3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

I agree about POB

things have gotten so complicated about calculating damage it's hard to know for sure, it's more an indication or only for experts to figure things exactly

Just go with how damage feel while mapping/bossing
If a 90% of T16 metas die in under 5 secs damage is good enough for me

Now if I could only figure out how to dodge that Sirus death ray. It gets me 100% of the time...
Last edited by snowmittens on Jan 20, 2020, 7:31:01 AM
so i just finished leveling up, and getting some gear. finally Rez capped. This is my first time ever playing. Leveling was a cake walk, but im having a hard time doing t13 maps. I feel like im missing something, can someone go over my gear and give me feed back please? I still have to do my 3rd lab tomorrow, im hoping Bone Barrier is the key part im missing. But if anyone can give me some feedback please.I followed the guide and watched the videos a few times, but im still a bit lost.

"
snowmittens wrote:
I agree about POB

things have gotten so complicated about calculating damage it's hard to know for sure, it's more an indication or only for experts to figure things exactly

Now if I could only figure out how to dodge that Sirus death ray. It gets me 100% of the time...

Stay close to him. While, at the last phase, his ray aims and moves towards you, its movement is slow and you can cut bigger angle if u are closer to him, you can even go behind him in no time this way. Once he say "DIE" be prepared to start moving around him rapidly, but keep close distance to him. Once I started doing this he never landed a hit again on me. I have competed the 75 Sirus kills and have 10-20 over it :)
Just 'simple' question.

What do you think help most against random oneshot kill?
I mean metamorph or final boss in T15+ maps.

Chaos resist?
HP boost?
ES boost?

Sometime my char lost all hp/es in less than 1/10 sec.
I have +11k (HP+ES), resists over cap (~ +30 chaos), all flasks up...
All that not enough to survive...

Any idea/suggestion?

btw: I haven't 30+ex for Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel with ES+HP boost :(

Last edited by attronach on Jan 20, 2020, 8:04:49 AM
"
snowmittens wrote:
I agree about POB

check a chat.

die - on 1st and 2nd phase - normal ray 3shot.
feel a thrill of the void - at last phase - 5shot death ray. rip.

also once he places his spinning laser's there soon be a death ray.
"
brunowa wrote:
"
tffiad wrote:
if u have frenzy/power charges from spectres - enable them in config.
if u have feeding frenzy - enable it in config
if u have curses - enable it in config
if u run skitterbots - turn on enemy is shocked
if u have intimidate - turn it on too
if u have auras - check skills tab and be sure that auras enabled.

done.

if u run timeless jewels - make a custom jewel with stats that u have on it, since pob ignores timeless jewels.

if u have impale - download pob fork.

mine is about 900k in pob.

also keep in mind that pob ignores animate guardian and maybe golems aura too.

Take POB with a grain of salt though. It annoys me how people throw around numbers.

Eg people say Avian kicks ass. That's probably because POB calculates double damage... yet keep in mind that damage you're doing is only for 50% of the time. There are many calculations like this.

So use it as a guide and indicator for your own build instead of comparing numbers with others who will calculate things differently.

ikr, im just talking about config, i know that pob mostly not counts dps properly and there are a lof of factors. its not about numbers generally, its about how much difference between proper and default configs.
With aspect of the avian on weapon i should go with Victario's influence? Or we can do it with geofri's + enlighten? What auras i should drop for aspect?
I had a question about when it's time to swap from a crafted weapon with high minion damage to one with fortify.

Finally got all the main pieces of the puzzle together now, and I was wondering if I should be looking into swapping my 129% minion damage crafted weapon for one with fortify.

I've read the previous posts about how after a certain threshold of minion damage % that fortify will out preform, but I am unsure if the number directly in PoE for minion damage under my character's 'Misc' stats is correct, or if this is something better calculated in PoB (don't have much experience with PoB).

Currently only at 385% in game, so I would think that if correct:

100dmg hit x 385% (current minion dmg) = 385 dmg
100dmg hit x 256% x 1.2 fortify = 307.2 dmg

(or is it on top of the 100 dmg so 485 dmg for option 1, and 427.2 for option 2)

Which would mean currently I would get about 25% more damage staying with my current weapon. (or 13.5% if the latter calculation is correct)

Is this correct or are there other sources of minion damage that I need to take into account.
"Please check my gear!" - Every Private Account User
Last edited by Mubbsy on Jan 20, 2020, 8:46:52 AM
"
Mubbsy wrote:
I had a question about when it's time to swap from a crafted weapon with high minion damage to one with fortify.

Finally got all the main pieces of the puzzle together now, and I was wondering if I should be looking into swapping my 129% minion damage crafted weapon for one with fortify.

I've read the previous posts about how after a certain threshold of minion damage % that fortify will out preform, but I am unsure if the number directly in PoE for minion damage under my character's 'Misc' stats is correct, or if this is something better calculated in PoB (don't have much experience with PoB).

(or is it on top of the 100 dmg so 485 dmg for option 1, and 427.2 for option 2)

Which would mean currently I would get about 25% more damage staying with my current weapon. (or 13.5% if the latter calculation is correct)

Is this correct or are there other sources of minion damage that I need to take into account.
I'm wondering this too, is there even a point if my minions have fortify from ag?
"
Mubbsy wrote:

I'm wondering this too, is there even a point if my minions have fortify from ag?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info