[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
MasterLoki666 wrote:
For Doedre in Sepulchre

Buy yourself a lvl 1 Ice Nova and Concentrated Effect Gem at the NPC

At the fight drop 1 Totem till the boss is lowlife, either switch the gems (Freezing Pulse and Controlled Destruction out) infight or if you die at your hideout. Go back in let the stone debuffs stack to 5, put down the new totems in the middle and then kill him.

For Burtok in Necropolis

Get a second Weapon with 3-4 (3r-1g) linked Sockets and put in Ancestral Warchief, Chance to Bleed, Increased Duration and optional Faster Attacks.

Go to the Bossroom and drop Freezing Pulse Totem and get him down alot, then switch to second Setup drop down Ancestral Warchief and get the bleed on the Boss going. When you get in the Boneprison pop defensive and offensive Flasks switch setup and burst him down before you die.

I recommend running both Maps without Mods to make your life easier.

Nice, thanks! I've been ignoring that challenge while I get to 100, but will have a go at it tomorrow.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 15, 2021, 12:38:52 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to ask. Hows the survivability of this build? Can it take some big hits or do we need to place the totems and run around trying to evade everything. Thanks for the answers!
It isn't a tank build, but you can realistically get to 8k eHP, some block, etc. The main defence is indeed killing everything though.
"
Utilittis wrote:
Hey guys, just wanted to ask. Hows the survivability of this build? Can it take some big hits or do we need to place the totems and run around trying to evade everything. Thanks for the answers!

You kill / freeze anything before it hits you, thats the goal.

Works quite well, i am at 8-9k EHP and only die mostly because lazy ( = running in front of the totems ... ). But no, this is no build that can "take big hits" as we do not have much dps reduction or something ( well, 4 endurance charges permanent up ), but yes, we primarily rely on GGG´s todays mantra:

KILL THEM BEFORE THEY CAN EVEN HIT YOU!

As this works quite well with all the chill and freeze and "corpse destruction" using the right playstyle you can level really good - some side effects i observed ;) ... sometimes annoyingly freezing "Phased" bosses in place between the phases, but these are minor problems.

I am like 170k Hideout dps with just hatred active, and anything dies fast ( t16 bosses are a joke, guardians no problem ... Sirus done until 7 now ... yes, its Sirus, so you will die for no reason if you - like me - are not the fastest reacting guy ... but hey, at least from DPS point of view this fight is easy as well at this point ).

Did not do the Maven fight yet, but two of these "10 boss maven encounters" and they where a joke.

And in the end to add this :
my dps is not even close to max, some ppl here run around with 300k+ hideout screen dps lul ( i currently wonder how to increase my dps, i guess +1 / +2 soul mantle is next ).
Last edited by bex_HB on Feb 15, 2021, 2:30:47 PM
Yeh, Maven isn't a problem. Incidentally, a Sirus tip: when he lands, place your totems in a triangle around him. Then you can easily locate him when he teleports, and move towards him and thus out of danger.

Upgrades: corrupted soul mantle, as you say. Double mod Watcher's Eye might be easier to get to if you use Precision aura at level 1 too. Spell damage on gloves is possible. Awakened cold penetration, and 21/23 DPS gems will help. +2 gem amulet.

Hideout DPS: 456k :)

Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 15, 2021, 2:52:37 PM
Yeah well ... 35Ex for hatred crit and precision crit-multi Eye ... ouch :D

All upgrades as this point seem to be expensive af ... maybe i should try and upgrade my trigger wand as that one does not have really good tiers of dps mods.

2/3 of the gems i will update for sure, yes. Still rolling brutal restraint as well as 1 or 2 more mods still can be dps, while i already have +8k on top of the formerly used clear mind i replaced.
Well, if it helps, the only upgrades on the market for me (I think?) are > 100ex wands!

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/rlLr4LgSQ you should be able to get a double mod Eye for < 20ex if you wait around a while.
ok, interesting, did not check that combination, as i currently run a critchance-mod on hatred eye.

the question is if the % cold dps is better than the raw ( max 2% ) crit addition.
It's not looking at a specific combination, rather it's looking for two mods from the hatred + precision ones. You could try a similar one with Zealotry mods instead of Hatred ones. The only real way to tell which work is via POB (or buying one blind I guess), but it's likely that all double mod eyes are better than all single mod eyes, assuming median rolls.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 15, 2021, 4:06:56 PM
ok, i guess i will try getting pob set up correctly for my build to check first :-)

zealotry .. well, i would have to replace hatred then i guess ( i do not run dual curse ), and not sure if zealotry is better than hatred, i guess not :D

anyway, thanks for your ideas, appreciate that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info