[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
kingkano wrote:
Thanks to everyone's interesting posts here. Have jiggled mine around a bit to get 7m DPS with dual cluster jewel setup like the old days (3 or 4 leagues ago for me). Punishment is so much better than despair BTW if anybody else fell into that trap! and I grabbed a really nice +2 shavs for 18ex -

This let me still keep 89% all res for now. Just need a decent weapon now to push it a bit more.

Welcome any comments or suggestions. (except telling me to get better boots. I know :) hehe)

There’s never been a better time to be tanky and have DPS at the same time. In 3.16 I only managed 7-8mil DPS with aegis Aurora (75% all res) with slightly better gear than what I’m having but now I could reach 12mil (88% all res). I’m now looking for other projects to work on, getting bored of doing the same thing over and over LOL
Last edited by hadc on Mar 16, 2022, 8:04:52 PM
"
kingkano wrote:
"
kcomeby wrote:
I asked this before and forgot about it so I want to ask it again (because someone wanted to me to elaborate). I bought Chayula so I have some HP now but when I get HP damage it doesn't regen, let's say I have 1k HP and I lost 500, I have 500 HP but because it does not regen it simply stays at 500 and next time I lose 500 hp I die. I don't regen HP because of the passive called "Zealot's Oath". I also don't have HP potion. Am I doing something wrong?

Your post doesn't make much sense? Chayula amulet is not for the CI build - but works great for the low life build. CI build has chaos immunity, so +60% chaos resistance is useless. It does not give any HP regen so not sure what you are really asking?

Chayula + zealots oath are really for low life build with ES, not for a CI build using HP and ES. Either convert to low life or drop Chayula and get a stat based decent amulet.

I'm confused. So I have an ES build, I have around 6k ES and because I bought Chayula I got rid of CI. After that I had around 1,5k HP, 6k ES and Chayula, that should be correct way of to do it right? Problem is this though: when I lose HP (after my ES depletes) there is no way to regen my HP because build does not have any HP regen. So basically every HP loss becomes permanent until I die because I have no way of regening HP. How do I fix it? Does this make sense?
@kcomeby

Ideally you would run Zealot's Oath with Shavronne's Wrappings and run Vitality with Arrogance Support.

You get your ES regen from Vitality and from block with Aegis Aurora. However you have not taken Glancing Blows and Divine Shield, thus making your ES recovery very minimal.

You can also get ES regen if you have life regen on your belt or elsewhere since you are using Zealot's Oath
"
kcomeby wrote:
"
kingkano wrote:
"
kcomeby wrote:
I asked this before and forgot about it so I want to ask it again (because someone wanted to me to elaborate). I bought Chayula so I have some HP now but when I get HP damage it doesn't regen, let's say I have 1k HP and I lost 500, I have 500 HP but because it does not regen it simply stays at 500 and next time I lose 500 hp I die. I don't regen HP because of the passive called "Zealot's Oath". I also don't have HP potion. Am I doing something wrong?

Your post doesn't make much sense? Chayula amulet is not for the CI build - but works great for the low life build. CI build has chaos immunity, so +60% chaos resistance is useless. It does not give any HP regen so not sure what you are really asking?

Chayula + zealots oath are really for low life build with ES, not for a CI build using HP and ES. Either convert to low life or drop Chayula and get a stat based decent amulet.

I'm confused. So I have an ES build, I have around 6k ES and because I bought Chayula I got rid of CI. After that I had around 1,5k HP, 6k ES and Chayula, that should be correct way of to do it right? Problem is this though: when I lose HP (after my ES depletes) there is no way to regen my HP because build does not have any HP regen. So basically every HP loss becomes permanent until I die because I have no way of regening HP. How do I fix it? Does this make sense?

You get rid of CI only when you have a Shavronne wrapping because all dmg will go to your ES, and the reason why you get the “life” back is so you can use it to reserve more aura for defence or DPS. I saw you do not have a shavronne wrapping so any Chaos dmg will bypass your ES and goes to your life
Is it right to run an unlinked Creeping Frost and just slap on Frost Bomb?
"
hadc wrote:

There’s never been a better time to be tanky and have DPS at the same time. In 3.16 I only managed 7-8mil DPS with aegis Aurora (75% all res) with slightly better gear than what I’m having but now I could reach 12mil (88% all res). I’m now looking for other projects to work on, getting bored of doing the same thing over and over LOL

Yes, totally agree its the best time ever for tanky + ok DPS. I've missed 3 leagues I think, possibly 4. But I played cold dot for most of the last few leagues I did do. It was much easier to build big DPS back then, cluster and aura stacking, and you didn't need to worry too much about tankiness. Just chaos res and huge ES leech/regen took care of everything. Flasks were sort of better to!

This has been fun though see what you and Don have done, gave me lots of ideas!
"
eosguy wrote:
@kcomeby

Ideally you would run Zealot's Oath with Shavronne's Wrappings and run Vitality with Arrogance Support.

You get your ES regen from Vitality and from block with Aegis Aurora. However you have not taken Glancing Blows and Divine Shield, thus making your ES recovery very minimal.

You can also get ES regen if you have life regen on your belt or elsewhere since you are using Zealot's Oath

So I buy Shavronne's Wrappings, get rid of "molten shield" and instead get vitality. And point of having life is not so I can tank more damage (using life) instead it's useful for Arrogance support? And that's why I don't need life regen because it's for reserve, not tanking damage? But vitality gives you life regen, how is that helpful? Is it helpful because I'm using Zealot's Oath? Maybe I shouldn't use Zealot's Oath too?

"
hadc wrote:

You get rid of CI only when you have a Shavronne wrapping because all dmg will go to your ES, and the reason why you get the “life” back is so you can use it to reserve more aura for defence or DPS. I saw you do not have a shavronne wrapping so any Chaos dmg will bypass your ES and goes to your life

Can you also read my message above and give your opinion?
Last edited by kcomeby on Mar 17, 2022, 10:18:33 AM
"
kcomeby wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:
@kcomeby

So I buy Shavronne's Wrappings, get rid of "molten shield" and instead get vitality. And point of having life is not so I can tank more damage (using life) instead it's useful for Arrogance support? And that's why I don't need life regen because it's for reserve, not tanking damage? But vitality gives you life regen, how is that helpful? Is it helpful because I'm using Zealot's Oath? Maybe I shouldn't use Zealot's Oath too?

"
hadc wrote:

Can you also read my message above and give your opinion?

Hi, you finally the concept of the “Low-life” build. Life regen is still good with zealot’s oath on but if you think you’re already tanky enough without it then you can remove it. I’m playing without vitality now (I have molten shell) but still have zealot’s oath because I have some life regen in passive tree.

Do remember to take the pain attunement node on tree when you reserve life, it gives a lot more DPS when you have less than 50% life. Have fun!
Also, when is Bane better than Arcanist Brand, and vice versa? Or is one strictly better than the other at all times? Or is it all preference?

EDIT: Also, does Punishment not show up as a dps jump on POB? Any way to manually simulate the dps numbers for this or no?
Last edited by andrew8448 on Mar 17, 2022, 3:00:33 PM
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Also, when is Bane better than Arcanist Brand, and vice versa? Or is one strictly better than the other at all times? Or is it all preference?

EDIT: Also, does Punishment not show up as a dps jump on POB? Any way to manually simulate the dps numbers for this or no?

Tick the "is enemy on low life" box in the configuration to show the dps for punishment below 50% health.

I think bane is worth using if you have skill points to pick up a few nodes in your passive tree, arcansit brand or storm brand just for applying the debuff curses. Plus you can drop hex touch support to add in another curse when you have the passive to apply an additional curse.
Thats how I understood it at least

"
kcomeby wrote:

You really need to get more ES as 6k is on the low side. With shavs chaos does not bypass energy shield so you are relying on your energy shield being big enough that you wont dip into your health pool with damage as using zealots oath health regen goes to your ES instead so you wont regen health.
I found that wintertide brand wasnt really worth the point investment in the skill tree until you have good gear for me. Vortex in the 6 link with vaal cold snap as a 4 link worked better and provided spare points to chuck elsewhere to provide defence or damage boosts.

I looked at your build and changed some stuff in pob, with a 2 ex shavs (not sure what one you have) and a thread of hope jewel you can get max block and spell block, 7.3k es and 1.7 million dps but you would need to change some other items as your resistances arent great without your flasks up the way I specced it out

Heres the pob I adjusted, its by no means perfect but can give you an idea of how to go forward
https://pastebin.com/Zu38sb07
Last edited by beeftrumpet on Mar 17, 2022, 4:19:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info