[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
VeePow wrote:
Is anyone willing to look through my gear and offer suggestions about upgrades? I have about 50 EX to work with. DPS feels alright now that I have a +2 wand but more DPS would be great. I'm just not sure how to go about it. Toughness is good except sometimes I get wrecked by ignite. I usually play non-meta builds in SSF HC. It was great to find this thread and the POB, but now I'm just overwhelmed.

Abberath pantheon will give you 60% less ignite duration. Upgrade it for immunity to burning ground. Hasn't been a problem for me since I did this.

I didn't have much fun scaling the damage on Wintertide Brand. If you are sticking to that I'll let somebody else help there! I would try and squeeze in brand recall somewhere though. I hated playing it without brand recall.

You could change your gloves and get the cold dot/exposure ones most of us are using and then you can drop frost bomb if wanted. You could use this socket for brand recall. Or you can keep using Frost Bomb and get cold dot/damage per intelligence on gloves. either way should boost dps

If you don't mind researching and experimenting then look at Ashes of the Stars amulet and alternate quality gems. (divergent, anomalous, etc) Amulet is cheap but the gems can get pricey. But it's fun and gives some good and interesting benefits/dps boosts.

I'd personally look for a better watchers eye too. Yours doesn't seem to give much boost according to POB. I think because we don't have any damaging ailments? (which are poison, bleed and ignite from memory) I'd look for a damage over time while affected by malevolence with something else useful. could be a little pricey (mine cost about 15ex)
"
beeftrumpet wrote:

Some hunter influenced gloves with more ES and cold dot multi (can go up to 20%)
Then roll for cold dot multi with the new eldritch currency which can go up to 20% if you use orb of conflict to reach the higher tiers, the other eldritch currency can roll 3% damage per 100 intellect as well

You can't use Eldritch crafting on Hunter influenced bases. Eater and Exarch apply their own 'influence' type and can't be used on already influenced bases. It's one or the other.

Your point still stands, get some good ES gloves and Eldritch craft them.
"
kingkano wrote:
"
beeftrumpet wrote:

Some hunter influenced gloves with more ES and cold dot multi (can go up to 20%)
Then roll for cold dot multi with the new eldritch currency which can go up to 20% if you use orb of conflict to reach the higher tiers, the other eldritch currency can roll 3% damage per 100 intellect as well

You can't use Eldritch crafting on Hunter influenced bases. Eater and Exarch apply their own 'influence' type and can't be used on already influenced bases. It's one or the other.

Your point still stands, get some good ES gloves and Eldritch craft them.

Ah thats a bummer, did wonder if it would allow you to have both as it seemed like it would be a little op
Can you get the damage over time from warlord influence as well as cold dot multi hunter on the same item??
"
beeftrumpet wrote:

Ah thats a bummer, did wonder if it would allow you to have both as it seemed like it would be a little op
Can you get the damage over time from warlord influence as well as cold dot multi hunter on the same item??
You can with awakener's orb. but your other prefixes and suffixes might not be good. That's a risk you have to take
"
eosguy wrote:
"
beeftrumpet wrote:

You can with awakener's orb. but your other prefixes and suffixes might not be good. That's a risk you have to take

So you could have apothecary gloves with 18% damage over time implicit, 20% cold dot hunter influence and 30% damage over time warlord influence all together??
Last edited by beeftrumpet on Mar 18, 2022, 10:31:35 AM
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:
"
beeftrumpet wrote:

So you could have apothecary gloves with 20% damage over time implicit, 20% cold dot hunter influence and 30% damage over time warlord influence all together??

yes

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/DJp8pP2T5

But to get other usable stats would need to be insanely lucky when awakening orb them! As you can see both the pairs for sale pretty much suck for our build besides those 3 stats you mentioned.

I think Eldritch ones probably are a bigger boost too. Certainly cheaper/easier to craft.

Agony Hand

The 8ex one might be ok? Maybe pricey? Too bad crafted ES is only max 22 ES. Lose a lot of ES from gloves but I think it might have lots of DPS boost?

Edit:
Extra 600K dps for my POB.
Last edited by eosguy on Mar 18, 2022, 10:43:08 AM
"
eosguy wrote:

Agony Hand

The 8ex one might be ok? Maybe pricey? Too bad crafted ES is only max 22 ES. Lose a lot of ES from gloves but I think it might have lots of DPS boost?

Edit:

I pob them into my build and only got 100k dps extra, getting my current gloves up to 20% cold dot gives me more
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

Agony Hand

Edit:

I pob them into my build and only got 100k dps extra, getting my current gloves up to 20% cold dot gives me more

it was 600k for me too. I made it about 400k on yours using POB. Are you sure you have got your POB config setup right?
"
kingkano wrote:
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

Agony Hand

Edit:

it was 600k for me too. I made it about 400k on yours using POB. Are you sure you have got your POB config setup right?

I set it up like the notes in shaks pob suggest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info