[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Dead right, the end game is by far the ultimate achievement so seriously clear speed does not come into the equation, i suspect that is true for most using this build.
1 thing i need to ask is sacrificing substantial DPS worth getting the extra 2% ele resist?
Getting it on glove/boots is proving next to impossible.
"
MeTeC wrote:
I'm trying to understand how I'm supposed to run Arrogance Support with Malevolence and Vitality with 1 Life.

Even without Chaos Inoculation I have a 103% life reservation on Malevolence, can someone enlighten me please.

You need to take the life reservation mastery or something.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Dead right, the end game is by far the ultimate achievement so seriously clear speed does not come into the equation, i suspect that is true for most using this build.
1 thing i need to ask is sacrificing substantial DPS worth getting the extra 2% ele resist?

I followed @hadc's example/suggestion and got +1 on glove with the Searing Exarch mod, and +1 on a synthesised boots. Managed to get it cheap. Of course this is standard trade league.

Or you can do what I plan to do, which is get +2 on crusader gloves then awaken orb it with hunter fingerless silk gloves that has DoT on it. You'll get back around 500K of DPS in total
"
eosguy wrote:
"
MeTeC wrote:
I'm trying to understand how I'm supposed to run Arrogance Support with Malevolence and Vitality with 1 Life.

Even without Chaos Inoculation I have a 103% life reservation on Malevolence, can someone enlighten me please.

You need to take the life reservation mastery or something.

Thank you for your answer, really appreciated.

So with this 3 gem setup there is no way I can run Chaos Inoculation right ?
@MeTeC

If memory serves me right, yes you won't be able to run CI if you are running this 3 gem setup. If you still have issues with not having enough life, use a lower level Vitality or get level 21 Arrogance. I managed to have level 17 Vitality with level 21 Arrogance earlier on.
"
EDMOSES wrote:

The last 2% is very valuable if you value tankiness. Let’s take the Maven brain explosion as example (since I just did it so it’s fresh on my mind 🙂) it deals 127,000 elemental damage.

So on a character with 75% res, dmg taken = 31,750
77% res, dmg taken = 29,210 (8% less compared to 75% res)
88% res, dmg taken = 15,240
90% res, dmg taken = 12,700 (16.67% less compared to 88% res)

So you can see the +2% gives much more mitigation when going 88% to 90%. And 16% less dmg taken is a big deal and can often be the difference between life and death. But of course you must also mitigate physical and chaos dmg and you can check POB for effective life pool. A balanced defence should have almost equal effective life pool between physical and elemental, chaos dmg is hard but it shouldn’t be a big problem if you get it capped since there’s not many heavy hitter in the game with pure chaos dmg.

I just got the cheapest sorcerer glove with +1 max cold and sorcerer boot with +1 max cold and craft of them, iLVL 84 and above if possible. I got those bases at maybe 5C each. You can spam essences (ES for glove and movement speed for boots) since it’s so cheap this league. Then make use of Eldritch currency to finish the suffix. My boot is mediocre if I’m being nice, just haven’t got around to craft a better pair yet.
Last edited by hadc on Mar 6, 2022, 5:17:59 AM
"
hadc wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:

The last 2% is very valuable if you value tankiness. Let’s take the Maven brain explosion as example (since I just did it so it’s fresh on my mind 🙂) it deals 127,000 elemental damage.

So on a character with 75% res, dmg taken = 31,750
77% res, dmg taken = 29,210 (8% less compared to 75% res)
88% res, dmg taken = 15,240
90% res, dmg taken = 12,700 (16.67% less compared to 88% res)

So you can see the +2% gives much more mitigation when going 88% to 90%. And 16% less dmg taken is a big deal and can often be the difference between life and death. But of course you must also mitigate physical and chaos dmg and you can check POB for effective life pool. A balanced defence should have almost equal effective life pool between physical and elemental, chaos dmg is hard but it shouldn’t be a big problem if you get it capped since there’s not many heavy hitter in the game with pure chaos dmg.

I just got the cheapest sorcerer glove with +1 max cold and sorcerer boot with +1 max cold and craft of them, iLVL 84 and above if possible. I got those bases at maybe 5C each. You can spam essences (ES for glove and movement speed for boots) since it’s so cheap this league. Then make use of Eldritch currency to finish the suffix. My boot is mediocre if I’m being nice, just haven’t got around to craft a better pair yet.

Thanks for this maths. Explains my still occasional death in huge mobs (probably also chaos resist needs boosting for me).

You got exceedingly lucky with those boots and gloves. In trade right now there is no ES based boots with that implicit, and only 1 or 2 on people offline (really old so not available IMO). Gloves there is some choice but all the sorceror ones are being craft with +6 gem things for some other build.
[/quote]

Thanks for this maths. Explains my still occasional death in huge mobs (probably also chaos resist needs boosting for me).

You got exceedingly lucky with those boots and gloves. In trade right now there is no ES based boots with that implicit, and only 1 or 2 on people offline (really old so not available IMO). Gloves there is some choice but all the sorceror ones are being craft with +6 gem things for some other build.[/quote]

It’s not luck because you can get it too if you spend enough currency on them 🙂 and I crafted it precisely because it’s not available in the market. I’d buy them if I could LOL

You can roll any Glove with +1 max cold with lesser eldritch ember currency (you’ll hit it with average 50 of them according to craft of exile) so it’s not too expensive to do.
Last edited by hadc on Mar 6, 2022, 6:31:58 AM
"
hadc wrote:

It’s not luck because you can get it too if you spend enough currency on them 🙂 and I crafted it precisely because it’s not available in the market. I’d buy them if I could LOL

You can roll any Glove with +1 max cold with the cheapest eldritch currency (ember?) so it’s not expensive to do.

Sorry, I didn't mean crafting the boots - which of course I realised you did - I just meant you got lucky finding the implicit on a good base for only 5 chaos :)

boots - 1 sorcerer for 1ex - rest aren't ES boots - https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/W5BBBRum

There was none when I checked earlier, so I guess they will come up, and I will keep searching. But I bet they won't be 5c anytime soon!

Gloves there are plenty of options!

Last edited by kingkano on Mar 6, 2022, 6:30:24 AM

So my hands got itchy and I went ahead to make the gloves.
Cost in standard trade league:
Level 85 Fingerless silk gloves 5c
Crusader's Exalted Orb 1ex
Awakener's Orb 4.2ex
Random Hunter gloves I have in stash

Lost about 300ES stats due to trash prefixes on the gloves. Have to keep farming maps to get Harvest reforge keeping suffixes (rare!)

TLDR: Sometimes cheaper option is better even though less DPS. No headaches.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info