[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Okay I tried Hadc crafting of a wand. ran out of essences but had loads of Alts so was just spamming for fun and hit this:

Not quite sure what to do with it lol. I could just bench multimod it with spell damage and cold dot? It actually gives a not bad wand which would give me 1.3m more dps (can't complain there!) for about 3ex. the base only cost 25c so I didn't expect a lot I guess. (and I learnt more about item level being important for bench crafts!!)

Or should I be doing something else to max it? Any way to get the spell damage on there easily?

Sell it and get another base maybe?

I think 3ex for the multimod is probably worthwhile even though it wouldn't be a min/max wand.
Last edited by kingkano on Mar 17, 2022, 7:17:23 PM
"
kingkano wrote:
Okay I tried Hadc crafting of a wand. ran out of essences but had loads of Alts so was just spamming for fun and hit this:

Not quite sure what to do with it lol. I could just bench multimod it with spell damage and cold dot? It actually gives a not bad wand which would give me 1.3m more dps (can't complain there!) for about 3ex. the base only cost 25c so I didn't expect a lot I guess. (and I learnt more about item level being important for bench crafts!!)

Or should I be doing something else to max it? Any way to get the spell damage on there easily?

I think 3ex for the multimod is probably worthwhile even though it wouldn't be a min/max wand.

If you have currency I’d say buy essence of woe and spam! But if you’re tied for currency then it’ll be regal (need to do prefix can't be changed and scour if you hit suffix) then multimod with %spell dmg and % cold dot multi. You’ll have one prefix open for whatever fancy thing you want to try (Leo Slam, exalt slam etc).

If you have currency but don't want to continue spamming essence then you can try regal and Aisling for something nice before multimod. Might be expensive though because you can't imprint fractured item.
Last edited by hadc on Mar 17, 2022, 8:18:46 PM
Bane: One click to immediately apply all linked Hexes in a pretty large area. Useful if you're applying more than one Hex that way, and if you scale either chaos damage or damage over time. Doesn't apply marks.

Arcanist Brand: Casts supported skills one-at-a-time, and must be attached to an (alive) enemy, so not great for clearing, but can be pre-cast against bosses while they go through their pre-fight animation or dialogue. Will keep using your mana every time it uses a skill, which can be annoying but also means it's a good place to link Arcane Surge Support. Can also cast Marks and any other utility spell you wish.

Self Cast: Requires fewer gem sockets. Useful if all you wanna do is apply a mark on a boss (one button press permanently mark a boss).

From a Reddit user who answered my question regarding Bane vs Arcanist Brand.
Tried a Simulucrum, got to lvl 24 when i met Kosis and just didn't have enough DPS to get his shield down, before i ran out of mobs to fuel my vaal cold snap which was the only skill doing him damage.
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Is it right to run an unlinked Creeping Frost and just slap on Frost Bomb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZVlNVNTAh8

Just sharing an alternate way of playing :)
"
eosguy wrote:
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Is it right to run an unlinked Creeping Frost and just slap on Frost Bomb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZVlNVNTAh8

Just sharing an alternate way of playing :)

Nice! I might just try it 😬
@hadc any tip for Atziri? Somehow I keep getting one shot or cannot move out fast enough
"
eosguy wrote:
@hadc any tip for Atziri? Somehow I keep getting one shot or cannot move out fast enough

Get reflect immune
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

Get reflect immune
Yugul alone will suffice or Yugul and other items that has reflect immmunity like Sibyl's Lament?
"
hadc wrote:
"
kingkano wrote:

If you have currency I’d say buy essence of woe and spam! But if you’re tied for currency then it’ll be regal (need to do prefix can't be changed and scour if you hit suffix) then multimod with %spell dmg and % cold dot multi. You’ll have one prefix open for whatever fancy thing you want to try (Leo Slam, exalt slam etc).

If you have currency but don't want to continue spamming essence then you can try regal and Aisling for something nice before multimod. Might be expensive though because you can't imprint fractured item.

It's already rare btw. I hit it with a regal, got a bad suffix, so I annulled it. Probably not the wisest choice on reflection. +1 all seems to good to roll over, but it is one idea I am still contemplating. I have about 5-6ex so not rolling in currency.

I think I will multimod spell dmg and cold dot multi and use it for now. Hadn't consider a Leo slam, never tried that! Maybe I'll switch my atlas to betrayal and go for that.

I learnt that I need a higher level base anyway, since I can't craft the top spell dmg, as this wand is under ilvl 80. So I'll use it for now so I can farm more currency and get a better base next time.

Thanks for the reply!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info