[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I did 2x Zana quest and twice in a row he had Cortex for me. First one got gloves, second:

Me happy :)
Zealotry is definitely worse than Hatred, but if you can get a double or even triple mod eye for Zealotry mods, it is worth making the switch.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 15, 2021, 4:42:43 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
I don't think pure ES will work, but some ES is fine:

I'm ~3800 life and ~1500 ES. I haven't looked at using a staff, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. The main drawback is that it's nice to have a cast trigger and/or projectile speed, which would effectively have double the opportunity cost with a staff.

Perhaps 6 link hextouch is nice though, or there's something smarter to do there. Triple curse perhaps?

Edit: You can get +5 cold spell skill gems, 38% cast speed, > 200% crit chance, > 150% cold damage, and > 35% crit multi on one staff, though it may not really be enough.

Cool, i have that same gear on my coc ice nova. I guess ill use it.

Yes we had the same idea. I was thinking of a 6l curse. Probably frostbite and snipers mark with aw hextouch suplorted by bonechill and arcane surge. Still picking the skill to use, probably creeping frost/cold snap. Also having an ele weakness magic ring if i have the +1 curse annoint for tri curse

I asked about staff because i saw a syntheszed implicit "spells have a chance to deal double dmg" up to 18% and i hope i could benefit from it. Does totems do? Its my firs time doing totems in general. Also a wand with +1 spells and +1 cold spells are weirdly pricey so i wanted a work around or do my own version of the build at least

Also, is zealotry worth it to have to reserve mana? Or just hatred in the essence worm is fine? How much mana sjould i look for unreserved?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by GamingCaterino on Feb 15, 2021, 5:12:34 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Zealotry is definitely worse than Hatred, but if you can get a double or even triple mod eye for Zealotry mods, it is worth making the switch.

ok, i will see, but from the 3 useful zealotry mods only the "penetrate on crit" and maybe the cast speed mod seem to be worth it.

.. okay maybe these two together with precision multi as 3rd mod might offset replacing the complete hatred aura, but i guess i have to check with pob before making an expensive error :D
"
Also, is zealotry worth it to have to reserve mana? Or just hatred in the essence worm is fine? How much mana sjould i look for unreserved?

As we use Mind Over Matter, we also use Clear Mind until we're quite far advanced and can get a better DPS jewel. You want Zealotry OR Hatred rather than both, even with that jewel, as we pay too high an eHP price. Hatred is better in every respect except Watcher's Eye prices.

I have better DPS jewels than Clear Mind, so I reserve a little mana with Precision. It gives a small DPS boost in itself, but also allows me to run a triple mod Watcher's Eye. It's not worth using until you're into that level of gear though.

If you use Atziri's Reflection, you can use two Essence Worm rings instead, so you're back into using double auras - or in my case, triple.

"
I asked about staff because i saw a syntheszed implicit "spells have a chance to deal double dmg" up to 18% and i hope i could benefit from it. Does totems do?

I don't see why that wouldn't work with totems, though I'm not really the guy for the ins and outs of game mechanics.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 16, 2021, 1:33:35 AM
I now switched to Hydrosphere-Hextouch. Thats so much nicer to play than the piano :)

Thanks for the inspiration NoImagination!
Hurrah, 100!

"
MasterLoki666 wrote:
Hi since i read it a few pages ago and there was no answer given.

For Doedre in Sepulchre

(...)

For Burtok in Necropolis

Thanks for the help, done them now. For anyone trying Burtok - remove multiple totems from your 6 link or you aren't replacing your FP totems with bleed ones.

"
MADofVie wrote:
I now switched to Hydrosphere-Hextouch. Thats so much nicer to play than the piano :)

Thanks for the inspiration NoImagination!

You're welcome!
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 16, 2021, 4:09:49 AM
What is better in terms of DPS increase:

On a wand, what is better:
100% increased cold or spell damage

Or

1+cold spell skill gems AND 1+ Spell Skill gems
So in essence +2 to Hatred & Freezing Pulse

All other mods on wand are exactly the same. I am hoping it is the two spell rolls because it provides a boost to the flat damage of Freezing Pulse and 1% more damage on Hatred.

Don't trust my POB results as it shows no change which I do not believe would be the case.

Also in terms of extra damage, I assume 'flat damage to spells' is worse than 'gain 10% cold damage as extra chaos damage'?
recently crafted

The shield in particular is a great DPS boost, since it adds +1 to max totems
You can craft a similar one pretty easily:

1 - Get a Shaper shield, ilvl 70-71 (to block most cold mods from appearing) and chaos spam until you get +1 to max totems
2 - Get another shield, this time a Redeemer one with +2 to minimum frenzy charges
3 - Mix em up with an awakener's orb, delete any unwanted mods with harvest (mana/reduced attr/int are left to luck since they don't have harvest-able tags)
4 - Aug crit, will get crit chance to spells
5 - Craft something to block a possible cold suffix, you may craft % to dd here
6 - Aug life, to leave a single prefix slot
7 - Augment cold, if you don't get +1 to cold skills spam remove/add cold until you get it (this is why we lowered the ilvl, should be easy to get the +1 since there are very few mods left)
8 - if you got es/life hybrid in step 6 now you can rem/add life until you get a good mod (i'm stuck here, harvest crafts in std are expensive)

I have 6.5M shaper DPS per totem, 5 totems + 2 frost bomb totems + arcanist brand triggering curses and arcane surge making it an easy to deploy boss setup
the only legacy item i have is a watcher's eye with precision 49% multiplier, i'm sure you can get even more dps with a double hatred/hatred+precision in league.
Last edited by KekuLiao on Feb 16, 2021, 7:23:24 AM
Thanks for the steps. Also where can i get my dex? Is brutal restraint mandatory? Its so hard to get dex :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info