Poll: Do you want an instant buyout for the Trade Market? Let your voice be heard!

"
No, the lack of instant buyout is the whole resaon I love the trading on console waaaaay more then on PC. I can haggle on Console, I can go to bed, wake up and see offers in a msg box on console. I can put in offers and have the reverse happen, it's great and i want to it come to PC. I hate the fact that people wont haggle on PC, it's so impersonal.

Stop being impatient and relax a little.

Post with your console account. Thanks
[Removed by Support]
"
Auradinho wrote:
"
No, the lack of instant buyout is the whole resaon I love the trading on console waaaaay more then on PC. I can haggle on Console, I can go to bed, wake up and see offers in a msg box on console. I can put in offers and have the reverse happen, it's great and i want to it come to PC. I hate the fact that people wont haggle on PC, it's so impersonal.

Post with your console account. Thanks

why am i wasting time doing this?

Edit: nvm. I re-read the first post. Next time mention the reason why though. it's leads to passive aggressive behavior on both sides.
Last edited by Insanity_Pilgrim on Apr 28, 2020, 12:33:39 PM
"

Totally disagree. I want to get what I need and continue playing the game. I don’t care to play the market.

I would be fine with a “send offer” type of listing, but if a seller says 2ex and I send 2ex then that should complete the transaction. As in life, the ease should be to the customer (buyer).
"
Insanity_Pilgrim wrote:

I get where you are coming from, but that doesn't respect either players time and effort to gain currency. We all don't live in the same time zones or have the same amount of free time. (Also, to show up as an offer by default you have to be online to show up and you're sleeping on a trade causes delays to make profit or get materials as well.)

As someone who both plays PC and Console, PC already does this pretty much. Any person who is looking at tips, new or old, know that time is money.

Also, PC has a negotiate option as well as a set price. The real question is why not both? Just like PC. We're missing entire options all together.
"
cooler_101 wrote:
"
Insanity_Pilgrim wrote:

I get where you are coming from, but that doesn't respect either players time and effort to gain currency. We all don't live in the same time zones or have the same amount of free time. (Also, to show up as an offer by default you have to be online to show up and you're sleeping on a trade causes delays to make profit or get materials as well.)

As someone who both plays PC and Console, PC already does this pretty much. Any person who is looking at tips, new or old, know that time is money.

Also, PC has a negotiate option as well as a set price. The real question is why not both? Just like PC. We're missing entire options all together.

Don't bother arguing. 99% of People who don't want buyouts are pricefixers or they are online 24/7 and want to become rich.

For the average player who plays 1 to 3 hours a day no buyout is a total waste of time.
[Removed by Support]
Such a bold statement, who doesn't agree with you is a price fixer or a no-life, how mature.
I'm not a price fixer neither I'm online h24 having a full time job, but still I'm against the buyout lol.

It's actually hilarious how people on pc would love to have console market system (which is basically an Auction House) and how people on consoles seems to love having to open an external website, contact the seller, wait for invitation, going in that person hideout and risking being scammed like dozens of player on pc EVERYDAY do, whining then on forum for it.

There's a reason why on pc GGG won't implement a system like we have on consoles (with 100.000 players and 2000 bots devaluating every item people would pretty much gear up in 2 days and get bored consequentially).
And there's a reason why on Consoles GGG won't implement such a clunky market system cause with a much smaller community the game would become pretty much SSF.

Luckily they won't listen to this kind of topic or poll, kind of.

Ps.
Yes consoles would need some improvement to the market system, specifically anonimity and black list, which would be more than enough to fix all market problems).
Last edited by Asra101010 on Apr 29, 2020, 8:27:33 PM
"
Asra101010 wrote:
Such a bold statement, who doesn't agree with you is a price fixer or a no-life, how mature.
I'm not a price fixer neither I'm online h24 having a full time job, but still I'm against the buyout lol.

It's actually hilarious how people on pc would love to have console market system (which is basically an Auction House) and how people on consoles seems to love having to open an external website, contact the seller, wait for invitation, going in that person hideout and risking being scammed like dozens of player on pc EVERYDAY do, whining then on forum for it.

There's a reason why on pc GGG won't implement a system like we have on consoles (with 100.000 players and 2000 bots devaluating every item people would pretty much gear up in 2 days and get bored consequentially).
And there's a reason why on Consoles GGG won't implement such a clunky market system cause with a much smaller community the game would become pretty much SSF.

Luckily they won't listen to this kind of topic or poll, kind of.

Ps.
Yes consoles would need some improvement to the market system, specifically anonimity and black list, which would be more than enough to fix all market problems).

Still haven't seen a good argument against a buyout. Your argument 'items becoming legacy' this can easily be fixed by automatically removing the buy out price of every item on the market 1 week before a league reset (or atleast before the patch notes announcement)

So what's your argument?

"
Asra101010 wrote:

Noone wants an external website. We just want a trade market that actually works with a buyout. Also I don't see what PC players supposedly want and how people are getting scammed is relevant to this discussion.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Auradinho on Apr 30, 2020, 2:30:29 AM
I've already listed few reason why I'm against, but probably you missed it.

1) legacy items like you just mentioned (I know it's a problem of a very little part of an already little community, but still)
2) I often sell stuff I have in my stash tabs since months (again smaller community means also that even a perfect item can take months to get offers). In those months that same item can have it's price goes up (or down) accordingly to multiple factors. Despite the fact that if I price an item I usually sell it for the asking price no matter what happened (I've sold a Memory Vault for 2 ex a few weeks ago even if now it's price is much higher because I didn't want to reject an offer that match my asking price (I just forgot to adjust its price when Elder became rarer). With that being said I don't want to be forced to do that. It must be my own choice.
3) every stackable item will be a problem with instant buyout, because it's common to stash something (oils, cards, currencies) ending up being forced selling 2 golden oils at the price of one.
4) it can happen that I price an item for 1 chaos instead of 1 ex, don't want to be punished for that. When it happens and I get an offer I usually send a msg saying "sorry wrong price I meant 1 ex" and offer the item for half that price.

And many other reasons I have no time now to think about.

But probably the biggest reason is that 99% of the market problems could be fixed just with anonimity and black list, while buyout could fix a few problems crating new ones. It seems to me that most people would like to have buyouts mostly because of price fixers. Don't you think that being able to know their Username and being able to put them in a black list would fix it? Am I wrong?
So it's just because my rational approach to problems I guess.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Apr 30, 2020, 3:31:14 AM
"
Asra101010 wrote:

Tradeboard is no auction house, its far from it. Its just a digital anonymous flee market. And with all those public tabs its more like a junkyard, where a few items have price tags, even if they are not for sale and even if you want to buy an item, many times you cannot even reach the seller in an appropriate time.

An auction house would be a committed sale. You give the item out of your control for a min auction price or a buyout, but you cannot step back. That is what people are asking, if we have to spend hours to look though all the junk, then make buying simple as its also stated in their trade manifesto. Hard to find, easy to purchase, which is just not the case.

And again, the chinese tradeboard on PC has the buyout option, so this whole discussion is not pointless as it already exists exactly in the state as people are requesting.

I'll weigh in here, neither for or against instant-buy but the problem with PS market is greed pricing. Try to buy a helmet with cyclone implicit mod on PC that you can get for 10 chaos, on PS4 the cheapest one listed is 5 Exalt. Same goes for Awakening gems - couple exalt on PC. 15 exalts on PS4?!?! I get it, most people who play this game aren't very wordly in how markets work but your item prices need to be based somewhere in reality. I also get console is a smaller community so some price exaggeration is expected but the people that list things for 25-50x what you can find on PC....YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! Instant buyout might help with this because it would theoretically lead to more competitive pricing. The only thing PS4 market encourages now are group farming parties and it's disgusting to me.
Last edited by lil_Rones on Apr 30, 2020, 7:42:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info