[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
Hi all, new to build, thanks for the build guide, it's been super helpful and I love the build, crazy tanky and super fun playstyle. I have a random thought I wanted to share... Divine Flesh got nerfed from 10% max chaos to 5% max chaos, which I think is still OK but not exceptional. BUT, with divergent Plague Bearer giving .5% reduced chaos dmg per point of quality, I was wondering if we used Plague Bearer linked with a Lvl 4 Enhance giving it a total of 44% quality, or 22% chaos damage reduction, combined with 80% resists, I'm still fairly new so I don't know how that math works (my guess is X dmg*78%*20%) but it seems like it would = a crapload of ele dmg reduction. Is our primary focus to mitigate melee dmg, and thus rendering this a bit too cute? For what it's worth I have second wind/dash/blood rage/plague bearer linked in my boots, and I would move the blood rage to my portal slot and drop in enhance. Also, I should probably clarify that my understanding of plague bearer is that it is either in incubating or infecting, so if you just have it on and never use it, even if it's not longer generating plague value due to max, you have permanent chaos dmg reduction - this whole idea gets a lot worse if you have to be actively generated plague value. Funnily enough with anomalous second wind at 44% quality i think i would also have 5 dash charges, QOL baby!

To take it one step further, if you convert 9% of phys to ele with helm and another 20% with Taste of Hate flask, I think that means you push 29% of melee dmg through the divine flesh and thus this mitigation can be helpful for melee and ele dmg.

Curious to hear thoughts. Thanks for the time!

Before offering my thought, I'd like to friendly remind how our less damage taken defense works:

(this screenshot taken from my video guide)

As illustrated in the figure, the damage is mitigated, in this order, by:
1) Physical damage reduction (PDR) for physical damage; elemental/chaos resists for elemental/chaos damage.
2) Less damage taken (LDR), including sources of reduced damage taken.

Divine Flesh is an easy and straightforward way to build up your defense against elemental damage. With DF, 50% of incoming elemental damage is taken as chaos damage. So, it's easy to increase your practical elemental resists to 80% with 85-90% chaos resist. This has two problems with our build:

1) It imposes a large opportunity cost that you need to sacrifice in order to obtain Divine Flesh and 85%+ chaos resist. That cost includes 400-500 life, attack speed, chaos dot multi (from the viridian jewel), and 2-3 gems slots.

2) Having DF doesn't improve the overal defense because we have high LDR, which is applied on top of resists. We effectively have around 65-70% less damage taken for each of the elemental damage with the addition of Vinktar, Dying Sun, and Taste of Hate, and even higher if factoring in Immortal Call. Therefore, further 5% elemental resist by the virtue of DF increase will not change the equation. It even reduces the elemental mitigation effectiveness when immortal call is up.

Below is some stats taken from the build in previous league.

Note: in Harvest, we could easily craft phys damage taken as elemental damage on many gears. I don't think it is the case for Heist, so the actial physical damage taken number will be reduced a bit for this league.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 3, 2020, 9:45:45 PM
People in previous comments have mentioned that with the alternate quality of withering touch a 4-link on mirage archer would probably be enough to sustain withered stacks. I was wondering what people would suggest to make the most use out of the now freed up 6-link?

Thanks for the build and the details you provide each time. I did not find a section where it is explained or maybe I missed it, I wanted to know the choice of the pantheon which were the best talents to choose. Thank you
"
DrunkenImp wrote:
People in previous comments have mentioned that with the alternate quality of withering touch a 4-link on mirage archer would probably be enough to sustain withered stacks. I was wondering what people would suggest to make the most use out of the now freed up 6-link?

You can use utility gems here - dash/smoke mine, blood rage, immortal call linked up with duration, second wind and enhance supports.
<3 your build
killed first sirus a5
finally into the endgame.
why do we use added chaos damage support in blast rain setup? its not doing much dmg anyway, isnt there a better way to make stacking faster or something like this? i dont know if faster attack works for this?
"
Manaio wrote:

Thanks for the build and the details you provide each time. I did not find a section where it is explained or maybe I missed it, I wanted to know the choice of the pantheon which were the best talents to choose. Thank you

Major god is Solaris (prevent consecutive crit hits in short burst). Minor god is of your choice.
--
I've been trying to roll fortify effect on helmets, its real pita to get T1.. Since this mod doesn't have any tag, you can't target it with fossils either. Tried to go with greed essences (for guaranteed life prefix). I hit it once per 50-70 attempts.. and in ~300 didnt hit T1 single time :) good times.
"
aerial wrote:
I've been trying to roll fortify effect on helmets, its real pita to get T1.. Since this mod doesn't have any tag, you can't target it with fossils either. Tried to go with greed essences (for guaranteed life prefix). I hit it once per 50-70 attempts.. and in ~300 didnt hit T1 single time :) good times.

Sorry for such bad luck. How about alt spam into T1 Fortify and multi-mod adding 70 life and increased ailment while focus?
Edit: multi-mod 2 mods not 3.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 4, 2020, 5:26:06 PM
Or if you are more adventurous: alt spam + aug until T1 Fortify and T4+ Life (~2000 alt as simulated by Craft of Exile). Regal hoping for 2 open suffixes. Then multi-mod adding:
+ Increased ailment duration while focused.
+ 12% additional physical damage reduction while focused, or: 8% phys damage taken as fire.

--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 4, 2020, 5:26:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info