3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

"
Mubbsy wrote:
I had a question about when it's time to swap from a crafted weapon with high minion damage to one with fortify.

Finally got all the main pieces of the puzzle together now, and I was wondering if I should be looking into swapping my 129% minion damage crafted weapon for one with fortify.

I've read the previous posts about how after a certain threshold of minion damage % that fortify will out preform, but I am unsure if the number directly in PoE for minion damage under my character's 'Misc' stats is correct, or if this is something better calculated in PoB (don't have much experience with PoB).

Currently only at 385% in game, so I would think that if correct:

100dmg hit x 385% (current minion dmg) = 385 dmg
100dmg hit x 256% x 1.2 fortify = 307.2 dmg

(or is it on top of the 100 dmg so 485 dmg for option 1, and 427.2 for option 2)

Which would mean currently I would get about 25% more damage staying with my current weapon. (or 13.5% if the latter calculation is correct)

Is this correct or are there other sources of minion damage that I need to take into account.
I'm wondering this too, is there even a point if my minions have fortify from ag?
So i finally got my weapon yesterday. which leads to a question about auras.

Pride
Vulnerability
War banner
Aspect of the avian.

currently i dont yet have an enlightened gem, i could get one soon at level 3, but i frankly doubt ill be able to get a level 4, too expensive.

So which mana reserves to drop, or is there a better way to reserve less mana without deviating from the standard tree too much so i can at least fit all but banner (I have fortify, avian and +1 to socketed gems + the standard crafted/+2 support/atk speed) on the staff. If i already have fortify on the weapon, i imagine banner is less useful, but id really like to try and get pride/vul/aspect going all at once.

This is my setup rn. Weapon is just temporary solution but i have some questions.

+1 lvl and fortify or +1 lvl, mininon damage and double damage chance. Which one is better ?

Also as far i can understand you can get +1 lvl and fortify with elder inf. But how about the others ? Okey you can get them from alva's temple. But they are usually dropping with shitty mods. I mean you cant even annul the others mods. I really dont understand how can you get +1, minion damage and and double damage chance. Even if you have those mods they are staying there with 3 shitty mods.

Thanks for the guide btw!
"
muntaser wrote:
"
Mubbsy wrote:
I had a question about when it's time to swap from a crafted weapon with high minion damage to one with fortify.

Finally got all the main pieces of the puzzle together now, and I was wondering if I should be looking into swapping my 129% minion damage crafted weapon for one with fortify.

I've read the previous posts about how after a certain threshold of minion damage % that fortify will out preform, but I am unsure if the number directly in PoE for minion damage under my character's 'Misc' stats is correct, or if this is something better calculated in PoB (don't have much experience with PoB).

(or is it on top of the 100 dmg so 485 dmg for option 1, and 427.2 for option 2)

Which would mean currently I would get about 25% more damage staying with my current weapon. (or 13.5% if the latter calculation is correct)

Is this correct or are there other sources of minion damage that I need to take into account.
I'm wondering this too, is there even a point if my minions have fortify from ag?

It's my understanding that fortify is about equivilent to 100-105% minion damage, so if you have more then that, you dont have to get the fortify.
Good day fellow necros,

One Question. I run with an crafted staff from 3.8. and want to upgrade this. What should I search for? I have 50 Ex to spent.

1. High Minion damage over 120% and strength

or

2. High Minion damage over 120% and avian

or

3. Fortify

or

4. High Minion damage over 120% and Aura plus 4%

any help welcome

I have a doubt, I am currently running with skeletons. But he read by the forum that they recommend auras above skeletons. Is that true? Can someone verify my profile and tell me what my next step would be with the construction of skeletons.

PD:If you recommend me change to auras, no problem I have currency to change to auras.
"
muntaser wrote:
"
Mubbsy wrote:

Fortify from AG is only physical damage reduction buff, gems supported from fortify get damage multiplier.

When calculating Fortify vs Minion damage by hand you need to be careful to included ALL SOURCES of 'increased' damage (i.e. auras, curses, abyss gems, passives, gear, gems, baron str, etc). It's much easier to do this in POB, ensuring you have everything properly enabled and then just craft the items in POB and compare the outcome.
"
RWJaraxxus wrote:

This is my setup rn. Weapon is just temporary solution but i have some questions.

+1 lvl and fortify or +1 lvl, mininon damage and double damage chance. Which one is better ?

Also as far i can understand you can get +1 lvl and fortify with elder inf. But how about the others ? Okey you can get them from alva's temple. But they are usually dropping with shitty mods. I mean you cant even annul the others mods. I really dont understand how can you get +1, minion damage and and double damage chance. Even if you have those mods they are staying there with 3 shitty mods.

Thanks for the guide btw!

Minion damage and minion double damage is one mod, Citaquolotl or something. You just have to luck into +1 all and that mod. Both are prefixes. You can hope for a regal from the blue (I think T3 room with minions gives an item with this mod guaranteed, but no way to decide the base). Then if you have no slots you hope for a good annul. So I'd rather buy it from trade.

From my experience crafting Fortify on a mace is much easier, but not an endgame result (130% and 5% double damage is a bit better as I understand).

However if you get a rare warstaff with that mod and +1 without any other affixes - you probably won't change that weapon ever, since you can craft it ad naseum.
Last edited by VyersReaver on Jan 20, 2020, 9:34:41 AM
"
azith28 wrote:
So i finally got my weapon yesterday. which leads to a question about auras.

Pride
Vulnerability
War banner
Aspect of the avian.

currently i dont yet have an enlightened gem, i could get one soon at level 3, but i frankly doubt ill be able to get a level 4, too expensive.

So which mana reserves to drop, or is there a better way to reserve less mana without deviating from the standard tree too much so i can at least fit all but banner (I have fortify, avian and +1 to socketed gems + the standard crafted/+2 support/atk speed) on the staff. If i already have fortify on the weapon, i imagine banner is less useful, but id really like to try and get pride/vul/aspect going all at once.

Get Vulnerability on your Shaper's Touch if possible, frees up a lot of mana and 2 gem slots.

This staff has a increased area of effect? Is it okay for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info