-

I sniped a very cheap 20% quality vaal rain of arrows. Would that work in place of blast rain or is there a specific reason why we use that skill in particular?
"
Icingdeath1 wrote:
I sniped a very cheap 20% quality vaal rain of arrows. Would that work in place of blast rain or is there a specific reason why we use that skill in particular?

The mechanics for the skills are different.

RoA has many arrows, but most of them land far from our targeted location. If we add more arrows to RoA (like with GMP) it makes those extra arrows land even further away so it's not as reliable for applying wither. RoA also has more of a delay than Blast Rain.

Blast Rain has a fixed area so when we add more arrows, we get more explosions and more targets get hit with overlaps which equals more wither stacks faster.
Last edited by parabolicity on Mar 16, 2021, 2:31:43 PM

Great build, but using only toxic rain is too boring and slow, so I use a quiver Maloney Mechanism with caustic arrow to quickly clear packs of mobs. I also respected as a raider, again in favor of a fast run, the damage almost did not change (Sirius A9 Pathfinder 2:35 vs. Raider 2:25)
Last edited by Badorik on Mar 17, 2021, 11:21:36 AM
What's the ex budget that this build requires to do endgame content?
"
Badorik wrote:

Great build, but using only toxic rain is too boring and slow, so I use a quiver Maloney Mechanism with caustic arrow to quickly clear packs of mobs. I also respected as a raider, again in favor of a fast run, the damage almost did not change (Sirius A9 Pathfinder 2:35 vs. Raider 2:25)

https://youtu.be/X07xGxSZteI

:>

Though can you facetank Sirus? With my setup I need at hardened + immortal call to tank it reliably
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Mar 17, 2021, 10:45:20 PM
"

Define your "endgame", because "endgame" can have a lot of definition. Some just think it is mapping, some think it is T16 maps, some think it's Sirus, some think it's A9 Sirus Mavens etc
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"

I did A8 Sirus and Maven with about 15-20ex of investment - had a few deaths, but still very doable with decent mechanics. Maven took 3 tries or so for me to really get it.

The most expensive parts probably were:

1. 3ex for a 6L Quill Rain
2. 6ex or so for a +1 dexterity +1 chaos skills amulet
3. 6ex or so for a set of cluster jewels: 1 large with Broadside/Tempered Arrowheads and 2 medium with Wicked Pall/Student of Decay

I had about 5m Sirus DPS and close to 5k HP.

My current state when I quit the league does 15m DPS and cost about 150ex.

The most expensive things are:

1. Double-corrupted Carcass Jack with +4 skills - 40ex. These are pricier this late in the league, but if you don't have a +3 bow or want to use Quill Rain, this is by far the biggest upgrade you can get, increasing DPS by 50%
2. Amulet with the skills, but also Malevolence has 25% RMR - 40ex. This let me comfortably run Skitterbots too, which gives a 10% or so damage boost
3. Toxic Rain helmet with +1 arrow enchant - probably 20ex or so. This isn't really useful if you have any other source of additional arrows, but is probably the cheapest way to get to 6 arrows which significantly increases your DPS
4. Quiver with +1 additional arrow and DoT/chaos DoT - 60ex. This doesn't do much for damage, but was just me trying to find a useful prefix to min/max the build
Last edited by arciinus on Mar 18, 2021, 1:13:10 AM
I am currently trying to build a mf-version of the build in standard, but as a raider instead of pathfinder (more speed, pretty good defence etc.). I am already close to finish the setup (still needs to run labs for enchants, some randomizing, perhaps getting t1 speed mods for bow and gloves) and wanted to get some feedback, so i could probably change some stuff before it's finalized.

I've already played quite some toxic rain builds, but obvisously don't know the build as well, as you do, so maybe you can give me some advices for finishing or optimizing the setup before it's too late.

I am trying to be able to run fully juiced delirium-maps, as well as been able to kill all the endgame-bosses easily while having ~120% quantity and ~90% rarity. So i am thinking about running actually two different toxic-rain-6-link-setups: One for bossing (bow) and the other one for clear-speed (body armour) and getting wither with a spell-totem. Second one probably phantasmal? Don't know, if that's a good idea though...

Current version of the setup:

Current version of the passive tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.13.1/AAAABAIBAQBeBS0FtQguDPINjQ-rEvEUdRa_FyYZjhqNIuoj9iSLJT8mlSvnLU0uUy9yMHEwfDIBN9Q6Qj7PQzFKfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1oaWyZbr19wYeJh62KsZ6BrkGyMdO16U3qEeu99dX_7g22ExYd2jX2Nv5uNm7WcApzEnaqjiqXLshm0xbTRtyK95sLswzPDOsgMz3rTb9N-1CPWVNrB3ajjn-Xm6NbtP-2D7g7vevzF_ro=?accountName=basta1982&realm=pc&characterName=Laynja
Last edited by basta1982 on Mar 18, 2021, 2:35:49 AM
I have a fairly fundamental DoT question, but somehow surprisingly found no answer on the Internet, and I hope you could help me understand.

When calculating DOT damage, you mentioned three terms:

1. Base DoT
2. Increase DoT
3. DoT Multiplier

What about "more chaos damage over time", e.g. from Vicious Projectiles? Is it a new term multiplied with the three terms together?
"
Beastosh wrote:
I have a fairly fundamental DoT question, but somehow surprisingly found no answer on the Internet, and I hope you could help me understand.

When calculating DOT damage, you mentioned three terms:

1. Base DoT
2. Increase DoT
3. DoT Multiplier

What about "more chaos damage over time", e.g. from Vicious Projectiles? Is it a new term multiplied with the three terms together?

Yep, that's right. "More" is always multiplicative on top of everything else. Different "More" multipliers also are multiplicative with each other. So for example, I have 65% more from Vicious Projectiles, 44% from Void Manipulation, and 15% from Nature's Reprisal (passive); that adds up to 1.65*1.44*1.15=2.73x the damage from More multipliers.
Last edited by arciinus on Mar 18, 2021, 2:38:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info