[3.25] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
Interesting weapon choice in early crit serup , care to share your thoughts on using/choosing it jeno ?

Respect

Sure. Here are the things I considered when making the choice:

1. The weapon needs to be a staff to leverage crit nodes.
2. The weapon needs to have good attack block chance (to leverage the 50%/50% block chance keystone)
3. The weapon needs to have good base damage
4. The weapon needs to be accessible by players without major investment

Disintegrator seems to be a option that fits all above descriptions. In addition, because our build has many active skills to use, maintaining siphoning charge is extremely easy, that's additional damage boost.

Also, since our phys reduction is high, taking some minor phys damage per second isn't affecting anything.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Nov 2, 2021, 12:20:47 PM
"
Bzorek wrote:

I am referring to the crit version you posted, not the budget. I know I changed some stuff, but even when playing exactly as your Pob (maybe not exactly with gear, but decent still) the boss damage on conquerors etc. feels very low. Maybe it's just me. But it takes ALOT of slams with the early crit version.

And yes, I do keep totems up ;) I might just be doing something wrong, or overestimate the current setup.

can you share your POB and I can take a look if there's anything major missing.

Also, another important thing is to manage expectation. The build is a progression and the damage will scale as more and more upgrades are made. The current early crit setup deals double the amount of damage of budget build if using it properly, but certainly not at a stage of one-shotting A8 conqueror yet. Just be patient during boss fight.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
Bzorek wrote:

I am referring to the crit version you posted, not the budget. I know I changed some stuff, but even when playing exactly as your Pob (maybe not exactly with gear, but decent still) the boss damage on conquerors etc. feels very low. Maybe it's just me. But it takes ALOT of slams with the early crit version.

And yes, I do keep totems up ;) I might just be doing something wrong, or overestimate the current setup.

can you share your POB and I can take a look if there's anything major missing.

Also, another important thing is to manage expectation. The build is a progression and the damage will scale as more and more upgrades are made. The current early crit setup deals double the amount of damage of budget build if using it properly, but certainly not at a stage of one-shotting A8 conqueror yet. Just be patient during boss fight.

Sure, here is the Pob, haven't done any configuration, you are most likely way better than me at that ;)

https://pastebin.com/9wn5fz6d

You might be right, that it is just an expectation case. ^^ If it is, pls update for endgame soon :P ;)

Thanks for takin your time to check it out tho. It's much appreciated. :)
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
Interesting weapon choice in early crit serup , care to share your thoughts on using/choosing it jeno ?

Respect

Sure. Here are the things I considered when making the choice:

1. The weapon needs to be a staff to leverage crit nodes.
2. The weapon needs to have good attack block chance (to leverage the 50%/50% block chance keystone)
3. The weapon needs to have good base damage
4. The weapon needs to be accessible by players without major investment

Disintegrator seems to be a option that fits all above descriptions. In addition, because our build has many active skills to use, maintaining siphoning charge is extremely easy, that's additional damage boost.

Also, since our phys reduction is high, taking some minor phys damage per second isn't affecting anything.

Excellent reasoning

Great guide btw really detailed

I will make this my second build of the league so i have plenty curency to invest

I love slams i have great experience with earthshatter but never played tectonic slam

Will you make crafting guide for the crafts needed for the build ?

Crafting is only thing i suck in poe

Respect
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
What's the reason for avoiding soul of steel/prismatic skin in the current tree?
Jenno, I noticed that you removed Herald of Ash. Is that exclusive to crit build, or should non-crit also dump it?
Meh, struggling now, still on levelling build at 87, but getting smashed at times in T8-9 yellows.

Suppose I should try and transition to crit build see if it helps the defences.
"
chronicbint wrote:
Meh, struggling now, still on levelling build at 87, but getting smashed at times in T8-9 yellows.

What I did was modify slighty the budget tree to use staves earlier. The damage was pretty close but took part of the staff block nodes.

Going from 100% chance to be hit to 30%+ block was a godsend, I mean just getting the right warstaff base gives you 25% block, thats 25% of all phys damage negated. Block + Armor + Molten Shell just gives you so much defence comparing to the non-staff early tree.
"
valdivia1109 wrote:
"
chronicbint wrote:

What I did was modify slighty the budget tree to use staves earlier. The damage was pretty close but took part of the staff block nodes.

Going from 100% chance to be hit to 30%+ block was a godsend, I mean just getting the right warstaff base gives you 25% block, thats 25% of all phys damage negated. Block + Armor + Molten Shell just gives you so much defence comparing to the non-staff early tree.

Thanks, will try and get myself a staff and tweak the tree a bit.
"
Bzorek wrote:

Sure, here is the Pob, haven't done any configuration, you are most likely way better than me at that ;)

https://pastebin.com/9wn5fz6d

You might be right, that it is just an expectation case. ^^ If it is, pls update for endgame soon :P ;)

Thanks for takin your time to check it out tho. It's much appreciated. :)

your POB looks pretty good. And better than my gear :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info