-

"
rainmeadow wrote:
Isn't it still possible to craft the bows quite easily (although being more expensive/time consuming) with the new Harvest crafts?

I'd proceed as follows:
1) Get a Thicket Bow with decent iLvl (we don't need 86 for the standard craft, iLvl 82 should suffice - it's what we need for the DoT Multi)
2) Use Deafening Essence of Zeal until you have 18% AS and either filled Suffixes or at least five properties (Prefixes and Suffixes)
3) Use fracture craft from "Wild Thornfruit" until you hit the Attack Speed. Now you have a Thicket Bow with 18% AS on it
4) Perfect Fossil to 28+ Quality or Hillock bench (can be done afterwards)
5) Use Chaos to get T1 DoT Multi
6) Anull off everything but the DoT Multi (if you fail, back to step 4)
7) You now have a base with AS + DoT Multi. Craft "Cannot Roll Attack modifiers" and Exalt it for +1 Socketed Gems
8) Multimodding Chaos DoT and +2 Socketed Support Gems
9) Harvest craft "Quality does not increase Physical Damage -> Attack Speed"

---

This should work, although getting the AS fracture will be time consuming as well as steps 5 and 6 until you are left with AS + DoT, otherwise it should be doable, won't it?

Alternatively, you could try to fracture the DoT Multi and afterwards use Essences + Anuls to be left with DoT Multi + AS. This may even be the better route.

The new harvest craft is basically removing those remove adds and remove, so basically there is nothing much that changed. Since I have a new method on crafting the bow, but I can't disclose it for now.

Fracturing the bow is a mistake imo, although on paper it looks like it doesn't have much significance, but on practice it does have some huge differences in terms of attack speed.

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
x
Last edited by LowBudget780 on Feb 19, 2022, 5:52:59 PM
Does my gems look right? I can't afford lvl 4 enchance right now btw

Question about Storm's Gift gloves:

Does shocked enemies take more DOT ?
Im new in dot builds, sry if i miss somenthing.
"
xaerobb wrote:
Question about Storm's Gift gloves:

Im new in dot builds, sry if i miss somenthing.

Yes they do, but it's not that great since we have a lot of wither stacks at this point that gives a lot of diminishing returns
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Does my gems look right? I can't afford lvl 4 enchance right now btw

You can get a lvl 3 instead if it's out of your reach. Also you need anomalous immortal call before that
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Mar 16, 2021, 8:33:34 AM
"
xaerobb wrote:
Yeah, but if you use skitterbots you'll already have source of shock.

Also crafted gloves w/ hunter + warlord mods are better.

While storm's gift looks like a decent "budget" option they have no life and this might hurt you in the long run - this build doesn't have a lot of life.
[spoiler]oogigoog[/spoiler]
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

My first ever lvl 100 character

A9 Sirus

Pinned Messages, PLEASE READ

"
1. Please check QnA section before asking questions to clear your doubts.

2. Please check the notice board for any updates

3. Don't PM me ingame, via mail or in discord bcus I WILL 100% ignore your message because if you have any questions, I am not the only person that could help you.

4. If you have inquiries about Trickster vs PF, I've discuss about it on section 1.3. Additionally, there's another section at below about other ascendancies' performance

5. My custom filter for TR

6. PoB is at section 2.1

7. 3.13 Possible fix for survivability & dmg

8. My PoE Ninja Profile, check the time machine to look at my own progression

9. Build is currently considered a meta build, this caused inflation on the gears of this build, some upgrades may feel too expensive regarding its performance. If you felt discourage to continue on, you can swap to other ranger builds or farm for your 2nd build!

Notice Board <--- Check me here for updates! (Last touched : 17/2)
Spoiler

3.13 update :
PF loses 20% AoE which is roughly equal to 1 radius so it is really not much, estimated 3.57% damage loss (depends). But PF gained 15% more damage at the same time.
Not much have changed for TR, slight buff to early game (earlier access to Efficacy) and slight nerf to min maxing (Anomalous malevolence). TR changes on patch notes (Physical converted to chaos) is completely irrelevant regardless. So far looking good for the next expansion!

(3/2) : Added 1 new video, updated gems section

(6/2) : Added progression flow chart, reworked section 1.3, added more QnA

(16/2): Due to word limit, I've split gearing section into two parts. Additionally, updated some contents in the gearing section.

(17/2): Reached Level 100 with the build!

Updated PoB to the latest snapshot, changed the GIF in front (seems to have some loading issues for now to me).

Foreword
Spoiler

We are a small community right now, if you have any questions you can hook me up there as I'm fairly active on discord - https://discord.gg/XAREVfd
New to the game? Require assistance throughout your gameplay or just want to hangout with randoms? Join PoE official discord! - https://discord.com/invite/pathofexile

Occasionally I will stream at https://www.twitch.tv/remicaster1, feel free to ask any questions about the build there, I will be more than happy to help you out

This guide is made possible with help from one of my friend, Seberus100. He has provided some reliable information from conducting experiments on toxic rain to us. I gathered some of the information, did some further testing and to prove that pathfinder is NOT a bad class for toxic rain builds.

So I'd quickly give him a shoutout for the information, watch his stream right here!
https://www.twitch.tv/seberus100

The full leveling section is made possible by Shyvanaa, thanks to Shyvanaa for writing the full leveling process.

Table of contents
"
1.0 Introduction
> 1.1 Pros and Cons
> 1.2 Toxic Rain Mechanics
> 1.3 Why Pathfinder?
> 1.4 Videos
> 1.5 Mechanics of this build

2.0 Gearing Information - First Half
> 2.1 Path of Building <------- Don't miss me, I am here
> 2.2 Gears

2.0 Gearing Information - Second Half
> 2.3 Jewels
> 2.4 Flasks

3.0 Passive Tree pathing
> 3.1 Passive Tree explained
> 3.2 Progress + Final Tree

4.0 Ascendancy explained
> 4.1 Pathfinder ascendancy rundown
> 4.2 Ascendancy Order

5.0 Bandits & Pantheons
> 5.1 Bandits
> 5.2 Pantheons

6.0 Gem Links
> 6.1 My setup
> 6.2 Alt Quality

7.0 Leveling
> tl;dr leveling
> Whole leveling
8.0 Miscs
> Questions and Answers
> Information for beginner players
> Gear crafting guide
> Other Media

1.0 Introduction
Spoiler

1.1 Pros and Cons
Spoiler

> Insane damage
You are able to kill conquerors and guardian in matters of seconds, looking their life pool getting drained so quick that if you blinked you might didn't saw what happened to them. But of course this does comes with a price, the more you invest the more damage you will get.

> All map mods
This build allows you to safely faceroll any maps of your choice. Any map mods, just name it! It can be reflect, no regen, or whatever, this build DOMINATES all map mods

> 100% flask uptime
Spent all your flask charges on a boss fight? Don't worry, your flask charges will still come back to you! So on a long boss fight, you can easily get those flask charges back!

> Tanky
Ok I wouldn't say it is insanely tanky, but the defenses are quite great. We have a near perma fortify from our Hybrid flask via Hardened Scars anointment, a Wind Dancer Keystone that reduces our damage taken by 20%, and additional evasion when we have been hit recently. In addition we have flesh and stone helping us, further reducing damage taken from enemies outside of our circle. On top of that, from our ascendancy we have 6% reduced elemental damage taken AND elemental ailment immunity!

> All content
Aside from Hall of Grandmasters which people could be immune to our damage, we can pretty much do any content available in the game currently with EASE. A8 Sirus, uber elder etc, all you can name it, yes we are able to do them!

> Upgrade gaps
This particular build has a smaller upgrade gap compared to Trickster version, but this doesn't mean the upgrade gap is not huge. The first gap comes when you are upgrading your budget gear to middle ground gear, especially when you are getting the cluster jewels and the amulet which is your priority. When you got 2 of those, your next upgrade gap is getting high damaging stats on your gear which can get expensive really fast. Attempting to get +level Carcass Jack would also be relatively expensive, though it is cheaper than trickster the currency needed is still a lot.

> Flask reliant
As a pathfinder, you have to rely on your flasks to survive and have offense, so you need to piano flask all the time to maintain your dps and defenses, overflasking might actually kill you so you'd also have to be careful on that.

> Weak early stages, takes a bit of time to reach optimal setup, not very SSF friendly
This build have a relatively weak early stages of mapping. You would have troubles on clearing red maps early on without any investment on the build. But once you have all the items ready (especially jewels and cluster jewels) you would start to deal a lot of dps. Survivability also don't shine early on, Hardened Scar is the biggest survivability upgrade which also takes a bit of time to obtain golden oil, hence making this build not really SSF friendly for endgame setup

1.2 Toxic Rain Mechanics (Important)
Spoiler

Mechanics

Toxic Rain is a chaos based attack skill gem. When fired, it will be firing 1 + 4, a total of 5 projectiles by default into the sky, then landing on the ground, hitting enemies around the area then leaving pods based on the amount of projectile you fired (default 5), which deals chaos damage over time (DoT) and last for 1 second (on default) which can stack and overlap on each other, applying 10% slow on monsters for each pod, maximum of 60%. When the pods duration end, it will explode, hitting the enemies additional time, applying on hit effects too.

Although Toxic Rain is a projectile, modifiers to projectile behavior such as pierce does not affect them.

Toxic Rain will be able to "convert" projectile damage into the gem's damage over time effect. This means that any projectile damage you took on the passive tree will apply to the chaos damage over time effect.

Here we scale the damage over time effect on Toxic Rain instead of the on hit damage as its on hit damage is very weak by itself and have low damage effectiveness. The damage over time effect from Toxic Rain comes from the VINES from the pods, not the EXPLOSION, as the explosion apply on hit affect when it ends, which is not the damage over time damage. (This is an error from Esoro's guide, he mentioned explosion is our main part of damage, which is not the case)

Modifiers to skill effect duration will Toxic Rain's pods last longer, at the same time increasing the total duration of Mirage Archer and other skill gems such as Vaal Haste. Do note that some skill effect duration only buff certain gems with tags. For example Tempered Arrowheads only scale the duration for Mirage archer + Toxic rain, not for Vaal Haste

Modifiers to area of effect modifiers will increase the area of effect of the vines reach and the pods explosion area. Though it does not increase the spread / placement of the pods. AoE modifiers will increase the overlap damage, as pods will be able to overlap on the same target easily with large area, increasing single target damage.

The more additional projectile modifiers you get, the more pods Toxic Rain will fire out, but this also means the more spreaded out the pods are. This means it does not increases your single target damage, only your clear speed.

All the pods are placed as close to your cursor as possible with random offset, but each pod blocks other pods from falling in a variable radius around it. Which means that there will be a minimum and maximum radius (the numbers are hidden) where it prevents the other pods colliding on each other. Though technically this variable cannot be changed, since this mechanic exist, adding more arrows would increase this variable as you fire a lot more projectile, there will be more pods which prevent other pods from colliding on the same place, which means they will be more spreaded when they land.

This build is focused on damage over time damage, which is one of the 4 major category damaging skill gems in the game. Damage over time does not scaled by spell damage or attack damage, this includes any "adds #% to projectile attack damage". So our method on scaling Toxic Rain damage will be these commonly found stats

> generic #% damage
> +gem levels to Toxic Rain
> #% skill effect duration
> #% increase attack speed
> #% increase damage over time
> #% increase chaos damage over time
> #% to damage over time multiplier
> #% to chaos damage over time multiplier
> #% increase projectile damage (as stated in the gem itself)

#% increase damage over time and #% increase chaos damage over time are identical, just one of them only scale chaos damage based, and one of them only scale all types of damage over time skills. For example #% increased cold damage and #% increased elemental damage, the #% inc cold dmg only scales the cold damage, while #% increased elemental damage scales all 3 elementals. So there is no difference in terms of #% increase damage over time, #% increase chaos damage over time and generic #% increased damage.

What is generic #% increased damage? This goes the same for all stuff like
> #% increased chaos damage
> #% increased damage
> #% increased projectile damage
> #% increased area damage

They are identical in way, but for our build they are the same, none of them gives more damage compared to others if their numbers are exactly the same.

From the basics of Toxic Rain, instead of purely scaling the damage over time damage on Toxic Rain, we will be scaling skill effect duration for the pods to last longer so more pods stacks, area of effect so the pods overlap on each other more often, and attack speed (well it is kinda obvious), applying a lot of pods on our enemies.

We do not scale any on hit damage effects, so any flat chaos damage does not benefit us, this includes "adds # to chaos damage". Also on our build we does not scale any poison damage, as this is a pure damage over time build.

The basic calculations for a damage over time is
Base DoT * Increase DoT * DoT Multiplier

> Base DoT is the base DoT from the gem itself, so scaling the level of Toxic Rain has a huge impact

> Increase DoT can be found easily on your tree and gear. Any modifiers like #% increase damage will count towards the increase part.

> DoT Multiplier is slightly harder to find compare to Increase DoT, but it is an additive with other DoT multiplier then multiplies after the increase modifiers.

The ideal situation to scale the DoT damage is to have all 3 balance out, or else scaling the higher part will have diminishing returns compare to scaling the other lower 2. Here is an example

5 * 300 * 100, by scaling more base DoT (through gem levels) has the highest impact among the 3, but scaling the DoT increase (the 300) will have the lowest impact among the tree.

So you will see most of the time people scale Toxic Rain with +gem levels and DoT Multiplier, but prioritizing those will have dimishing returns at the long run without scaling any attack speed or skill effect duration.

Also, I've made a spreadsheet calculator to calculate your Toxic Rain damage. Feel free to use it to calculate your own dmg.

Toxic Rain Calculator

below this spreadsheet calculator includes :
Damage with Mirage Archer
Ramp up calculation damage

Do note that you would need to have Path of Building tool to use this tool properly, it needs the numbers from PoB to have accurate numbers.

1.3 Why Pathfinder? Why not mines?
Spoiler

Most of the time Toxic Rain is compared with Trickster, Deadeye and Pathfinder. There is a more detailed explanation down in the QnA section regarding other ascendancy performances, but here i will draw a short tl;dr regarding the ascendancy.

Trickster
Trickster is the most popular choice of TR before PF dominated, the reason why you wanted to choose Trickster is because he offers ghost shrouds (ghost dance), which is a very good defensive skill, recovery on kill (patient reaper) and high damage output (prolonged pain).

The reason why you shouldn't be picking it is because

1. Ghost shrouds are not very reliable, because your ghost shrouds are removed when you are hit, which makes you take increased damage. In PoE, most deaths in maps are caused by multiple hits in very quick succession, which in this case you want to be more tanky, not become weaker and receive more damage.

2. Patient reaper is overshadowed by cinderswallow, as it basically does the same stuff that this 2 ascendancy point offers.

3. No flask sustain. In extended fights, you could run out flask charges if you use them carelessly. Flasks are very strong in this game as they can make noticeable damage buffs or defensive buffs on you. As pathfinder offers flask sustain in these prolonged fights, you can recklessly use them without being punished, while for Trickster, you are severely punished if you use them recklessly.

When you should pick Trickster? : My personal opinion is, almost never.
Although Trickster have a very strong start, it falls off pretty fast too. He has identical performance with Pathfinder in acts, but once you reached maps he will start underperforming, both offensively and defensively.

Deadeye
Deadeye received a reworked at patch 3.13, which introduced the 3 Mirage Archer clones that can be placed throughout the boss arena, which provide a huge damage uptime. Thanks to this ascendancy point, it actually allows deadeye to overperform the DPS that Pathfinder can do. Additionally, Gale force has some very nice defensive (thanks to Wind ward) layer for deadeye builds and tailwind is a pretty good speed buff.

The reason why you shouldn't be choosing deadeye is because

1. Although Wind Ward looks very nice on paper, but Gale Force is not very great. I noticed that in maps, even as a dodge build I'd get hit rather often. I am also not always on 10 galeforce stacks because it only stays for 4 seconds. It can be great on bosses, but on mapping it is not really great because you would constantly lose Gale forces.

2. Tailwind can be obtained through hunter influenced boots. This makes the ascendancy overshadowed by this stat that can be obtain in a rare item. Although obtaining a tailwind boots can be hard, but it still can be replaced. On top of that, as I mentioned earlier where you wouldn't be able to have 10 stack of Gale force up all the time, this means that you won't be able to get the full benefit of 10 stack tailwind buff.

3. Same reason as trickster above, low sustainability due to no flask sustain from Pathfinder.

When you should pick Deadeye? : When you care is about DPS more than survivability.
I personally tested it out and I was just spoiled by Pathfinder's flask sustain. I notice there is quite a bit of DPS gain, I actually felt like I am dealing a lot of damage. The problem is flask sustain again. Because you can't utilize flasks during prolonged fights, stuff like hardened scars will become useless and you wouldn't have a good way to recover your life. It is basically a race to who dies first in fights like Maven.

Why you shouldn't go with TR mines?
Mines will cancel out the need to go for attack speed because you just throw mines instead. With this, you don't need to go for a quill rain or +3 bow with attack speed, which saves quite an amount of currency.

The main problem is that TR itself is a delayed skill, if you further delayed it with mines, it will be very bad for moving bosses because you cannot ramp up your damage, all those excessive duration will all be wasted. Hence TR mines has some poor DPS performances on the current endgame bosses.

1.4 Videos
Spoiler

- Maven influenced Uber Atziri
https://youtu.be/-maklVDHopM
- Maven Invitation 10 mob
https://youtu.be/RGm38vE107w
- A8 Drox
https://youtu.be/RbOf_wkFafE
- A9 Sirus Deathless /w Quill Rain
https://youtu.be/SwGyn2bVmDc
- Maven Deathless + No touching coil beam challenge
https://youtu.be/julqrD24BRI

- Uber Elder : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGb5AyfLMEU
- 100% Delirious Map
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9020--6w7I&feature=youtu.be
(2 deaths caused by Corrupted Blood cus I don't have an immunity jewel and my flask is unable to save me because I stack too many pods way too fast)

1.5 Mechanics of this build
Spoiler

Hardened Scars - Hardened Scars is a hidden anointment that gives us Fortify when we use a life flask. Hybrid flask also counts as a life flask and it is able to roll a stat "Enduring". Which means that our flask effect will not end when we reached full life / mana, this will allow us to have longer duration of Fortify.

Wind Dancer - Wind Dancer is a Keystone which prevents any one shot on our build, when we have been hit recently, increasing our evasion so that we are able to mitigate away attack hits from monsters under quick succession.

Dodge and Spell Dodge
Dodge is a mechanic that completely nullifies the damage taken. It is a second layer of defense, first as being evasion. This means that when a monster attempt to hit us with an attack, we have 40% chance to completely nullify the damage, and 30% chance to completely nullify a spell damage. Do note that Dodge does not help us deal against damage over time.

2.0 Gearing Information - First half
Spoiler

2.1 Path of Building
Spoiler

Path of Building (PoB) is a great tool for all poe players as it provides a "simulation" for a build. It can be used as theory making a build, getting a rough estimation on dps on our build. Do note that PoB does not calculate our Mirage Archer damage.

If you haven't gotten PoB or you are using an outdated PoB, you can find the link on here : https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/wiki/Installing-this-Fork

Please use PoB Fork instead of PoB by Openarl, this is because there will be calculations and stuff that is not available on there, so you MUST have PoB fork, not normal PoB

And here is my current PoB link (updated) :

Last updated (22/2)
https://pastebin.com/X7PsCKQW (Ignore gem setup)
https://pastebin.com/4krsrWq2 (Latest snapshot)

Please read the notes section!

2.2 Gears
Spoiler

General Information on gearing

Due to the unpredictable market price, I will not give an exact value, instead i will give a range of value, stating how expensive is that item. So this will be my pricing range.
Cheap - 10 chaos or below
Moderate - 10 chaos or above, but not higher than 1 exalted
Expensive - 1 exalted or higher

On rare items, I will put a link that directs you to the Softcore Trade site, which I had already filtered out the stats you need on your gear. Do note that this setup is for players who doesn't know how to properly filter out items with the trade site so they will not have a lot of trouble looking for the gear.

Please use official trade and don't use poe.trade. Poetrade existed way before official trade is up, so it is a very ancient website that has reduced performance. Think about a 1 y/o PC and a 20 y/o PC. Would you pick the older one or the new one to play your games? Main reason is because poetrade API updates way slower, you would found those item getting sold before you get the chance to purchase it because the update time is just too slow.

Official trade link (even works after delirium league ended) : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium

PLEASE NOTE : all items listed below are endgame items or items that carry you on early stages of mapping, items below are not leveling items!

2.2.1 Weapon
-----------

Quill Rain is a good starting weapon and endgame weapon, it also gives a lot of QoL because of the attack speed it provides and the damage it gives cannot be competed. +1 Arrow corruption is not mandatory, also there are no priority rolls.

Do not get +3 bow unless that is your final upgrade and you have nothing to do with your currency. The main reason is that quill rain is able to do all content without much troubles. Though +3 bow does helps in improving your damage, it is not an item that can directly solve your damage issues like a miracle, and it cost quite a bit to get going even with harvest crafting.

There are a lot of other stuff that increases your damage way better than a +3 bow does, especially cluster jewels which could almost double your damage. So I highly recommend to invest into other parts of the gear, leaving +3 bow upgrades one of the last upgrades.

Price - Cheap to Expensive (depends on corruption and links)

Trade link - https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/rbyGSQ

2.2.2 Quiver
-----------

Cheap - Expensive

First Quiver is a very budget quiver. Elemental damage to attacks and the implicit added cold damage does nothing to our build. That quiver is just purely for life and resistance.

Second piece of quiver is an endgame quiver scales a lot of the damage over time affect, it is one of the best offensive quiver you can have. You will need a Hunter Influenced with item level of 80 or above in order to roll the Chaos damage over time multiplier.

Look for these stats on the quiver (endgame):
> #% to maximum life
> #% to Damage over time multiplier
> #% to Chaos damage over time multiplier (Hunter)
> $% Increase attack speed
> Bow attacks fires an additional arrow (Shaper)

You are recommended to get Ornate Quiver base for the extra socket, as all other Quiver base does not have any beneficial stats to us. Else look for Spike-Point quiver for the crit chance as it helps if you use Tailwind.

For a more budget quiver, you can get a decent Life + resistance quiver early on with some attack speed craft.
Price (endgame) : Expensive
Price (budget) : Cheap - Moderate

Trade link (Budget) : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/4DmkwoLS9
Trade link (Moderate) :
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/7jnJw9yf5

2.2.3 Helmet
-----------

Devoto's Devotion is a great helmet, it gives us both attack speed and movement speed, increasing our clearing speed and single target damage, though the downside of Devoto's is it does not have any life modifiers.

The reduced global physical damage does not affect the damage of the Toxic Rain damage as it does not affect DoT damage. If you face survivability issues with Devoto's, I recommend using a rare helmet below

A rare helmet with -9 chaos with high life works as a more defensively helmet. Note that if you use a hubris circlet, you must have a total of 155 INT else you can't wear the helmet.

For enchantment, look for
- Toxic Rain fires 1 additional arrow
- Malevolence has 15% reduced Mana Reservation

If you have the Malevolence reduced reservation, you can throw in a Skitterbots for more damage.

Price (no helmet enchant) : Cheap
Price (with helmet enchant): Expensive

Trade link (No enchant) : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/xm2zu6

2.2.4 Body Armour
-----------

Carcass Jack is a BiS body armour for Toxic Rain in terms of damage, it gives 50% increased area of effect which is an additional pod overlap. At the same time giving us decent amount of life and resistance which makes it one of the best body armour for Toxic Rain

Early setup - You are able to farm Carcass Jack

Endgame option - You will need to have a +4 or a +2 +1 Carcass Jack to maximize your Toxic Rain damage, they are not insanely hard to obtain as Toxic Rain has a lot of gem modifiers

Look for these implicit
- +1 to level of socketed gems
- +2 to level of socketed duration gems
- +2 to level of socketed AoE gems
- +2 to level of socketed projectile gems

All the videos above are done with a +1 to level of socketed gems Carcass Jack which cost me 15ex

To beginner players :

About getting a corrupted +socket, make sure the item is ALREADY 6 linked. This is very important as we will not be able to modify the item if it is not a 6 link, making it quite useless for us to socket our gems into it.

After an item is corrupted, you cannot modify the item by any means, EXCEPT for crafting benches. In order to get the right socket colors for your 6 linked corrupted Carcass Jack, you need to spam the bench recipe "at least 1 red", which is found on delve and it cost 4 chromatics + 4 vaal orbs. Spam that recipe until you got 1 red 5 green.

The reason why you should buy an already 6-linked Carcass is because if you don't have it 6 linked, you need to spend 350 jewellers + 350 vaal orbs to get it to 6 socket, and additional 1500 fusings and 1500 vaal orbs to 6 link it, making it very costly. So it is highly suggested to get a 6l Corrupted piece for the +socket.

Meanwhile for Explody chest, it works as a defensively chest if you want to hit level 100 as it helps remove corpse, or mainly focused on defenses since Carcass can't give as much life as a rare chest does. You can look for a crusader 15% phys taken as lightning damage to further mitigate more phys damage. Additionally, having frenzy charge on hit will allow us to sustain frenzy charges on long boss fights such as Maven or Sirus. The maximum mana is useless in my case, it is just an unlucky scenario from my awakener's orb.

Do note that the explode does not chain as we have no methods to scale its damage outside of headhunter buffs.

Price (with good implicit / explody chest): Expensive
Price (non 6 linked) : Moderate

Trade link (Budget) : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/1JmOHl
Trade link (5l, moderate) : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/8Bj27BhV

2.2.5 Gloves
-----------

Budget - Expensive

For the endgame gloves, we will be looking for a rare hunter gloves

Look for these stats :
- +# to Maximum life
- #% to Chaos Damage Over Time
- #% Increase Attack Speed
- #% Increased Area of Effect (crafted)
- #% to (any elemental) resistance

For a more budget glove, you can look for just Life and Resistance and craft the Increased AoE craft which is found by unveiling gloves from defeating syndicate members, then socket your aura gems on the gloves

Price: Cheap - Expensive

Trade link (Budget) : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/bGgmRmdiL

2.2.6 Boots
-----------

Budget - Moderate - Expensive

For the boots, we will be looking for generic life + resistance + movement speed. It is recommended to look for a pair of boots with high movement speed, decent life and resistance and a two-toned boots for your elemental resistances.

Look for these stats :
- +# to Maximum Life
- +#% to (any elemental) resistance
- #% Increase Movement Speed
- +# to Intelligence / Strength (optional)

For the boots enchant, look for
- 10% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently
- 8% chance to Dodge Spell Hits if you've taken a spell damage recently
- 10% Chance to Dodge Attack Hits if you've taken a Critical Strike Recently

Don't get the 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently enchant as it doesn't help us on boss fights and the only trouble we will have is during boss fights

Tailwind is the ultimate endgame boots stats, it is very expensive to get one and I don't recommend it if you are on tight budget.

Trade link (Budget) : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/Zq63j7msQ

2.2.7 Amulet
-----------

For the amulet, it is recommended to get a rare amulet with STR or INT on it as we will be having some attributes trouble.

Look for these stats
- +1 to level of all chaos skill gems
- +1 to level of all Dexterity Skill gems
- +# to Maximum Life
- +# to Chaos damage over time Multiplier
- +# to (any elemental) resistance

For a more budget amulet, you can Ignore the Chaos DoT Multiplier and the +1 Chaos or Dexterity Skill gems

Link to trade web for budget amulet

For the anointment, we are going for Hardened Scars as mentioned, it gives us a great survivability boost. For a more budget start option, you can look for Corruption anointment for more damage early on.

Price: Moderate - Expensive

2.2.8 Rings
-----------

For budget rings, you can get any life and resistance ring. When you reach the point where you have a higher budget for rings, look for either Hunter Influenced rings that give you despair on hit, or a delve despair on hit ring. Only one of them needs the Curse on Hit as this is due to the curse limit we have. Also you could get a ring with increased chaos damage, but it will be expensive on top of good amount of life and resistance.

Look for these stats
- +# to Maximum Life
- #% to (any elemental) resistance
- #% Increase chaos damage
- +# to Intelligence / Strength

It is recommended to get a Vermilion Ring, Coral or Two stone rings to cap your elemental resistance and heavily increases your life.

One of your ring will need to have the -mana cost to non channeling skills, this is only important after you need to reserve skitterbots into your build.

Trade link (Budget) : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/VL5o3ePHp

2.2.9 Belt
-----------

Budget - Moderate - Expensive - ????

For the belt, I would say any belt will do, but on my situation I have this belt (expensive belt) which gives me a lot of offensive options. You can also throw in a Headhunter on the build no problem because it gives us a lot of movement speed and attack speed. Else just look for life and resistance.

Taunting Contraption - It taunts enemies, changing their target aggro and reduces their damage towards you, this is a pretty good belt to use and this means we would have an perma additional 10% damage reduction as taunt makes enemy deals 10% less damage.

Headhunter works surprisingly well with the build, because Toxic rain is considered as a physical skill, it gains all the buffs that headhunter provides, scaling our explode chest damage at the same time. As Headhunter also gives additional action speed and area, it massively increases your damage output on mapping. The downside is that without a rare mob, a headhunter is nothing, so in long boss fights like Maven or Sirus it is pretty useless.

For a rare belt, look for a stygian vise with
- #% Increased Chaos damage
- +# to Maximum life
- +#% to (any elemental resistance)
- #% increase attack speed during any flask effect
- +# to Intelligence / Strength

Budget belt will be a life and res belt. Link to the trade is right here
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/DVn3kLVC5

If the belt has an open prefix, you can craft
- Flasks applied to you have #% increased effect
- #% reduced flask charges gained, flask applied to you have #% increased effect.
- #% Increased Damage

If the belt has an open suffix, you can craft
- #% Increased flask effect duration
- Regenerate #% life per second during any flask effect
- +#% to (any elemental) resistance

Another question from noob regarding passives tree. If I'm checking someone's profile from the web, a lot of passive skills have oils. For example:

Did I miss something and I have to oil some skills, or it's kind of glitch?

Thanks!
"
BabamTV wrote:
If I'm checking someone's profile from the web, a lot of passive skills have oils.
It just shows you which oils give that skill. You can check the same in game by pressing alt over a skill on your passive tree.

All notables on the tree have assigned oils, and few skills outside of tree have assigned oils, like hardened scars which is normally invisible. You can still see it in POB though.

P.S. Skills specced on tree do not double if you get it second time through oil. They don't stack. So you should always anoint with oils a skill you can't normally reach on your tree (it's too far or hidden).
Last edited by Viktranka on Mar 16, 2021, 12:16:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info