[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
andrew8448 wrote:

Does flask solve this burning ground? or does it happen too fast to react to?

It was just a fluke. All the mob hit at one go, ES went down and didn't manage to recover in time while I was on burning ground. And my Molten Shell was off during that time. Perfect recipe for first death.

@hadc
Alright I'll try that pantheon.
"
eosguy wrote:
"
andrew8448 wrote:

Does flask solve this burning ground? or does it happen too fast to react to?

It was just a fluke. All the mob hit at one go, ES went down and didn't manage to recover in time while I was on burning ground. And my Molten Shell was off during that time. Perfect recipe for first death.

@hadc
Alright I'll try that pantheon.

Yes, we need to take care of ignite and burning ground because those will prevent ES recharge to start. It’s not so significant now because we are so tanky with the Aegis Aurora setup. But back in 3.15 ignite or bleed can kill quite easily if you don’t deal with them for ES to recharge. So it’s old habit for me 🙂
Last edited by hadc on Mar 5, 2022, 3:50:09 AM
"
hadc wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:
You can search for cluster jewel with Winter Prowler notable.

Though I'm not sure if that's the one Hadc used earlier on before getting it on his gloves and boots.

Edit:
Sorry just checked my saved import of his POB. He used 2 15% armour small cluster jewel with Prismatic Carapace notable

Yes I used prismatic carapace because they gave armour and winter prowler is with life flask mod which is useless to us. But it’ll be best to get the + 2 max cold from glove Eldritch implicit or even crusader mod so you can save 4 passive points and slot cobalt jewels for ES and DPS.

I agree the gloves are a good idea but you then lose out on an offensive implicit. It's all a balancing act. Also, that 2% stat seems pretty rare, and hence expensive!! It's also pretty rare as a crusader mod.

Winter Prowler was the one I was suggesting, and yeah the other life bit is useless, but it means 3 points instead of 6 (to use 2 x of the other jewel). There is also Antifreeze which gives +1 and cold resist, comes on a jewel that gives resistance of some kind, so could help to cap resists. Might consider 1 of each of those short term.

Still looking for other ideas though. Shame it doesn't come up as a jewel implicit.

But even at 88% it is very tanky!! So I hope nobody lets it put them off. I've been standing next to Shaper Guardians tanking their stuff, walking through heist traps, etc.

sounds like a potential project of hunter+crusader gloves just for the cold dot and +2. :)

Update:
Got it with less than 30 alt orbs
Last edited by eosguy on Mar 5, 2022, 4:59:25 AM
"
eosguy wrote:
sounds like a potential project of hunter+crusader gloves just for the cold dot and +2. :)

Update:

Yes, I thought of that too. But the thought of doing suffix cannot be changed and harvest craft defence is putting me off it. I crafted cold dot multi + culling strike gloves in the past 2 league. Eldritch mod is very attractive this league and I could use the suffixes for res. I’ll craft a pair of nice double influenced glove if I can squeeze enough res from other gears.
"
hadc wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

Update:

Yes, I thought of that too. But the thought of doing suffix cannot be changed and harvest craft defence is putting me off it. I crafted cold dot multi + culling strike gloves in the past 2 league. Eldritch mod is very attractive this league and I could use the suffixes for res. I’ll craft a pair of nice double influenced glove if I can squeeze enough res from other gears.

Yeah the problem is getting defences on the glove. The suffixes might be nice and for me personally if I use this glove I have a pair of boots that might take care of resistances.

As @kingkano mentioned I do lose out on DPS. If only I can get the gloves sorted and follow your 2 cluster setup I think I might be around 4.5-5m total DPS.
Just a heads up to fellow noobs, put some caster catalysts on your Mark of the Shaper. Got an extra 16% spell damage.
"
epicmeatwad wrote:
Just a heads up to fellow noobs, put some caster catalysts on your Mark of the Shaper. Got an extra 16% spell damage.

The "KEY" to this build as it stands revolves around the jewel "Melding Flesh".
No matter how i tried i could not make the "shaper - elder" ring combo work due to resists lacks.
Believe me i have tied.
Getting 88% ele resists turns this build from meh to wow.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
"
epicmeatwad wrote:

The "KEY" to this build as it stands revolves around the jewel "Melding Flesh".
No matter how i tried i could not make the "shaper - elder" ring combo work due to resists lacks.
Believe me i have tied.
Getting 88% ele resists turns this build from meh to wow.

It’s two different approaches . 88% res is tanky and mark of shaper gives about 15% more DPS which is a lot for the DPS oriented players. I did mark of shaper with prism guardian early this league before switching. My DPS dropped by half after switching to aegis Aurora and rare rings. So it’s really about what you value more as a player. Tankier or clears/kills faster? Melding of flesh is really a blessing for defensive oriented players though, truly a build changing jewel.
I'm trying to understand how I'm supposed to run Arrogance Support with Malevolence and Vitality with 1 Life.

Even without Chaos Inoculation I have a 103% life reservation on Malevolence, can someone enlighten me please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info