[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
image23 wrote:

Hello ive gotten this far now and managed to kill my first sirus with this build, i felt like my dps was low but managed to survive quite well.

My question is what should i now focus on to get most return out of my chaos investments in to the build?

Any help would be appreciated ive moved to the phase acro tree.

The best return on investments:
+ Awake added chaos, awake unbound ailment, quality on those.
+ 20% infused channelling (to reduce the ramp-up time of infusion).
+ Viridian Jewels, each of which should have #% Chaos dot multi, +7-8% AS, +5-7% life.
+ The flask cluster/endurance composure cluster jewel. Grab Coralito until having long enough poison duration with awake unbound ailment.
+ The boots with Tailwind is a great DPS boost. With enough APS, it's near 100% uptime.
+ After you've got the flask cluster and reduced flask charge used (belt), experiment if you can utilize Dying Sun in boss fights. If yes, replace the +1 arrow quiver with +25% chaos dot multi/dot multi quiver. The best is having +1 arrow and +25% chaos dot multi.
+ The -mana chest will be handy but the investment is large.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 8, 2020, 7:29:22 PM
https://pastebin.com/S6F8kC8u

I am neither ultra tanky nor have high dps. I would be ok with dying occasionally if I had dps anywhere near the PoB shared in this guide. I'd settle for half the dps.

Some questions:

1. I found it very hard to get ele res capped and chaos res capped. I made the (maybe incorrect) decision to cap chaos since I am res capped when my flasks are up and they are mostly up. Should we be capping res w/out flasks?

2. Damage definitely felt a lot better after getting woke gems. Should I be using BR all the time or on just bosses? I find myself having to use BR on rares.

3. I opted for culling strike on BR to kill stuff faster and proc explosions. Does clear rely on explosions? I'm hoping to farm t14 maps comfortably, but clearing maps is kinda slow.

4. I have another 30ex to pump into this build? Where can I upgrade? I would like to be able to clear t14 maps easily and do ilvl 83 heists.

I really love the detail in this guide but I feel like I am missing something. I love the idea of a tanky bow char with explody chains and that move fast through t14 maps. Please help me get there.
Last edited by Ariane on Oct 8, 2020, 9:10:00 PM
"
Ariane wrote:

I am neither ultra tanky nor have high dps. I would be ok with dying occasionally if I had dps anywhere near the PoB shared in this guide. I'd settle for half the dps.

Some questions:

1. I found it very hard to get ele res capped and chaos res capped. I made the (maybe incorrect) decision to cap chaos since I am res capped when my flasks are up and they are mostly up. Should we be capping res w/out flasks?

2. Damage definitely felt a lot better after getting woke gems. Should I be using BR all the time or on just bosses? I find myself having to use BR on rares.

3. I opted for culling strike on BR to kill stuff faster and proc explosions. Does clear rely on explosions? I'm hoping to farm t14 maps comfortably, but clearing maps is kinda slow.

4. I have another 30ex to pump into this build? Where can I upgrade? I would like to be able to clear t14 maps easily and do ilvl 83 heists.

I really love the detail in this guide but I feel like I am missing something. I love the idea of a tanky bow char with explody chains and that move fast through t14 maps. Please help me get there.

Are you running poison SA or poison TR? If you are running SA, the 2x mod non-channeling attack has -mana won't work because SA is a channelling attack. Instead, craft flat chaos damage.

You should try to craft an Elder poison bow. This will double your DPS. Go with an ilvl83+ elder thicket.

Regarding your question:
1. Feel free to try to cap resist with flask if you are comfortable with tight flask management. Lots of players did the same. But they were introduced to PF before playing the build.

2. Feel free to use BR in boss fights as well as mapping/rares, etc. If you can, add the awake added chaos to BR to increase clearing DPS.

3. To comfortably farm red maps with V-Rift, you would need few mores upgrade. I think it is most straightforward to use an Elder thicket bow instead. For clear, culling strike is inferior to awake added chaos in the BR setup.

4. Try to craft a good Elder thicket bow with fossils. It's easy and not expensive for the good poison bow. Decent bow may be costly, but it should be well within your budget. Try Tailwind boots. The best boots would have Tailwind and +1 endurance charge, which could be expensive. Also, try to stack up the Viridian jewels.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
Slottm wrote:

Amulet

The king of this spot is aul's uprising
I made a mistake early on of not realizing this, but corrected it. Malevolence is a fanstastic buff, and allows for the malevolence watchers eye in addition

Otherwise, amulet is a great source of Int, life, chaos damage over time multiplier and resists.

How should i go about adding the Aul and the dps increase I get from Malevolence to my POB Fork?
When I entered the item in place of my current amulet, it showed something like -25% dps decrease. I'll link my POB later as well when I'm near my PC
Last edited by Murakamari on Oct 9, 2020, 5:40:46 AM
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
Ariane wrote:

Some questions:

Are you running poison SA or poison TR? If you are running SA, the 2x mod non-channeling attack has -mana won't work because SA is a channelling attack. Instead, craft flat chaos damage.

You should try to craft an Elder poison bow. This will double your DPS. Go with an ilvl83+ elder thicket.

Regarding your question:
1. Feel free to try to cap resist with flask if you are comfortable with tight flask management. Lots of players did the same. But they were introduced to PF before playing the build.

2. Feel free to use BR in boss fights as well as mapping/rares, etc. If you can, add the awake added chaos to BR to increase clearing DPS.

3. To comfortably farm red maps with V-Rift, you would need few mores upgrade. I think it is most straightforward to use an Elder thicket bow instead. For clear, culling strike is inferior to awake added chaos in the BR setup.

4. Try to craft a good Elder thicket bow with fossils. It's easy and not expensive for the good poison bow. Decent bow may be costly, but it should be well within your budget. Try Tailwind boots. The best boots would have Tailwind and +1 endurance charge, which could be expensive. Also, try to stack up the Viridian jewels.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm using Poison SA. I put the non-channelling craft in to have mana for BR. I did that early on. I'll see if I have enough mana now. I bought a Darkscorn and did notice better damage. I'll try to craft an elder bow.

In all, I think I need to get used to PF flask playstyle. I'm used to panic spamming flasks which is probably not the wisest thing to do when I'm not res capped.
I would suggest for everyone who is struggling with DPS to try strength stacking version. Strength stacking just requires few items that are worth like 35c, and you will notice dps increase just with 300+ strength.

The thing with this build is that it requires significant investment to deal good dps. It wasnt hard to achieve in harvest, but it is much harder now. On the other hand strength stacking version offers pretty cheap alternative and much higher dps output early before you get like lvl 5 awakened chaos damage support.
Strength stacking also lowers inteligence requirement because we dont need awakened chaos damage anymore.

To get going with strength stacking you would need:
- Replica Alberon's Warpath Soldier Boots (around 5c atm)
- 2 inertia jewels (1c each atm)
- heavy belt with strength roll (total 70+ strenth)
- 100+ str amulet - can be astramentis, but i would suggest some rare amulet with some additional life and atleast one res

Biggest problem with switching i had with resistances, technically you can use flask for that, but i dropped that pretty fast and worked oud resistances on my gear (thats why in my opinion astramentis isnt the best option here).

Overall im sitting atm on 600 strength, and i can already say that the damage i have is comparable to damage i had in harvest with much better gear and leveled awakened chaos damage.

On the other hand, I was playing darkscorn + divine flesh combo last league, and i must say that it felt much more tanky than the rare bow without divine flesh option - i noticed that for example on shaper fight, his cold attacks seemed much more deadly than on divine flesh version - any suggestions how to improve this aspect ?
This is one aspect i've noticed as well, my defenses seem to be much higher than the strength version, or other people that seem to have issues with it. The version I'm playing (acrobatics) has no issues living. Ariane, also invest in a cinderswallow flask - 3% life every time you kill something is HUGE in clearing.
"
Slottm wrote:
This is one aspect i've noticed as well, my defenses seem to be much higher than the strength version, or other people that seem to have issues with it. The version I'm playing (acrobatics) has no issues living. Ariane, also invest in a cinderswallow flask - 3% life every time you kill something is HUGE in clearing.

But strength stacking or not is not the factor here. Its basically divine flesh vs non divine flesh. Im still playing acro/phase acro, with all the defence layers.
Just use flask with resistances suffix, +30.
I've been relying on one since like level 90 and didn't die once, its fully playable. Just not put it on alchemist's because then duration is little too short.
New player here. Loving the build so far but im having a hard time figuring out how you keep all your buffs up. HoA, Arctic Armor, Flesh & Stone and aspect of the spider. And what stance do i use? sand stance or blood stance?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info