NORMAL/Non-Influenced spiked gloves (do NOT get above ilvl 81)
2. Spam Zeal essence until you get EXACTLY 3 prefixes, 1 suffix (1 suffix will always be attack speed)
- I recommend trying to annul off the extra suffix if you roll 3 prefix 2 suffix.
3. Bench craft "#% chance to Avoid being stunned" (this is to block the unwanted Warlord suffix)
4. Warlord Exalt (guaranteed either attack block, or culling strike)

Example product:

Craft of Exile emulator restore/import:
https://pastebin.com/Ejjz66bp

Last edited by LengaJenga on Feb 22, 2022, 2:40:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info