[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hi,

Thanks to the creator of the build, enjoying it. Have a problem though. Switched from the no cluster version to using clusters. And now I seem to die quite alot. If anyone could point out what I should be focusing on upgrading I would be really thankfull. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
It has been a couple of weeks since I asked for direction on my FP guy here and since then he has become my highest level character and furthest advanced character in any league (I am a n00b, but still...)

Level 95 now, Shaper down (first ever attempt), Maven down, A8 Sirus and more. Loving it. Somehow, I have amassed approx 22ex (again, a highest ever for me - lol) and looking for advice on what to upgrade next as spending multiple ex at a time is a foreign concept to me!

Interested in what kind of order I should be approaching upgrading things.
My Watchers Eye right now is only a single Hatred version, so presuming I should be looking for a Hatred/Hatred or a Hatred/Precision one.

Waiting on a Harvest pop that will let me aug something good onto the current boots

2nd wand needs an increased elemental damage per quality %, instead of the AoE it came with

I would love to be able to reroll my magic ring to get a good chaos resist as well as T1 life (chaos res is currently -17% I think)

Switch my 2nd medium cluster to Master of Fear / Wish for Death? (It is currently Ancestral Inspiration / Ancestral Reach)

What do I start spending the big(ger) bucks on?

Current hideout tooltip for FP is 156k (standing still, just Hatred and Precision up)
Life - 4,291
Shield - 895
Mana - 1,992 / 2,252 (260 reserved)
Last edited by Raykyre on Feb 16, 2021, 10:36:39 PM
for end game, is it fine to drop Multiple totems on the 6l and add something like inc crit chance?
Last edited by GamingCaterino on Feb 17, 2021, 4:05:33 AM
"
Mentalmike wrote:
On a wand, what is better:
100% increased cold or spell damage

Or

1+cold spell skill gems AND 1+ Spell Skill gems
So in essence +2 to Hatred & Freezing Pulse

Also in terms of extra damage, I assume 'flat damage to spells' is worse than 'gain 10% cold damage as extra chaos damage'?

+1 gems is the best DPS mod for us. But really, you need POB to do this properly, as it depends on the rest of your build. If you make a new build in POB then import your character, wiping any tree or items already there, it may fix the problem.

"
Thanks for the steps. Also where can i get my dex? Is brutal restraint mandatory? Its so hard to get dex :(

I got most of it from gloves, you can get 60 there if need be. You can also get dex from Coordination and from Precision nodes on the tree.

"
kapefyra wrote:
Thanks to the creator of the build, enjoying it. Have a problem though. Switched from the no cluster version to using clusters. And now I seem to die quite alot. If anyone could point out what I should be focusing on upgrading I would be really thankfull. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You only need one life flask, and no mana flasks. Once you're at around 7.5-8k eHP, you just want to concentrate on DPS.

Boot enchant is quite helpful. If you worry about being hit removing your mana, you can get regen as an enchant here.

21/23 Freezing Pulse is a good boost. You may as well corrupt your 20/20 gems because sometimes you hit 21/20. Losing a level isn't a big deal, you can get it back quite soon.

Your magic ring sucks. Get resists/dex/life on it, you can still get two tier 1 mods on it.

You have 3 DPS mods on your off-hand wand, you should aim for 6.

You don't have a way to apply a 2nd curse, so the curse cluster jewel isn't very valuable yet. Awakened hextoutch or Whispers of Doom anoint will help.

And a Watchers Eye is useful. It gives you life/ES/mana as well as damage.

"
Raykyre wrote:
Interested in what kind of order I should be approaching upgrading things.

(...)

Current hideout tooltip for FP is 156k (standing still, just Hatred and Precision up)
Life - 4,291
Shield - 895
Mana - 1,992 / 2,252 (260 reserved)

It will help a lot to boost your mana. You're on ~7.2k eHP right now, but you can drop some life nodes to get mana nodes and gain eHP for free. Something like 8k eHP is all you'll need for all content.

For example, drop the 2x 5% nodes at the end of Blood Siphon and Cruel Preparation. Then you can take Deep Thoughts - you want 3:2 life:mana. Another route would be to drop the Melding passives entirely - I even dropped the Quick Recovery ones too. Until you're comfortably getting 3:2, you may as well keep Precision at level 1.

I know you want to improve them, but your boots kind of suck right now. Better to just go spend a couple of ex on 35%/70 life/100 resist boots and work from there.

You can get 21/23 on a couple of your DPS jewels. A 2nd mod Eye is good of course. Curse cluster jewel is also very good as you can cast two right now.

"
for end game, is it fine to drop Multiple totems on the 6l and add something like inc crit chance?

I imagine empower works best if you're all the way into endgame gear, crit chance is already high. But, you'd need a DPS support to be equal to 1/3 damage, and none go that high.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 17, 2021, 5:36:29 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:

I know you want to improve them, but your boots kind of suck right now. Better to just go spend a couple of ex on 35%/70 life/100 resist boots and work from there.

This is exactly the kind of second set of eyes / opinion I was after, thank you!
Fucking great guide. Thx so much
Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for the guide. It was alot of help since I just came back recently after quitting in the middle f Blight league. I just wanted some advice since I'm having some difficulty in red maps.

https://pastebin.com/agzSPbBM

Yep, alot of stuff needs improvement and I'm still working on the last ascendancy. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!
Any BiS Setup for level 95 with Viridis Veil?
^^ The op's ritual league build is pretty good if you want to check that out.

"
NoImagination wrote:

I imagine empower works best if you're all the way into endgame gear, crit chance is already high. But, you'd need a DPS support to be equal to 1/3 damage, and none go that high.

I figured yea. But now I tried swapping multiple totems with Awakened Elemental Focus lvl 1 and gave me +700k damage on pob a little better than a +4 empower . I guess I could swap to it when bossing?

Ill be getting my chill from storm brand 6l double curse setup with bonechill since we have the cluster that shock>chill chill>shock. Im using a % chance double dmg syntheszed staff with +2 spell +2 cold.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info