[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Let me know how it goes with the helmet, that's probably the next thing I'll work on.
"
malgav wrote:
why do we use added chaos damage support in blast rain setup? its not doing much dmg anyway, isnt there a better way to make stacking faster or something like this? i dont know if faster attack works for this?

Blast Rain is a nice damage dealer at the end game for me. BR fires projectiles over obstacles, so you have a secondary source of damage that inflicts poison non-stop during its course.

Btw, I wonder if you are using an Elder bow or a Darkscorn. If you are using Darkscorn, 100% phys convert to fire, you are dealing little chaos damage with Blast Rain while an Elder bow, which should have good flat chaos, allows you to stack up poison with awake added chaos. Of course, it will need other stuffs to scale the poison damage, but that's the main idea. I would often get 3mil BR DPS at the late game. Since MiA deals ~28% DPS, it'd be more than 1mil reliable DPS from BR-MiA.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
aerial, how do you think of speccing to Utmost Might instead of anointing it? Then you can have Hardened Scars, and even grab the Fortify wheel for DPS + defense. I just play around your PoB a little bit: https://pastebin.com/ymvxNhMV

"
aerial wrote:
I've been trying to roll fortify effect on helmets, its real pita to get T1.. Since this mod doesn't have any tag, you can't target it with fossils either. Tried to go with greed essences (for guaranteed life prefix). I hit it once per 50-70 attempts.. and in ~300 didnt hit T1 single time :) good times.
--
Thanks a ton for making this build, am having a lot of fun with it! Apologize if you've answered this already but I'm having some trouble getting all the auras equiped, is there some reduced mana reservation or something that I'm missing? advice?
"
WolfieNa wrote:
aerial, how do you think of speccing to Utmost Might instead of anointing it? Then you can have Hardened Scars, and even grab the Fortify wheel for DPS + defense. I just play around your PoB a little bit: https://pastebin.com/ymvxNhMV

I was thinking about it.
I think first it is important to properly value fortify effect. While it is good, don't get me wrong, it is not that crazy of a mod, to sacrifice too much in order to get it. Fortify is 20% reduction to all damage (except dot). 10% effect of that is 2% less damage. Nice but it could easily be mitigated by having chunk more life. If we count 5000 life as baseline, 2% is only 100 total life.. So on tree one 5% life node adds about as much, or flat 40 life on items.
So if you make passive tree modification, and lose let's say 500 life, that is technically worth as much as 50% fortify effect, in terms of effective health pool it protects. You could also argue that life is better because it also counts vs dot damage. It is easy to get carried away pursuing some stat on the tree or within the itemization, to forget how much is it really worth for the build.
Also little pointer, in your example tree, you left out jewel slot on top of the tree, that has lethal pride (costs 3 points), that one is huge for the build and must be used.

As for going with passives points in area of utmost might, it is very tempting to just grab blood magic there, solves mana problems, allows us to use any chest piece we want, including all uniques. If you grab malevolence + supreme ego, damage is even higher with this setup. But we lose arctic armour + flesh and stone + precision (not counting HOAG because damage is more than compensated from malevolence). So for this to make sense, chest piece would have to mitigate loss of two defensive auras. There is merit to some debate, for example something like brass dome (with pathin through IR), tons of armor for mitigation and immunity to crits, can go long way. But I don't know, just speculating.
interesting build
"
Macfleurry1 wrote:
Thanks a ton for making this build, am having a lot of fun with it! Apologize if you've answered this already but I'm having some trouble getting all the auras equiped, is there some reduced mana reservation or something that I'm missing? advice?

You need a level-3 Enlighten with Arcane Chemistry, or a level-4 enlighten without Arcane Chem. There're some configuration for the aura gems being discussed in our thread so far:

The original setup:
Flesh & Stone - Arctic Armor - HoAgony - Aspect of Spiders - Enlighten.
Malevolence (free reserv with Aul's Uprising amulet).
Malev should be paired with a watcher eye that grants 22% DoT multi.

The Envy setup:
Arctic Armor - HoAgony - Malev - Enlighten.
Envy (free reserv with Aul's).
(May want to grab Silent Steps to blind on hit).
Malev should be paired with a watcher eye that grants 22% DoT multi.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 5, 2020, 11:03:42 AM
Absolutly Great Build.
Nice Defens and Really nice Dmg.
Great Work !!

But i Tryed the Str Stacking.
And it Obliterates absolut everything.
The only Prob with it was the missing accuracy.

But with this Helmet i gain 1000acc +
Absolut nice Mod.

This is my current gear and ive now only gotten into doing tier 10 maps what should be my focus now to get since im kinda lost on the build ive taken the iron reflex route on pob
i dont have massive currency and im just building up Thanks for all advice!
I've been playing few days without fortify, because I swapped bunch of amulets and accidently used wrong one :) but because of all this aura clutter I didn't even notice.. For normal T16 content, corrupted sextanted maps, you don't even need it turns out, I wasn't even close to dying.

Swapped some items, broke 20m in pob:

Thats with fortify and decent mitigation (also got 5% inc phys to lightning on helm). No fortify effect on gear though, only 10% from timeless jewel, so 21% reduced damage. Only 1 awakened gem in the setup (unboud ailments since this one grants best boost).
Note that gear isn't anything crazy, this could go way higher, things like -9 chaos res on helm is pretty massive for example.

Btw if you are around Utmost Might node in the tree, grab life wheel near it, you are very close to notable called Steadfast, the other fortify wheel. For 5 points we get 25% fortify effect and +10 while stationary (so total of +35%. That is tempting.

Also another little tweak that can be done, but it is not going to be cheap, some ppl on poe ninja are using it. You could use Maloney's Mechanism quiver, to proc 2nd 20/20 curse, and that is comparable dps boost to very good rare quiver. In addition you can make it proc curse with frenzy skill, to auto generate frenzy charges vs boss, each hit will generate 1 charge, which means easy 100% uptime. Only drawback is proce, quiver + awakened hextouch. But good high dot multi quivers are also very expensive so this could be an option.
Last edited by aerial on Oct 5, 2020, 5:21:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info