-

I can't beat sirus on this character. Think I lost all 12 sirus runs. Last night I did a Simucrum deathless. Shaper deathless. All 4 elders in Mavens deathless.

Every boss or elite I fight just melts. In stage 3 with sirus I damage him so slowly and he touches me I am dead.

I use a corrupted blood jewel, and I put on a few small cluster jewels to get my chaos resist around 40 when I fight him.

Last league I played before this was Delerium. I beat Sirus every time with ease. So Its not like I always struggle on him which confuses me more.

I just ran a 100% delerious t16 map, Kosis spawned on me but I had allot of pods down and died and watched my pods while dead take 90% of his hp and kill him.

I dont understand why my dps melts everything in the game but Sirus in stage 3.

"
basta1982 wrote:
I am currently trying to build a mf-version of the build in standard, but as a raider instead of pathfinder (more speed, pretty good defence etc.). I am already close to finish the setup (still needs to run labs for enchants, some randomizing, perhaps getting t1 speed mods for bow and gloves) and wanted to get some feedback, so i could probably change some stuff before it's finalized.

I've already played quite some toxic rain builds, but obvisously don't know the build as well, as you do, so maybe you can give me some advices for finishing or optimizing the setup before it's too late.

I am trying to be able to run fully juiced delirium-maps, as well as been able to kill all the endgame-bosses easily while having ~120% quantity and ~90% rarity. So i am thinking about running actually two different toxic-rain-6-link-setups: One for bossing (bow) and the other one for clear-speed (body armour) and getting wither with a spell-totem. Second one probably phantasmal? Don't know, if that's a good idea though...

Current version of the setup:

Current version of the passive tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.13.1/AAAABAIBAQBeBS0FtQguDPINjQ-rEvEUdRa_FyYZjhqNIuoj9iSLJT8mlSvnLU0uUy9yMHEwfDIBN9Q6Qj7PQzFKfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1oaWyZbr19wYeJh62KsZ6BrkGyMdO16U3qEeu99dX_7g22ExYd2jX2Nv5uNm7WcApzEnaqjiqXLshm0xbTRtyK95sLswzPDOsgMz3rTb9N-1CPWVNrB3ajjn-Xm6NbtP-2D7g7vevzF_ro=?accountName=basta1982&realm=pc&characterName=Laynja

You have some pretty insane gear already - a lot of the legacy IIQ gear is pretty expensive!

While you should already be able to run low-tier 100% Delirium maps already (T2 towers, for example), a source of Explode could be helpful for Delirium, since the mobs can have a good amounts of life. You probably don't want to swap out your really nice Carcass Jack, so you could consider swapping out a large cluster for one with Unspeakable Gifts or getting it on a Megalomaniac
I am playing on console. I normally play on PC. I have beat Sirus 100+ times on PC. I have yet to kill him on console.

Can anyone help me with ways to improve my character from Sirus last phase. I am not taking any die beams but while following him and dodging for a minute I just am so squishy and die. I melt everything else in the game. Last character I had was a max block cyclone in delerium. Similar investment in gear and I would kill Sirus in last phase less then a minute.

I am getting to last phase deathless and able to stay on sirus for about a minute before each death. Just can't finish him.

I am on console and all my gear is self found and self crafted. I have about 40 exalts siting doing nothing. I would like to farm sirus for some awakening gems. Can't buy any Awakening gems as none for sale last week I checked.

I was thinking about changing somethings around getting Divine Flesh and maxing my chaos out. I would got from 5.2k life to in the lower 4.2k life to do this.

My build really has no issue with anything the game can throw at me besides phase 3 of sirus.

"
I am playing on console. I normally play on PC. I have beat Sirus 100+ times on PC. I have yet to kill him on console.

Can anyone help me with ways to improve my character from Sirus last phase. I am not taking any die beams but while following him and dodging for a minute I just am so squishy and die. I melt everything else in the game. Last character I had was a max block cyclone in delerium. Similar investment in gear and I would kill Sirus in last phase less then a minute.

I am getting to last phase deathless and able to stay on sirus for about a minute before each death. Just can't finish him.

I am on console and all my gear is self found and self crafted. I have about 40 exalts siting doing nothing. I would like to farm sirus for some awakening gems. Can't buy any Awakening gems as none for sale last week I checked.

I was thinking about changing somethings around getting Divine Flesh and maxing my chaos out. I would got from 5.2k life to in the lower 4.2k life to do this.

My build really has no issue with anything the game can throw at me besides phase 3 of sirus.

Your gear mostly looks fine. Sirus phase 3 is largely mechanical - stay close to him, find the right clone quickly if you can, or dash twice during the die beam if you can't find the right clone.

A few minor improvements that might help:

1. Enable show enemies health bars in the options - that helps you find Sirus more quickly
2. Switch to the left-click Immortal Call setup (or the equivalent on console). This lets you have a higher level Immortal Call that procs as long as you're moving, which you'll constantly be doing. Optionally, also get a small cluster jewel with Enduring Composure so you get endurance charges for more damage reduction with Immortal Call (see "3.13 Possible fix for survivability & dmg" in the original post)
3. Make sure your Mana flask is up when he's doing heavily damaging attacks and right before. Sirus's beams can shock for a lot of extra damage
Last edited by arciinus on Mar 18, 2021, 6:32:30 PM
So, I missed the convo, but one way of crafting the bow next league without harvest, and still very strong is

1)alt spam until

a) t2/t1 damage over time multi
b) t2/t1 attack speed

2)Regal

3)annul the new mod UNLESS:
a) its either one of those two mods
b) it's a suffix
c) its +1 to socketed gems
(we need two open prefixes and at least 1 open suffix)

4)
a) if you have two open suffixes:
craft "multi mod" and "cannot roll attack mods" and exalt slam (the only thing it can add is a non attack prefix and its "+1 to socketed gems")

b) if you have ONE open suffix:
craft "cannot roll attack mods" and exalt slam

6) remove crafted mods and now craft:
"multi mod", "+2 support gems" and "t1 chaos dot multi"

And that's still a t1 bow, it's going to be like an 10ex investment, but that's how much it was anyway. Albeit a bit less powerful

Last edited by idkwat on Mar 18, 2021, 7:36:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. There is no left click movement on console. I wish though.

I think its a console bug. It feels like even though Sirus is on the ground he is bugged and game is counting him in the air so my pods are not doing any damage.

Last fight I spent about 5 minutes touching Sirus spamming non stop TR pods and I didn't even dent his health. I can't even see his health bar moving I do so little damage.

Just going to go with my gutt after killing Sirus 100+ times on PC and lean toward Toxic Rain being broken on sirus.

Would explain how I failed all 12 attempts. The only time I ever failed a sirus was my first league. Frustrating.
This is what I get for playing console.

I have a 3070 rtx/5600x PC yet I wanted to play in my recliner on my oled TV.

I am 100% sure that Toxic Rain does not do damage to Sirus in last plase on console. I am going to take a guess and think the bug counts Sirus as in the air at all times.
"
idkwat wrote:
So, I missed the convo, but one way of crafting the bow next league without harvest, and still very strong is

1)alt spam until

a) t2/t1 damage over time multi
b) t2/t1 attack speed

2)Regal

3)annul the new mod UNLESS:
a) its either one of those two mods
b) it's a suffix
c) its +1 to socketed gems
(we need two open prefixes and at least 1 open suffix)

4)
a) if you have two open suffixes:
craft "multi mod" and "cannot roll attack mods" and exalt slam (the only thing it can add is a non attack prefix and its "+1 to socketed gems")

b) if you have ONE open suffix:
craft "cannot roll attack mods" and exalt slam

6) remove crafted mods and now craft:
"multi mod", "+2 support gems" and "t1 chaos dot multi"

And that's still a t1 bow, it's going to be like an 10ex investment, but that's how much it was anyway. Albeit a bit less powerful

not a good way tbh. Either you lose attack speed or DoT multi unless you are super lucky. Losing either is bad too.

I will make a video about this later soon, so just sit tight
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
arciinus wrote:
You have some pretty insane gear already - a lot of the legacy IIQ gear is pretty expensive!

While you should already be able to run low-tier 100% Delirium maps already (T2 towers, for example), a source of Explode could be helpful for Delirium, since the mobs can have a good amounts of life. You probably don't want to swap out your really nice Carcass Jack, so you could consider swapping out a large cluster for one with Unspeakable Gifts or getting it on a Megalomaniac

The prices aren't really an issue, it's more the availabilty. I've crafted all the gear myself (and farmed 95% of the needed harvests-crafts myself as well), since you can't you really buy quantity-gear for a dot-build.

About the explode-thing i've thought quite a while as well, in fact i had to chose between the bow-base i got now and one with explode and +1 bow gems implicits. - But i've never thought about megalomaniac, which is a pretty interesting idea.
Is a Torrent's Reclamation worth for this build? I've been thinking about switching my belt with it and just run a Wise Oak to replace my mana flask to fill up the missing res and a curse immune silver flask to replace my cinderswallow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info