[3.25] Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-Axe-Crit (FREEZE THE GAME) 100% Crit Rate Full Screen Explosions

"
MrChangg wrote:
Question. How the hell do we run Phys Reflect maps with Leap Slam? lol

You don't. I would just disable or remove the skill gem completely if I absolutely had to run the map. Throw in a flame dash or something.
Hello everyone :)

I've been wanting to share my experience with you for a few days. I'm playing PoE again after a few leagues break and I came across this post which I appreciated the "sharing of experience" aspect rather than a build to follow (I love making my builds or starting from an idea and trying to make it my own). I wanted a skill that fit perfectly with the new features of the league and Ice Crash was perfect for that!

Before giving more details, here is my character on poeninja: https://poe.ninja/builds/settlers/character/MVKrayn/KraynVonSettlers
And my PoB at level 95 (there will be a few changes at level 96) : https://pobb.in/KGAK5MKKhGGk

When I play a character, I not only attach importance to damage and tanking but also to quality of life.
I wanted mobility (including with Temporal Chains), perma onslaught, not to worry about bleed/corrupted blood, elemental weakness, etc..., to be able to do reflect maps (here I just have to switch leap slam + faster attack with dash level 17/23 + second wind 21/20, that's why there are white sockets on the gloves), tank heavy chaos damage, etc... I can run Hatred, Blood and Sand, Autoexertion (I'll come back to it later because I really wanted it to be "useful", not a downside from using the skills manually) and level 21 Precision.
Mana was a challenge but it's not a probleme at all anymore and I spam my skills a lot (we can forget about "no regen" maps but I have no solution for that, no leech maps are fine), I have no problem maintaining my charges, healing, etc... I don't like having big damage numbers on pob only when the stars are aligned, I prefer to be able to count on it almost constantly.
Survival is really the downside of this build, 99% of the time it's amazing until there is a group of overbuffed ranged monsters who fire 50 shots at once and that's a RIP but it's rare and I'm working on it.

Coming back to Autoexertion, combined with Mob Mentality, low cooldown and Warcry Mastery which always gives at least 10 power, this is the reason why the charges don't fade. I continue to use Battlemage's Cry and Enduring Cry manually which I can keep up permanently or when needed (they're a massive healing source with the other mastery) without cooldown or mana issue. I'm missing the "cannot exert travel skills" but it's not that big a deal to be honest with that build (and useless when I play with dash), maybe I'll craft it later.

As you can see nothing in my build is expensive (most pieces are a few div at most), the only expensive part is the weapon which cost me 8 div and was a 17% upgrade from a 2.5 div 6L weapon.

Fortify is a must for me in this build, that's why I removed pulverise for now, but once I'm level 96, pulverise will be coming back without losing fortify (I'll have to switch from helping allira to kill all bandits). I should be tankier with more dps (and still have my 6100 HP).

Here is the level 96 pob : https://pobb.in/oqdAbcCbuJTx (edit : new one without Butchery)

I'm having a blast, did all "basic" content (the feared, etc...) and map level 17 are fine too (but you have to be careful and not be too confident)

I hope this can give you some ideas, you gave me plenty!

PS : I'm French, sorry if some sentences may sound strange.
Last edited by MVKrayn on Aug 8, 2024, 5:43:45 AM
Something that I've added to my character for more survivability is ailment immunity with stormshroud + belt mods to avoid shock. The ignites and shocks were getting frustrating.

missed the 2/3 good mods with my redeemer slam on belt :(

So many upgrades to go but having a great time.
"
Lady_Rarity wrote:
I was enjoying this build into maps until I started doing yellows/red and now I just keep exploding. I feel way too squishy with this and I don't understand how you're cruising.

You are barely following my build guide. Your skill tree is bunk. Sorry but you either follow the paths we are succeeding with or accept that you are doing it your own way and will struggle. I instantly saw tons of damage nodes we do not take at all (wrecking ball, i told you to fix this a week ago) and other things that just make no sense. You have probably almost no crit and freeze nothing. Please follow the guide for your atlas tree. Tons of us have posted them. I even told you this once before and you did not listen.
Here is my latest PoB. I am decimating the entire game. Sitting pretty and focusing on leveling again to add more to the tree later.
No exact Atlas will be the same, our needs can be different based on mods.
This is 100% a power house monster of a skill tree for Ice Crash Juggernaut. I am pretty much done with the character in a build sense. It is all about getting those little things I want to add to the full guide. Chase items like an insane Frostbite curse ring. Double corrupt Abyssus vs Rare helmet. So many things but please, before you adjust your tree, build mine. This way you can reach the level of atlas we all should have for Ice Crash. Then change as needed/preference for more tankiness Vs damage.

LEVEL 95 POB VERY VERY VERY STRONG

https://pobb.in/HDYnFWIERm4m

Added to the very top of front page so everyone can build this at 95. It is by far the best Ice Crash character I have created since Harvest. I am already 2 shotting everything in t16 and below. There is not 1 single skill point that I would change. This guide is to show how to freeze the game. This is exactly that.
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Aug 7, 2024, 9:13:44 PM
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
"
Lady_Rarity wrote:
I was enjoying this build into maps until I started doing yellows/red and now I just keep exploding. I feel way too squishy with this and I don't understand how you're cruising.

You are barely following my build guide. Your skill tree is bunk. Sorry but you either follow the paths we are succeeding with or accept that you are doing it your own way and will struggle. I instantly saw tons of damage nodes we do not take at all (wrecking ball, i told you to fix this a week ago) and other things that just make no sense. You have probably almost no crit and freeze nothing. Please follow the guide for your atlas tree. Tons of us have posted them. I even told you this once before and you did not listen.

This is the first time I've posted in this thread, and the tree you probably looked at is after I've already switched to something else. Before I had, it was followed exactly.

fwiw the build was fun while I played it, I just didn't enjoy the squish.
Last edited by Lady_Rarity on Aug 7, 2024, 9:19:11 PM
Made one big change to our passive tree. Spent 4 hours in PoB today. We drop Butchery because it was not scaling well.

We add Thick Skin nodes now for 25% Life and 20% chance to avoid ele ailments.

This is my level 100 PoB.

https://pobb.in/Q8yFutfNhIxO

Please read front page for further details.
This PoB has been changed, see front page for most updated ones daily.
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Aug 8, 2024, 12:49:07 PM
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
We drop Butchery because it was not scaling well.

Good idea, good bye Butchery !
Why did I want to keep it so much ? :D
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
Made one big change to our passive tree. Spent 4 hours in PoB today. We drop Butchery because it was not scaling well.

You can gain 2 skill points by dropping the 3 small passives above Big Breaths notable and taking the one below the Robust notable.

Last edited by Nizreb915 on Aug 8, 2024, 7:22:53 AM
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
"
HeroEvermore wrote:

You can gain 2 skill points by dropping the 3 small passives above Big Breaths notable and taking the one below the Robust notable.

Great spotting. I've just done this for my tree as well now!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info