[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
XxHeartxX wrote:
I am running whispers of doom with snipers, tho I guess if I go this route its triple cursing. The exposure doesn't stack? I thought the exposure from hydroshere was a new debuff called "drenched"

It just says "cold exposure applies -25% cold resistance" so I would have thought it didn't stack, just replaces.

Thats on frost bomb, hydrosphere says "drenched enemies have cold and lighting exposure, applying -10% to resistances". But I think since both are categorized as exposure it might overwrite.
Last edited by XxHeartxX on Feb 12, 2021, 11:43:34 AM
So it is! I don't think it matters a lot that they don't stack though, frost bomb is greater AOE and Hydrosphere is for the bosses.
"
NoImagination wrote:
So it is! I don't think it matters a lot that they don't stack though, frost bomb is greater AOE and Hydrosphere is for the bosses.

Wait why is it good for bosses? I thought you were using it as an alternative to storm brand for hextouch, is there some mechanic with it that helps with single target dps?
I've not tried storm brand, I imagine it's not much different. Repeated hits in a relatively small area, and most bosses stay in a relatively small area.
We were chatting a bit on Wallach's stream about it -- it looks like there's a nasty crash-to-desktop bug with Hierophant(?) Totems(?) that a few of us leveling this build up have been running into.

Anyone been able to figure out what exactly causes it?

There's some info here but it's not much:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3049202

I basically crash-to-desktop every single map, basically every 2-3 minutes. I'm almost at Act X Kitava but it's been a horrible experience the last couple days going through the acts.

Here are my gem links leveling up:

HFT + Infused Channelling + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction
WoC + Spell Totem + Multiple Totems + Combustion
Flammability + Inc. Duration + Spell Cascade + Arcane Surge
CWDT + Steelskin

I'm going to try to switch to FP totems ASAP so I guess mostly just a heads-up to anyone leveling this build fresh... it's very frustrating right now. ):
Hello,

Can I get someone to take a look at my guy and let me their opinion on what I should be upgrading next? I am at level 91 and seemed to be stalled in reaching 92. I will get close and then loose some ground due to a death. I currently have just 4k life, but can't see what else I can do to raise that. I am guessing that my wands are a little lacking (75K in hideout dps with hatred), but just not sure. As a side not I only have around 1.5ex to spend.
Last edited by Skua99 on Feb 13, 2021, 5:53:45 PM
"
Orbu wrote:
We were chatting a bit on Wallach's stream about it -- it looks like there's a nasty crash-to-desktop bug with Hierophant(?) Totems(?) that a few of us leveling this build up have been running into.

Anyone been able to figure out what exactly causes it?

There's some info here but it's not much:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3049202

I basically crash-to-desktop every single map, basically every 2-3 minutes. I'm almost at Act X Kitava but it's been a horrible experience the last couple days going through the acts.

Here are my gem links leveling up:

HFT + Infused Channelling + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction
WoC + Spell Totem + Multiple Totems + Combustion
Flammability + Inc. Duration + Spell Cascade + Arcane Surge
CWDT + Steelskin

I'm going to try to switch to FP totems ASAP so I guess mostly just a heads-up to anyone leveling this build fresh... it's very frustrating right now. ):

Try turning off sound reverb (Options --> Sound --> Reverb enabled). I went from 1 crash every couple of hours to zero crashes once I turned it off.
Ok so Im atm lvl 96 and I had plans for upgrading alot of items and craft some stuff with harvest (like boots, gloves, wands, better rolled timeless, fixing lightning res so I could annoint amulet with whispers of doom for double curse etc).

But I had so bad luck with harvest that I did not get even 1 crafting option I needed and I could not be bothered with the TFT discord. To sum it up my gear is not optimized and theres alot of upgrades I could make.

But this build is just awesome and basically can do everything in game with my current items.
Was using Ice Spear on my first Sirus kills but FP totems now have so much damage that I dont even bother anymore to switch gems and jewel.
I started invitations as white because was scared to fail them. But they were easy so I just started doing them rare.
I heard breachlords were second hardest, did them deathless. Did not get Cortex yet.

Then I went into Maven fight blindly without watching guides. Some stuff was easy to figure out like running to the edge to avoid those circle or moving between lasers but half the time I did not know what was going on and died few times (after the fight I checked some guides and I died mostly to the memory game).
Anyway I killed her with 0 portals left on my first attempt and got:

TLDR:
This build is awesome.
Fun to play and strong.
Can do everything in the game.
I would like to see faces of the people who were screaming "build dead, fuk GGG" just because they removed the double totem ascendancy.
Last edited by Asag on Feb 13, 2021, 5:21:04 PM
"
GrimzEcho wrote:

Try turning off sound reverb (Options --> Sound --> Reverb enabled). I went from 1 crash every couple of hours to zero crashes once I turned it off.

I just double checked and it's already turned off but thanks for the suggestion!
I have some Brutal Restraints available for sale. I used around 100 Divines. All of these are a DPS increase over Clear Mind for my build. How much of a DPS increase you get will depend on how much existing flat %, flat cold damage, etc you already have.

Search Filter https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/PJbakGDhL

Try and message me in-game if you want to buy. You can PM me on the forum to set up a time (I'm in the U.S. and play evenings/weekends). I can stream if needed. You can also buy the jewel, try it out, and if it doesn't help you, return it.

All of the listed mods assume that you are taking the 8 notables in the top-right area of the skill tree. The last mod (9th) shows the effect the jewel has on the "Lord of the Dead" notable. It can be worth spending a point on this if the jewel gives you something good.

3.5ex - Brutal Restraint 7259

- 10% increased Duration of Elemental Ailments
- 20% increased Elemental Damage
- 5% increased Global Accuracy Rating
- 10% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras
- Posions you inflict deal Damage 10% faster
- 20% Increased Damage wiht Posion
- (5% increased Attack and Cast Speed)

2.5ex - Brutall Restraint 4826

- 20% Projectile