[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
hadc wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Dead right, the end game is by far the ultimate achievement so seriously clear speed does not come into the equation, i suspect that is true for most using this build.
1 thing i need to ask is sacrificing substantial DPS worth getting the extra 2% ele resist?
Getting it on glove/boots is proving next to impossible.

The last 2% is very valuable if you value tankiness. Let’s take the Maven brain explosion as example (since I just did it so it’s fresh on my mind 🙂) it deals 127,000 elemental damage.

So on a character with 75% res, dmg taken = 31,750
77% res, dmg taken = 29,210 (8% less compared to 75% res)
88% res, dmg taken = 15,240
90% res, dmg taken = 12,700 (16.67% less compared to 88% res)

So you can see the +2% gives much more mitigation when going 88% to 90%. And 16% less dmg taken is a big deal and can often be the difference between life and death. But of course you must also mitigate physical and chaos dmg and you can check POB for effective life pool. A balanced defence should have almost equal effective life pool between physical and elemental, chaos dmg is hard but it shouldn’t be a big problem if you get it capped since there’s not many heavy hitter in the game with pure chaos dmg.

I just got the cheapest sorcerer glove with +1 max cold and sorcerer boot with +1 max cold and craft of them, iLVL 84 and above if possible. I got those bases at maybe 5C each. You can spam essences (ES for glove and movement speed for boots) since it’s so cheap this league. Then make use of Eldritch currency to finish the suffix. My boot is mediocre if I’m being nice, just haven’t got around to craft a better pair yet.

I have a sincere question for you as I don't entirely understand this widespread obsession with ultra tankiness in non-hardcore leagues. What is it that you can do now but you couldn't do last league?

Looking at your character, does it even crack 2m dps at the moment?
Last edited by PraetorMaximus on Mar 6, 2022, 10:40:07 AM
Ah wow, that looks really interesting. Wish I knew about it earlier. I love bein tanky, dying in this game really guts me lol. Im afraid id have to do much gear replacement to work in Melding of the Flesh. Im assuming you can just stack one res across all gears and be good to go with Melding?
Not possible to find a cluster jewel with Deep Chil, Prismatic Heart, Widespread Destruction AND +% elemental resistances as small passive. Not even possible to search for %elemental resistances as passive bonus. Please , correct PoB
"
Garfunkel wrote:
Not possible to find a cluster jewel with Deep Chil, Prismatic Heart, Widespread Destruction AND +% elemental resistances as small passive. Not even possible to search for %elemental resistances as passive bonus. Please , correct PoB

Its possible, I have one. They are rare and the most expensive. Keep searching.
Hey Shak,

I stopped by in the stream a week or so ago, but just wanted to say thanks again for the great league start build. I was able to comfortably farm up to my main build of the league with your cold dot build. Ended up getting 40/40 just under three weeks into the league.

First time doing a league start with this since you changed over to Wintertide Brands. At first I thought I would not like it as much, turns out I was very wrong, they made the build so much more smooth.

I hope everything is going well in the other builds you were looking into making into great guides as well, take care and I'll probably be back to use cold dot again next league.

I wasn't going to play cold dot this league,but got the itch to make insane version with new jewels. Here is some of the items I have crafted so Far :D

Last edited by donbrawler on Mar 6, 2022, 2:55:34 PM
"
Garfunkel wrote:

Try using ~ before your text when searching for fields to add. Changed my life learning that trick. ie

~ resistance

brings up anything mentioning it.

Anyways - https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/gJpm7K5hQ

Last edited by kingkano on Mar 6, 2022, 2:59:15 PM
"
"
hadc wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Dead right, the end game is by far the ultimate achievement so seriously clear speed does not come into the equation, i suspect that is true for most using this build.
1 thing i need to ask is sacrificing substantial DPS worth getting the extra 2% ele resist?
Getting it on glove/boots is proving next to impossible.

The last 2% is very valuable if you value tankiness. Let’s take the Maven brain explosion as example (since I just did it so it’s fresh on my mind 🙂) it deals 127,000 elemental damage.

So on a character with 75% res, dmg taken = 31,750
77% res, dmg taken = 29,210 (8% less compared to 75% res)
88% res, dmg taken = 15,240
90% res, dmg taken = 12,700 (16.67% less compared to 88% res)

So you can see the +2% gives much more mitigation when going 88% to 90%. And 16% less dmg taken is a big deal and can often be the difference between life and death. But of course you must also mitigate physical and chaos dmg and you can check POB for effective life pool. A balanced defence should have almost equal effective life pool between physical and elemental, chaos dmg is hard but it shouldn’t be a big problem if you get it capped since there’s not many heavy hitter in the game with pure chaos dmg.

I just got the cheapest sorcerer glove with +1 max cold and sorcerer boot with +1 max cold and craft of them, iLVL 84 and above if possible. I got those bases at maybe 5C each. You can spam essences (ES for glove and movement speed for boots) since it’s so cheap this league. Then make use of Eldritch currency to finish the suffix. My boot is mediocre if I’m being nice, just haven’t got around to craft a better pair yet.

I have a sincere question for you as I don't entirely understand this widespread obsession with ultra tankiness in non-hardcore leagues. What is it that you can do now but you couldn't do last league?

Looking at your character, does it even crack 2m dps at the moment?

I’m at 5mil total shaper DPS now. And I just tanked maven’s memory explosion and brain explosion, among other things so, yea it’s a totally different experience. But of course, I cleared all content with a much less tanky build and double or triple current DPS but that’s not the point, I usually try something different to keep things “fresh”, it can get boring doing the same thing over and over every league LOL
"
donbrawler wrote:
I wasn't going to play cold dot this league,but got the itch to make insane version with new jewels. Here is some of the items I have crafted so Far :D

Master DonBrawler, that looks like a insanely high DPS set of gear LOL!! Can you please teach me how to farm!!
hahaha, little secret heist/harvest/expedition is sort of boring but best money makers in game :D
Last edited by donbrawler on Mar 6, 2022, 3:38:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info