[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
aerial wrote:
"
wuttenq wrote:
Hi boyz,

What do you think about str stackin version of SA ? Is it worth to min max it when am lookin for fast maper / endgame build. ? What about surivality of this version?

Anyone tried it? THnks in avance for info.

It can be comparable in terms of survivability, depends how much you want, what auras you opt to go with. You lose elusive from boots, thats one thing you can't really replace.

I guess what you meant was Tailwind. Elusive on crit is not reliable with SA. Tailwind is.

"
I'm pretty happy with my setup, changed few things, some more expensive as bottled faith, ditched arctic armour in favor of malevolence, broke 30mil in pob with thorn arrows (no Coralito's Signature flask).
Playing with huge dps is pretty fun, bosses die really fast, almost doesn't feel like dot build anymore, shit gets drained so rapidly.

I'm wondering about watchers eye viability with this mod:
Damaging Ailments you inflict deal Damage 15% faster while affected by Malevolence

It feels this should make more impact than chaos multi, since less damage will get "wasted" on bosses. I know total dps stays same, it doesn't change it, but over certain period of time we will do more dps. Seems useful on a build that ramps poison on bosses to the level, you can tell that if boss had 3x more health, it would die maybe 2-3s later, poison dps is so high towards the end of its regular hp.

Since you are doing strength-stacking and don't crave flat chaos damage, I think you would want to try double-influence'ing your bow Elder/chance poison to deal 2x damage) and Hunter/poisons deal damage 25% faster. Also take the Wasting Affliction notable on the med cluster (if you haven't taken).
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 10, 2020, 12:14:45 AM
Yea I was thinking about tailwind, my bad, used boots with both so many times I get them mixed up.

As for the bow. Sure such bow would be nice, but crafting it is another story. I want 2 other suffixes, such as attack speed and additional arrow, which makes it difficult. Maybe if I got arrow from quiver instead?

I'm also finding it really difficult to upgrade from covenant chest.. surprisingly. Everything is a damage loss even ones with 12% strength. And other mods are hard to utilize, extra curse would be nice, but then you need gloves with 2 curses, and ones I use nobody is really temple-corrupting, so thers none to buy.

Lastly Wasting Affliction indeed was a consideration, but for raw damage, eternal suffering seems to be quite nice. It basically guarantees starting fights with 5 whiter stacks already, makes whole stacking process easier, and also adds those stacks to trash on first hits. I'm pretty sure this counts as far more damage than any other notable you can get on jewels. Ofc its different story if you are kiting T19 delirium and they are all bombarded with your blast rain, then this loses its value. But for faster clears you gonna apply lot of wither via just eternal suffering. For regular T16 corrupted map + 4 sextant + zana mod + some scarabs, i don't even use blast rain, maybe for boss, but it dies in like 2-3s anyway, could just as well ditch it. Thers probably good merit to go totems in such case, if you only gonna cast it once per map, A 4L totem setup will probably even apply 15 withers faster than blast rain as it is its only purpose. If only there was a way to solve mana situation we could even go kaoms heart then.
Ofc thers always an argument that you don't need any of this vs regular T16 trash mobs, because franky, it doesn't make any difference, you could remove half of your gear and still clear the same, damage is magnitudes higher than needed for this type of content.
Last edited by aerial on Oct 10, 2020, 4:17:11 AM

My current gear for this build. Having a fun time crafting everything from scratch, I'm enjoying crafting this season more than Harvest (my first serious season) tbh, I've crafted almost all my gear.

If I'm going for an Aul's uprising, that means I'm only going to have 1.25x fortify on helmet. I'm getting shat on by Kosis in T16 delirious maps, so I'm kind of looking to get more defenses.

Last edited by holdthemoan on Oct 10, 2020, 9:56:48 AM
Where do i view the strength stacking option? And how does this fair in juiced t19 delirium maps? Squishy? Low slow dps? OR is it a decent solid build?

Have around 50 ex to drop into it!
The crafted bow is a huge upgrade over voltaxic and can be made for a few ex or less
Last edited by hipposcottamus on Oct 10, 2020, 5:52:14 PM
"
aerial wrote:
Yea I was thinking about tailwind, my bad, used boots with both so many times I get them mixed up.

As for the bow. Sure such bow would be nice, but crafting it is another story. I want 2 other suffixes, such as attack speed and additional arrow, which makes it difficult. Maybe if I got arrow from quiver instead?

No worry. I forgot Tailwind vs Elusive on crits as boots' mods all the time.

For the discussed high-budget bow (Strength-stacking variant only), I think you would want 2 open suffixes beside poison x2 damage (pref) and 25% faster poison (suff). Then multi-mod for +13% AS (suff) and 40% chaos dot multi (pref). +1 arrow can be provided either by quiver or Dying Sun, if you decide to go for a quiver with DoT multi/chaos dot multi without +1.

"
I'm also finding it really difficult to upgrade from covenant chest.. surprisingly. Everything is a damage loss even ones with 12% strength. And other mods are hard to utilize, extra curse would be nice, but then you need gloves with 2 curses, and ones I use nobody is really temple-corrupting, so thers none to buy.

Lastly Wasting Affliction indeed was a consideration, but for raw damage, eternal suffering seems to be quite nice. It basically guarantees starting fights with 5 whiter stacks already, makes whole stacking process easier, and also adds those stacks to trash on first hits. I'm pretty sure this counts as far more damage than any other notable you can get on jewels. Ofc its different story if you are kiting T19 delirium and they are all bombarded with your blast rain, then this loses its value. But for faster clears you gonna apply lot of wither via just eternal suffering. For regular T16 corrupted map + 4 sextant + zana mod + some scarabs, i don't even use blast rain, maybe for boss, but it dies in like 2-3s anyway, could just as well ditch it. Thers probably good merit to go totems in such case, if you only gonna cast it once per map, A 4L totem setup will probably even apply 15 withers faster than blast rain as it is its only purpose. If only there was a way to solve mana situation we could even go kaoms heart then.
Ofc thers always an argument that you don't need any of this vs regular T16 trash mobs, because franky, it doesn't make any difference, you could remove half of your gear and still clear the same, damage is magnitudes higher than needed for this type of content.

If I was you, I would try a 100% delirious map (at least t16) to see what needs to be upgraded. The real challenge arrises only with the 100% deli juiced maps where monsters got huge DPS and damage mitigation buffs from the deli fog.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 10, 2020, 4:20:05 PM
"
holdthemoan wrote:

My current gear for this build. Having a fun time crafting everything from scratch, I'm enjoying crafting this season more than Harvest (my first serious season) tbh, I've crafted almost all my gear.

If I'm going for an Aul's uprising, that means I'm only going to have 1.25x fortify on helmet. I'm getting shat on by Kosis in T16 delirious maps, so I'm kind of looking to get more defenses.

Yeah. Being able to craft most of your gears is a feast that many folks in this thread and I also enjoy a lot.

I would also bring Vessel of Vinktar for 30% less lightning damage taken into 100% deli. I personally find it a bit more helpful than Taste of Hate if I have to pick one over another. It is because the lightning detonations are just too deadly, and it's hard to see them inside the Deli mist. You could also try an alchemist Quart instead of overflowing chalice in such maps since Phasing and +15% dodge together is quite useful.

In addition, don't forget the focus mod on chest that grants +120% fortify effect.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 10, 2020, 4:24:14 PM
"
. we did it boys. I was getting nervous on the 8th imprint but then I hit that hybrid life. Still could be divined for an extra 11 hp, but having to hit 25% fort at the same time will be like 100 divines XD

Congrats. What a helm!
--
I love the look and thought of this build, it's honestly impressive how much work has gone into putting all of this together. It's my first time playing a build that isn't spell based, and also my first DoT build. I'm certain that I'm messing it up severely, because I can barely do t12 maps with my setup. Could you guide me on what my next steps should be? I spent basically all of my money rolling this chest piece and getting it 6L so I would like to use it lol. I have another character I'm using to farm since this one isn't cutting it atm.

I would appreciate any guidance you could offer https://pastebin.com/DxHprVW4
Would culling strike on the bow be a good mod? Does it apply to damage over time?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info