[3.25] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

I think buying a fractured base is probably best. However buying fractured inc phys will be easily the most expensive. I would recommend finding a fractured suffix like I did. I managed to find this base and lucked into an Essence craft that hit T3 Intelligence and T2 Crit Multiplier. I annul'd the Int away, it was yolo and pure luck.

You might also start the same process, and try to hit >=T4 increased phys, which corresponds with the bench craft. That would also set up a good multi mod of "Hits cannot be evaded" and you choice of suffix (crit multi, attack speed, etc). Either way, an attack speed/crit chance/multi fracture is going to be a ton cheaper than a fractured increased phys mod that is equivalent to or better than the bench craft. The best damage will absolutely come from that T2+ increased phys with Essences or T1 flat phys, but you need incredible luck to hit it.
Hi, I am trying this build, currently working on the early crit version

I cant figure out how you are getting 50% attk and 50% spell block

I am at 50% (57%) attack block
and 26 % spell block

i got same tree nodes, currently lvl 93
Got disintegrator, and also crafted 7% attack damage block on body armour

"
DankMuffins wrote:
I think buying a fractured base is probably best. However buying fractured inc phys will be easily the most expensive. I would recommend finding a fractured suffix like I did. I managed to find this base and lucked into an Essence craft that hit T3 Intelligence and T2 Crit Multiplier. I annul'd the Int away, it was yolo and pure luck.

You might also start the same process, and try to hit >=T4 increased phys, which corresponds with the bench craft. That would also set up a good multi mod of "Hits cannot be evaded" and you choice of suffix (crit multi, attack speed, etc). Either way, an attack speed/crit chance/multi fracture is going to be a ton cheaper than a fractured increased phys mod that is equivalent to or better than the bench craft. The best damage will absolutely come from that T2+ increased phys with Essences or T1 flat phys, but you need incredible luck to hit it.

That's pretty good idea! thanks for sharing
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
Gunthers wrote:
Hi, I am trying this build, currently working on the early crit version

I cant figure out how you are getting 50% attk and 50% spell block

I am at 50% (57%) attack block
and 26 % spell block

i got same tree nodes, currently lvl 93
Got disintegrator, and also crafted 7% attack damage block on body armour

If you go to POB's calculation section, you will see the break-down of block chance. But the short answer is that there are several conditional block chances.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
what exactly is the defensive layering in this build ?

is it simply armor + the staff block chance ?

i'm in t8/t9 maps and this build is pretty squishy. the difference between it and my trapper is amazing since the trapper is a "squishy" shadow and yet can take stuff that kills the chieftain. generally i'm doing a LOT more running around. it simply takes a ton of damage. again this is in t8/t9 maps, so this means things are looking really bad for red maps.

the build

* gets 1-shot quite bit
* suffers very, very badly from any kind of DoT because it has very poor regen
* the war cry regen does NOT save you from dots. if you have bad DoT you'll use up your war cry's and they will be on cool-down and you die.

wondering what i'm missing...

edit: i'm being a bit negative. when the build is working (and it's really dependent on the map mods i suppose) it's just great! lol . my crit chance is still pretty low but i get very satisfying screen clears more often than not. so far it does quite well against bosses.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Feb 20, 2022, 1:10:50 AM
"
plasticeyes wrote:
what exactly is the defensive layering in this build ?

is it simply armor + the staff block chance ?

i'm in t8/t9 maps and this build is pretty squishy. the difference between it and my trapper is amazing since the trapper is a "squishy" shadow and yet can take stuff that kills the chieftain. generally i'm doing a LOT more running around. it simply takes a ton of damage. again this is in t8/t9 maps, so this means things are looking really bad for red maps.

the build

* gets 1-shot quite bit
* suffers very, very badly from any kind of DoT because it has very poor regen
* the war cry regen does NOT save you from dots. if you have bad DoT you'll use up your war cry's and they will be on cool-down and you die.

wondering what i'm missing...

edit: i'm being a bit negative. when the build is working (and it's really dependent on the map mods i suppose) it's just great! lol . my crit chance is still pretty low but i get very satisfying screen clears more often than not. so far it does quite well against bosses.

This is my first league playing this build, but I've played other slams in the past a good bit (Earthshatter, EQ, VGS, Ice Crash). I'm not quite sure I'd call it squishy - if it lacks anything, it's maximum resistances.

The defensive layers are as follows - Armor/Endurance Charges, Enduring Cry (remember this gives you additional ele res and phys mitigation per End charge), Vaal Molten Shell, and Fortify. Getting Fortify on a staff cluster was a big game changer for me. You could run Fortify on hit as Mastery for the Fortify wheel in the Duelist area before you get the Fortify cluster. Though honestly, Alt-spamming for the cluster is probably something you should budget out sooner rather than later (at least I did).

You could, in theory, get Berserk in there as well for another 20% less, but not without War Bringer via the Forbidden Flesh/Flame combo. That will be inconsistent, though.

In addition, you are right on flat regen - we are somewhat reliant on Enduring Cry as well as the 15% regen mastery with other Warcries. My current setup has low 700s hp/sec regen with 6 endurance charges. Degens are kind of rough, but its something you generally just need to "git gud" and position around on builds everywhere unless you explicitly build around it via Pantheon etc. Soul of Shakari helps a lot with poison, Soul of Abberath helps with Burning ground, etc. Alternatively you could spec the Warcry mastery for removing an ailment, but you'll probably need to be more proactive with Enduring Cry then.

By comparison - I never really got one-shot in T8/9 maps. With Disintegrator, you should be one-shotting everything else in normal clearing without much issue. Bosses should pop very easily. I struggled for a little while in mid/late reds (13+), but that was mostly resolved by the time I hit the late 80s and my gear was moving into the mid/late crit stage. I just farmed t10s/11s for a while and felt pretty good. Dunes is a pretty nice layout for this build :).

My own problems with dying these days come with scary damage combinations in T15/16s, especially when you have Maven buffing a boss or Eater of Worlds barrage packs shotgunning you.
Last edited by DankMuffins on Feb 20, 2022, 1:53:57 AM
"
DankMuffins wrote:

The defensive layers are as follows - Armor/Endurance Charges, Enduring Cry (remember this gives you additional ele res and phys mitigation per End charge), Vaal Molten Shell, and Fortify. Getting Fortify on a staff cluster was a big game changer for me. You could run Fortify on hit as Mastery for the Fortify wheel in the Duelist area before you get the Fortify cluster. Though honestly, Alt-spamming for the cluster is probably something you should budget out sooner rather than later (at least I did).

In addition, you are right on flat regen - we are somewhat reliant on Enduring Cry as well as the 15% regen mastery with other Warcries. My current setup has low 700s hp/sec regen with 6 endurance charges. Degens are kind of rough, but its something you generally just need to "git gud" and position around on builds everywhere unless you explicitly build around it via Pantheon etc. Soul of Shakari helps a lot with poison, Soul of Abberath helps with Burning ground, etc. Alternatively you could spec the Warcry mastery for removing an ailment, but you'll probably need to be more proactive with Enduring Cry then.

By comparison - I never really got one-shot in T8/9 maps. With Disintegrator, you should be one-shotting everything else in normal clearing without much issue. Bosses should pop very easily. I struggled for a little while in mid/late reds (13+), but that was mostly resolved by the time I hit the late 80s and my gear was moving into the mid/late crit stage. I just farmed t10s/11s for a while and felt pretty good. Dunes is a pretty nice layout for this build :).

My own problems with dying these days come with scary damage combinations in T15/16s, especially when you have Maven buffing a boss or Eater of Worlds barrage packs shotgunning you.

ok. i don't use enduring cry that much, so i'll need to give that a try, and start being more concious about using it.

you just reminded me of something significant. i'm not using the fortify gem. i used ALL my chromes trying to get 5 reds on my staff (my chest is 4L) and could not. so i've got 4R1B (5L only) and using crit damage for the blue gem.

i'll see if i can figure out how i can get fortify somehow.

also because i'm 5L, do NOT 1-shot everything on the screen. however that's most likely due to the fact that my crit chance is still below 50% (i think). for example, some rituals will kill me because i'm simply not killing things fast enough.

the fact that you could be in red maps in the mid 80s means that i'm missing something very significant in the build play. there's absolutely no way i would survive red maps right now, not a chance...

the interesting thing is that this is the 2nd time i've tried this build. the first time i tried i gave up, because... i died too much, i.e. the exact same problem.

i need to figure this out or i'll just have to abandon it again, and i really don't want to.

edit: thank you for the help !
Last edited by plasticeyes on Feb 20, 2022, 2:03:26 AM
Small input on the staff crafting process.

I've managed to pull off the Harvest route in roughly 32 ex (including the cost of essences, multi-mod, fracture and bases) and would argue with the fracture craft going for 10-11Ex on TFT that's the way to go.

Before deciding to use the fracture method, I used craft of exile simulator to see how tough it would be to do the beast crafting method. I assumed the optimistic price of 30c per beast and I very quickly spent over 3k chaos down the drain. Not sure how much the imprint beast should cost to make this a valid option, given that fracture prefix is 1/3 chance to hit what you want - pretty good odds if you ask me.

I've tried rolling my own base with harvest, but quickly gave up due to how extremely rare the Flaring prefix is. Buying staves on trade and divining them has been a much better option. You can snipe T1 %Phys Maelstrom staff for 40-100c
A little cry for help.

I seem to lack a lot of damage. And I'm not sure what is it exactly that I'm missing.

To be more specific:

There is a video in the build guide where Jenno two-taps Cortex boss each phase running the early endgame version of the build. I'm now slowly transitioning into the MinMaxed version and the damage is simply not there.

And I have to confess that I've made the cardinal sin of not following the guide to the letter, instead prioritizing different upgrades at different points in time. So maybe that bites me now, but the thing is that the POB numbers look good. It just doesn't translate into the game at all. I don't expect to one-tap anything at this point, the build still has a long way to go, but I'd at least expect to, don't know, 10-tap conquerors at this point? I feel like I'm getting something fundamentally wrong, but for the life of me cannot figure it out.

Here's my current POB: https://pastebin.com/g99rrrUv

I know what I'm still missing:

1) Good jewels, only got 1 out of 5 at the moment, working on it. This will give a good damage boost, but only whenever I crit.

2) A better amulet. I feel like leaving Phase Run at lvl 1 now, otherwize the gear pressure is too much - I'm losing a lot trying to get to 155 dexterity.

2) T1 Elemental damage with attacks belt - next in line after the jewels

3) My Awakened gems are not yet lvl 20 - working on it

4) Bottled Faith (but that's just burst DPS)

I haven't bothered crafting boots yet, because I wanted to play around with new eldritch implicits, chill immunity is too much to give up and clearing speed feels good to me as is. On top of that, this upgrade does not add any damage, which is what I feel I'm lacking the most at the moment.

I feel like I have to run Increased Critical Strikes support, because otherwize my crit rate is abysmal (75 with flasks up) and non-crits hit like a wet noodle. I do have 20/20 Shockwave support and 5/20 Awakened Fire Penetration, but they don't seem to make any difference. I've been chaining conquerors with different set ups and all of them feel equally bad, even though Awakened Fire Pen and Shockwave show considerably bigger numbers in POB.

I do almost no damage to depth 213 Aul, I cannot kill the Infinite Hunger faster than he fills the arena with mud (I only manage to down him to approx. 50% HP in that time) - and that was a blue invitation! If anyone could give me a few pointers - I'd hugely appreciate that.
A question, in the version "Early Crit Version" (my current version), in the boots, you put the gem "power charge on critical support", I have little time with the game, but a friend asked me why I put that gem with the other gems that uses the boots in this version of the build, I did not understand what function had the gem with the other linked in the boots.

I did not know how to answer, I just told him that I just put what it says in your guide, there are still many things I do not understand and little by little I'm learning hehe.

Could you explain me what function does that gem do with the rest of the gems in the boots? my friend told me that he didn't see the point of putting that gem there, with the rest of the gems that the boots use, because it is not linked to any attack gem, and that this gem gives "power charge with each critical hit".

Thanks!
Last edited by Davoker on Feb 20, 2022, 10:49:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info