[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Can someone please let me know how to set the community fork PoB to show dps with this build?

I can't work out what to select in config and what is the dps skill to set..
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Can someone please let me know how to set the community fork PoB to show dps with this build?

I can't work out what to select in config and what is the dps skill to set..

PoB currently only calculates the average hit (or minimum/maximum range) per iceshard. In order to calculate a true DPS you need to take into account cast time, duration & monster hitbox size.

There is a Google spreadsheet for Firestorm that lilianmarius posted a long time ago that can be used for Icestorm as well. I have a copy of that sheet where I edited the wording to Whispering Ice & Icestorm a little bit. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11eQmjpfq5GorGuJt7Rgh1OZFscjKqKD3tYDpz0lx4lM/edit?usp=sharing

According to the spreadsheet my current single target DPS vs a humanoid mob type with a radius of 2 is 23 Million after 6 seconds.
Last edited by LiNGeN on Sep 7, 2020, 2:34:04 AM
Hi Lingen

as you cant see in game yesterday i ask in the tree :-) If anyone other can help me it would be fine.

I have this amu

As there are 3 suffixes i can use remove no influence mod and add influence mod. After that crafting suffixes can not be changed.

Can i then spam chaos til i hit dmg per int ?

Or is there a better way to get this mod. i have 2 augment influence also.
"
Hi Lingen

as you cant see in game yesterday i ask in the tree :-) If anyone other can help me it would be fine.

I have this amu

As there are 3 suffixes i can use remove no influence mod and add influence mod. After that crafting suffixes can not be changed.

Can i then spam chaos til i hit dmg per int ?

Or is there a better way to get this mod. i have 2 augment influence also.

Yes, if you use "Remove a random non-influenced mod and add a random influenced mod" it will guarantee removal of the resist suffix. However, the new mod will be totally random from all the available prefix or suffix influence mods from the shaper/crusader pool.

I hope you get dmg per int this way like I did.

"Suffixes cannot be changed" (or prefix) craft only works with Augs/Regals/Annuls/Scours. Currency or harvest crafts that "reforge" an item rerolls everything. So if you chaos an item with that mod it will ignore it and reroll the whole item.

I would:
1. "Remove a random non-influenced mod and add a random influenced mod"
2. If it adds dmg per int, gratz!
- Otherwise, if it adds a removable shit suffix, remove it via harvest and craft Int via crafting bench. Then proceed.
- If it adds a non-removable suffix, such as lvl 22 clarity, you need to try your chances with annulling (make sure to catalyst attribute to 20% first to reduce chances of annulling int/attr!). You can also use beastcraft Farric Wolf Alpha but it ignores catalyst I believe - higher chance of removing int/attr but also gives a chance of adding dmg per int)
3. If item isn't bricked by now you can continue with "augment influence" or "reforge an item keeping suffixes". Both of these are quite expensive & hard to farm in large quantities. If you use aug influence you can add "dmg per dex/power charge" & "ES recovery rate" both of which can't be harvest removed. Then you can use "reforge keeping suffixes".
Last edited by LiNGeN on Sep 7, 2020, 3:14:49 AM
So I used the tree that was posted earlier, think it was lilians? However looking at a few trees in here, yours especially Lingen, once I figured out your stats were not the result of a delve variant but rather a faulty app that doesn't calculate clusters, I realized perhaps my tree could be improved upon? You're fitting what, 2 or 3 extra auras in there? I'm just wondering if I should switch over.

Also I know there are certain gear bits I can make better, crafting those on and off atm. To answer your earlier post, I'd go so far as to say endgame console players are more meta than average PC meta, with much of our market areas like delirium, essence and such so dessicated we need to efficiently get everything ourselves. Also yes, you cant aim the storms which makes any fight you need to move a pain, however holding vortex freezes you and instantly locks storms to just in front of you so there are things you can do to make it more feasible. End of the day you wanna play it, you find a way.
So I just made some sick sorcerer boots....

30% quality
99% increased energy shield fractured (1% off max roll t1)
49 to maximum energy shield (t1)
48% cold resist (t1)
58 intelligence (highest roll essence)
17 to dexterity and intelligence (crafted)
35% movement speed (t1)

Only took me 40 essences....and a luck remove non-speed add speed to hit 35% movement

Edit: Hit 10% movement speed if you haven't been hit recently enchant :D
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Sep 7, 2020, 4:45:31 AM
"
IxAMxSTUMPY wrote:
So I used the tree that was posted earlier, think it was lilians? However looking at a few trees in here, yours especially Lingen, once I figured out your stats were not the result of a delve variant but rather a faulty app that doesn't calculate clusters, I realized perhaps my tree could be improved upon? You're fitting what, 2 or 3 extra auras in there? I'm just wondering if I should switch over.

Yes, I've been using a new tree I came up with after some PoB crunching. It focuses on aura effect cluster jewels and 4+ auras. There are some dramatic improvements to damage if you pair Hatred/Zealotry and also use Skitterbots. I wanted it to be balanced in terms of defence so I also use Discipline/Clarity/a Purity aura with a Watcher's Eye with defensive mods (ES on hit/Mana as ES). Top end jewels with perfect stats will give a ridiculous amount of damage & ES. I also don't need lightning resistance from gear (using purity of lightning) & I can reach almost 90% max lightning res.

The sad story is... its extremely expensive. To get the best results, you want to have item level 84 aura effect medium cluster jewels with 6 sockets. They are currently around 30ex, just for the uncorrupted/non-mirrored base. Now when the league was just 1 month old they went 40-60ex. Its the same jewel these OP aura stackers use.

I started off with the much cheaper (1-4ex) lvl 68-83 jewels. If you roll them well it can still be very nice results. I haven't run the numbers recently so I can't remember, but I think it still gives more damage compared to the currently most common tree.

"
IxAMxSTUMPY wrote:
Also I know there are certain gear bits I can make better, crafting those on and off atm. To answer your earlier post, I'd go so far as to say endgame console players are more meta than average PC meta, with much of our market areas like delirium, essence and such so dessicated we need to efficiently get everything ourselves. Also yes, you cant aim the storms which makes any fight you need to move a pain, however holding vortex freezes you and instantly locks storms to just in front of you so there are things you can do to make it more feasible. End of the day you wanna play it, you find a way.

Ah, that's interesting. On PC you can't lock in place with Vortex like that! If you use Spell Cascade then you can probably get some range.
"
LiNGeN wrote:
"
Hi Lingen

I have this amu

"Suffixes cannot be changed" (or prefix) craft only works with Augs/Regals/Annuls/Scours. Currency or harvest crafts that "reforge" an item rerolls everything. So if you chaos an item with that mod it will ignore it and reroll the whole item.

:-(((

That are really bad news. I destroyd 2 ex and the item by using reforge in harvest craft and thougt it was only there. Didnd try it with chaos til now and didnd know that this would destroy the suffixes mod. Didnd see that in description of the connot change mod. If this mod is on a item then it says that the suffixes can not be changed. And not with chaos you reroll over all mods. But its my missing information. So its good to know for the future, also i fear the item will brick with my luck. :-(

Btw what is augment influence worth and who can i look for it. If its worth some ex then i sell my 2 hortis and buy an amulet :-)
It is worth noting that augs can add suffixes even past suff cannot be changed. Found that out the hard way.

As far as the experiment tree, I'm heavily intrigued. Will likely never get all the jewels crafted and very few people on console meta craft or play attr stacking builds, but its something to go for, thank you!

Yes, the vortex freeze is handy with our lack of control, but the other issue is that console cannot even use normal spell cascade without going to 4 fps, let alone awakened. Meaning without explode mod, build doesn't clear well unfortunately. So in a normal league getting decent int out of a chest piece is quite the challenge indeed.
I just crafted another chest and hit T1 % int this time with T2 flat and 700 total ES.

I really like this build....

Sitting at 3.5k int now. :)

How's my tree look?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info